Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

RichFTW wrote: »
    I really hope we are not building Wilson up too much and that he doesn't end up like another Macheda! Having a home grown striker banging in goals like Wilson would make winning games extra special.

It's always hard to know how a players career will go. Wilson seems to have a great attitude though. He has a chance. It's up to him to take that chance

Just wondering what people's opinions are on Pearson? I've been hugely impressed by him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

We don't have much else going for us :pac:

:)

th?id=HN.608000896331220780&w=232&h=232&c=7&rs=1&p=0&pid=1.7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

To be fair to Adnan he was single handedly carrying an awful United side in the first half of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the concept of Keane, Wilson and Adnan in our first team squad next season genuinely excites me especially if it means that Young, Valencia and Rio are nowhere near it.

wouldnt mind seeing Powell either, though i think he has a long way to go yet to make the step up and a loan at wigan if they come up would prob be better for him.

what do ye think will happen to Zaha - sold on, loaned out or will get his chance again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

the concept of Keane, Wilson and Adnan in our first team squad next season genuinely excites me especially if it means that Young, Valencia and Rio are nowhere near it.

wouldnt mind seeing Powell either, though i think he has a long way to go yet to make the step up and a loan at wigan if they come up would prob be better for him.

what do ye think will happen to Zaha - sold on, loaned out or will get his chance again?

Didn't see too much of him post loan but the word in general seems to be that his attitude is not up to par whatsoever and his performances weren't great when I did see him. Hopefully if Van Gaal takes over he could knock some sense into the lad

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He had a very good season in an appalling team this season.

I don't have Midfield figures but he had more goals and assists in around February then many other combined.

Lad is still so young.

In some ways there are parallels to Sterling last year. Big talent, make a big impact early in the season, but then faded a bit. If the same parallels hold next season he will come on in leaps and bounds, but with any players of that age there are so many factors that need to be taken into account. He has bagfulls of talent anyhow and a great prospect for ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Id love to see Zaha get a chance tbh.

Exciting bit of stuff when at Palace.

Ive often wondered was his treatment under Moyes a result of him been under Moyes.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

RichFTW wrote: »
    I really hope we are not building Wilson up too much and that he doesn't end up like another Macheda! Having a home grown striker banging in goals like Wilson would make winning games extra special.

I never bought the Macheda hype, as evidenced here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62422277&postcount=4855 and here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62422578&postcount=4864

and I am not hanging all my hopes on Wilson, but he does have a great eye for goal, and I hope his development continues, think the last striker I had high hopes for coming through the youth team was Will Keane and his injury really knocked him :(

Yeah, I'm genuinely excited by the young players coming through. Lingard also, and Pearson and Lawrence.

Not sure on zaha. Raw ability, but appears to have a bad attitude. A season loan at palace, under a manager who will not take any guff, will do him good. He won't get first team football at united next season IMO.

I wouldn't sell him on just yet. It's the human condition: we grow and mature as we age, and he could turn out to be a top footballer if he gets his head together.

• Advertisement

Id love to see Zaha get a chance tbh.

Exciting bit of stuff when at Palace.

Ive often wondered was his treatment under Moyes a result of him been under Moyes.

:pac:

No don't go there. He apparently had the same attitude at cardiff

He has been awful for Cardiff, absolutely awful. Very poor attitude too, he has a long road back imo

Yeah, I'm genuinely excited by the young players coming through. Lingard also, and Pearson and Lawrence.

Not sure on zaha. Raw ability, but appears to have a bad attitude. A season loan at palace, under a manager who will not take any guff, will do him good. He won't get first team football at united next season IMO.

I wouldn't sell him on just yet. It's the human condition: we grow and mature as we age, and he could turn out to be a top footballer if he gets his head together.

obviously we didnt know what was going on terms of his off pitch antics, but i think the decision to send him to Cardiff was a mistake....settling back into Palce would have been seemless for him.

its a pity it didnt happen, who knows how he would have turned out. its the likes of Zaha and some of the players above who will suffer the most due to no Europa league football, can see our loan-outs being huge next season.

Did Pulis want him?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

kryogen wrote: »
    I never bought the Macheda hype, as evidenced here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62422277&postcount=4855 and here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62422578&postcount=4864

and I am not hanging all my hopes on Wilson, but he does have a great eye for goal, and I hope his development continues, think the last striker I had high hopes for coming through the youth team was Will Keane and his injury really knocked him :(

Macheda was about when I started watching Youth teams matches whenever I could and he was good underage but back then the reserves had alot of older players in it and he did well in a good second team.

Will Keane was better than him and Wilson better than all three. (IMO)
    He has been awful for Cardiff, absolutely awful. Very poor attitude too, he has a long road back imo

Zaha - meh, never been impressed by him, was average for the U21's been below average on his loan. Not a united player IMO.
    obviously we didnt know what was going on terms of his off pitch antics, but i think the decision to send him to Cardiff was a mistake....settling back into Palce would have been seemless for him.

its a pity it didnt happen, who knows how he would have turned out. its the likes of Zaha and some of the players above who will suffer the most due to no Europa league football, can see our loan-outs being huge next season.

Loans next season will be very interesting alright. I think Zaha going back to palace and doing well would have told us little about him. Failing at a relegation team showing nothing tells you alot about his attitude.

Did Pulis want him?

yep...i recall he also said he would want him next season also.

True. Palace would have been perfect for him. Fingers crossed he can turn it around. LVG might be able to help in that respect.
    I'm kinda undecided on the Europa league. I'm with you, if we had a "a Europa" team that was separate to the PL team it could be to our advantage.
    Great experience for young players.

I just don't want to see players putting a shift in on Thursday night on the far side of Europe and then playing Sunday morning.

Financially it's of little benefit to us.

I posted a few days ago about how we could lighten the squad of dross, split the squad into two teams; one for league only, the other for domestic cups. I think it could work...

yep...i recall he also said he would want him next season also.

Let him take him. Pulis could get his head right. He doesn't suffer fools

lordgoat wrote: »
    Macheda was about when I started watching Youth teams matches whenever I could and he was good underage but back then the reserves had alot of older players in it and he did well in a good second team.

Will Keane was better than him and Wilson better than all three. (IMO)

Wilson has a real nose for goal, which could see him get game time if the likes of Hernandez move on for sure, hopefully he continues his progression

lordgoat wrote:
    Zaha - meh, never been impressed by him, was average for the U21's been below average on his loan. Not a united player IMO.

Yep, same opinion, I am struggling to see what Fergie saw in him, he was no more impressive (imo) then Knockaert was for Leicester that season in the championship, or this season in fact. I do have a man crush on Anthony Knockaert though in fairness. Cracking little player

lordgoat wrote:

Loans next season will be very interesting alright. I think Zaha going back to palace and doing well would have told us little about him. Failing at a relegation team showing nothing tells you alot about his attitude.

I agree with that actually, he needed to be seen somewhere other then his comfort zone to see what he was really made of, and its his attitude more then his performance that has shocked me more, he has been awful. Never tried a leg as Merson would say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'd sell Zaha if someone would pay good money. I just don't think he'll progress much further than he is now.

Adnan is best on the wing doing exactly what he done the other night. Sick of this number 10 bollix. Everyones a number 10. Adnan has pace and trickery. Get him the ball on the sideline and let him face full backs and run at them instead of having his back to goal. Ronaldo's United days is the best example of how devastating that winger position can be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

There's a fair amount of you lot in the United ranks here, bit of a stronghold down there it seems.

Maybe there's only one schizo!

Growing up there always seemed to be many more Liverpool fans. Then again they won everything back then.

Glad I picked Utd now though, what a great couple of decades!

any of ye trust Bob Cass? he is a bit of a spoofer from what i recall, but he has just claimed that Kroos and Shaw are expected at United next season.

not sure about Shaw myself, for the money quoted its a huge risk but i aint seen a huge amount from him (though alot of his transfer fee would be recouped by selling Ando, Bebe, Nani & 1 young lad or two and there would be considerable wages there too available).

would be a decent window if we got those two, the reality is we need at least 2 more (CB and midfielder). Sir Bobby said earlier we need a couple of players, i hope in his instance a couple means 4 or 5 :(

GSPfan wrote: »
    I'd sell Zaha if someone would pay good money. I just don't think he'll progress much further than he is now.

Adnan is best on the wing doing exactly what he done the other night. Sick of this number 10 bollix. Everyones a number 10. Adnan has pace and trickery. Get him the ball on the sideline and let him face full backs and run at them instead of having his back to goal. Ronaldo's United days is the best example of how devastating that winger position can be.

Spot on. I know hull weren't up to scratch during the week, but he was breathtaking at times on the wing. Dare I say it,
    Ronaldo like.
    Or even remeniscent of my favourite player in 2011. :)

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Maybe there's only one schizo!

Growing up there always seemed to be many more Liverpool fans. Then again they won everything back then.

Glad I picked Utd now though, what a great couple of decades!

Man, the abuse I used to get from pool fans when I was a kid. Glad I held in there.
    I remember arsenal slaughtered us in one of the cups and I was on the brink of jumping ship.
    Forgive me though. I was 10 years old. Tough times, but so worth it now

not sure about Shaw myself, for the money quoted its a huge risk but i aint seen a huge amount from him.

would be a decent window if we got those two, the reality is we need at least 2 more (CB and midfielder). Sir Bobby said earlier we need a couple of players, i hope in his instance a couple means 4 or 5 :(

I have somehow found myself watching all of Southamptons tv games this year (coincidence really) but I have been absolutely impressed by Shaw on every occasion. He is just a dream signing.
    I also was really impressed by Lallana but I wouldn't break the bank for him. But defo a good player.

Maybe Bobby means he wants two players that are a couple?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

I like Waterford I have to say.

Best mate wife from Tramore and know few lads from there.

Real football city. Always was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The two highlighted bits don't seem to compute for me, why do Keane and Wilson merit a place but not Powell?

Personally I would like to see Powell given his chance sooner rather than later, he has went out on loan and made a pretty good fist of it, give him his shot.

Spot on. I know hull weren't up to scratch during the week, but he was breathtaking at times on the wing. Dare I say it,
    Ronaldo like.
    Or even remeniscent of my favourite player in 2011. :)

Yeah I hate the Ronaldo comparison but in terms of trying to describe his possible future effect on our first team it is the most recent example of a talented raw player becoming world class. And I guarantee Adnan will in a few years. Thats a guaranteed opinion. Ha.

I dont want to get in a debate about this but Ronaldo's first 2 or 3 seasons were very hit and miss. He was fantastic to watch but more like on Nani's level where some games he just couldn't get into. It was a few years before he became the ridiculous specimen he is now. Thats how i remember it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Fantastic interview with Mata by Sid Lowe from The Guardian. He's so lovable. Seems like such a genuine down to earth guy. Definitely my favourite player at United since Ronaldo. Such a great professional.

Juan Mata's mum had never been in a helicopter before. Juan Mata had, but this was different. "I'd done the tourist thing, flying along the Grand Canyon and over Manhattan too but that was the first time it was a 'necessity'," he says, recalling the jokes from friends stacking up on his mobile.

January 2014 and "Jonny Kills" (the literal translation of his name, and his nickname in England) had embarked upon a new mission, racing north, with his mum and dad on board, handkerchief neatly tucked into his breast pocket. At £37.1m he had just become Manchester United's record signing. "It was all a bit surreal," he says.

Waiting for him was David Moyes. So too was Ryan Giggs. Mata's hero as a kid was the Real Oviedo midfielder Roberto Pompei. In Spain, that is; in England, it was Giggs, the winger whose shirt he sought when Valencia faced United in the Champions League. Now Giggs was his team-mate, soon he would be his manager. "I told him [he was my idol] when I arrived," Mata smiles. "And he said to me, joking: 'I'm really happy you're here … but I'm a bit sad too. Now I'm only the second best left-footer here'."

"The first days at a new club are always a bit strange but when you have someone like Ryan saying that it eases things," Mata says. "And it really helped that David de Gea was here. He'd been sending messages all week: 'What's happening?' 'When are you coming?'"

"It was a long week," Mata admits. "Mentally, it was complicated. It was hard to leave Chelsea and I'll always be grateful, but at the same time I was joining a great club. I spent virtually the whole time at home with my family, trying to stay calm, waiting, watching time pass, watching films and series, checking the phone. I went to the gym to make sure I didn't lose shape, because I hardly trained [with the team].

Lots of team-mates are friends and they call. Not to gossip, but to ask how you are, to be by your side. I'm still in touch with people at Chelsea: there are good people in that dressing room, friends for ever. Everything depends on the club more than the player: the quantities, the paperwork."

Perhaps the surprise was how apparently amicably the deal was concluded, testament to the skill of the agents handling negotiations. Mata played his part too; Chelsea supporters admired his handling of it, appreciating the letter he addressed to them. "Class", was the conclusion.

"I didn't do that for image's sake," he says. "I wanted to feel at ease with myself, do the right thing, express how I felt about Chelsea. In the end, everyone was conscious of what the situation was. They realised this was the best solution for everyone. I will always be grateful to Chelsea, to the players, the directors, the owner, the fans …"

Was it necessary to leave? The helicopter ride had the feel of a rescue mission about it, but did Mata feel like United had rescued him? There's a pause. Mata speaks calmly, slowly and thoughtfully.

"Like any footballer, I love to play, I love to feel important, I love to enjoy the game. I'll always be proud to say I played at Chelsea, at Valencia, in the youth system at Real Madrid, in the youth system at Real Oviedo, and for United …"

Spain, too. Mata is a world and European champion and a second World Cup was surely a factor. "It's an objective, of course," he admits. "You see the World Cup getting further away and you want to play. That's very important. But a decision like this is not a six-month decision, it's a four-year decision. For both teams and for me it was the right moment, but it was a long-term move, not just six months."

"When you're not playing you don't always have the opportunity to join a club like Manchester United, prepared to pay a barbaridad (fortune) to sign you. It's hard to find a club that does that, especially for a player who's not playing. It gives you enormous confidence, to be United's most expensive player is a big deal and makes me feel I have played well in England. I'm grateful they think so highly of me."

If United did, why didn't Chelsea? Mata has won an FA Cup, the Europa League and the Champions League in England. Two years running, he was Chelsea's player of the year. Again, the response is thoughtful, delivered softly and evenly. "There are lots of players who train hard but don't play and can't explain why. I was put in a situation in which, fortunately, I'd never been before. Perhaps you don't appreciate that if you always play, so going through it makes you see things differently. That's a good thing. I learned."

"I tried to be positive and trained the same as ever. The decision's nothing to do with the player. All I could do was be professional and be available."

Did you ask José Mourinho why you weren't playing? "No." Why not? "Because I didn't consider it opportune." Did he offer an explanation? "No. We never talked about that. Nor would we. When I played, I played. He would give me instructions. There are coaches who explain but others who don't think it's necessary. That's all."

United were a different story. "David [Moyes] called me and said they needed a player like me who makes the team play, who could offer fluidity and provide assists and goals. He told me he thought I could play in any of the three positions behind the striker. I said, yes, I'd played in all three during my career. But in negotiations like this, it always takes a long time. Then came the journey in the helicopter. It was all a bit unreal. And then after just two days' training, I was playing for Manchester United."

Mata provided an assist in his debut against Cardiff. He has since scored five times and provided four assists. Only Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie have more goals and only Rooney has more assists this season. He has been player of the month for two of the three months he has spent at the club, even if he has sometimes appeared on the right, the least natural of the three roles.

"I don't think that's true," he counters. "I don't consider myself a right-winger but it offers me the chance to come inside and that way I have a broader field of vision. It's true, though, that the position that I play best in is media punta . You get into the area more, you provide more assists, more goals, but I can play in any of the three."

If Louis van Gaal arrives as manager – and Mata is quick to insist that he has no idea if he will, saying that players have not been consulted – another option opens up: in a midfield three a little deeper.

"I played there for Spain a couple of times. It's not my normal position but any role which involves having a lot of contact with the ball suits me. You're more comfortable, more in the game, with every touch."

There is an enjoyment about Mata as he talks of United, of visiting the club museum, of Giggs stickers, of Old Trafford, but these have not always been comfortable weeks. This is the first season he has finished in England without a trophy. Moyes was sacked; Giggs came in. In three years, Mata has had six managers in England, often seen in Spain as a haven of patience. "So you're saying it's my fault?!" he laughs.

Explaining it is not easy. "It's complicated when someone's been at a club for almost 30 years, it's a dramatic change. Things haven't worked out," Mata concedes. "I remember coming here with Chelsea and it was almost impossible to win at Old Trafford. Thirteen months ago United would be losing 3-0 and they'd win 4-3. Now we're losing 3-0 and a comeback feels impossible. Maybe there was a loss of confidence, maybe the club found itself in a position it has not been in for years and found it hard to react.

"When a manager goes, the feeling is sadness; there's disappointment and a sense of responsibility. 'If we'd played better, he wouldn't have been sacked.' But the sensation is more general, it's not necessarily focused on the manager. I'll always be grateful to Moyes for bringing me here."

And then came Giggs. "On the Monday he's dressed as a player, on the Tuesday as the manager," Mata says. In a suit? "No. But he was wearing the manager's training top." Did the players suddenly have to call him "gaffer"? Mata smiles. "Giggsy. 'Gaffer' would have felt a bit odd."

"He's calm, shy. He's not a big talker but when he does talk people listen. When you've been here for 20 years, when you know United intimately and what it takes to win, you command respect. He said: 'I'm taking charge for four weeks, we're going to try to do things the right way. I know the ability this team has and I'm going to ensure everyone has a fair chance. We have to be aware that we're representing an enormous club with millions of people behind it.'"

Could missing out on the Champions League be an advantage for United next season? "In the league? Definitely. Of course, I would rather be playing in the Champions League but if we take Liverpool as the example this year; there's a team who have fought all the way to the finish without having played in the Champions League and that might have helped them. Why not? That might be good for the Premier League, yes."

Mata chose where I interviewed him, 20 minutes outside Manchester, because it was quiet. Or so he thought. Fans have travelled in for the weekend's game and the requests for photos and autographs are as constant as the excitement and the goodwill. "There's definitely a 'wow, it's United!' feel," he says. "Old Trafford is fantastic, absolutely huge, and the fans are incredible.

"There are huge demands here. If you don't win the league one year, you have to win it the next. We're all responsible, not just the coach. Next season we have to demonstrate that the club has not lost its essence, its mentality or its competitiveness, that Manchester United has not lost its identity."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/09/juan-mata-manchester-united-chelsea-transfer?CMP=twt_gu

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »
    Yeah I hate the Ronaldo comparison but in terms of trying to describe his possible future effect on our first team it is the most recent example of a talented raw player becoming world class. And I guarantee Adnan will in a few years. Thats a guaranteed opinion. Ha.

I dont want to get in a debate about this but Ronaldo's first 2 or 3 seasons were very hit and miss. He was fantastic to watch but more like on Nani's level where some games he just couldn't get into. It was a few years before he became the ridiculous specimen he is now. Thats how i remember it anyway.

Yeah, good post. I'm actually excited by adnan because he is not like ronaldo. He is different, and that's what's thrilling. He can be something very different, but possibly as effective.
    Weird, I'm so looking forward to next season. I think with van gaal we will see the type of football we have all craved for a number of years.
    There's still a lot of talent in the squad, good young players and maybe three or four world class players in.
    It ain't half bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

any of ye trust Bob Cass? he is a bit of a spoofer from what i recall, but he has just claimed that Kroos and Shaw are expected at United next season.

What's Cass spoofed about before? He works for a **** paper but I always thought he was reliable enough in terms of Utd. He's pretty close to Fergie anyway.

What's Cass spoofed about before? He works for a **** paper but I always thought he was reliable enough in terms of Utd. He's pretty close to Fergie anyway.

Used to be close to fergie. Fergie destroyed him in front of cameras in a pre season tour. Can't remember what it was over. Could have been over a potential transfer.
    From what I've heard he's back in fergie a good books.
    Said it about a month ago that I'd heard from
    A very well informed colleague that 3 players were done. I'm not an ITK!!! But this guy is genuinely well connected.

Didn't say it at the time, but the names he said were shaw, kroos and vidal.
    I laughed when he said vidal. But he isn't a bull ****ter.

(Shouldn't be saying this)

Used to be close to fergie. Fergie destroyed him in front of cameras in a pre season tour. Can't remember what it was over. Could have been over a potential transfer.
    From what I've heard he's back in fergie a good books.
    Said it about a m

It was over his paper running the Sneijder story and it was nothing, just a small bollocking. They quickly made up.

he made up some stories in 2011 that absolutely annoyed the hell out of Fergie and this led to a row in the tunnel at OT that was caught on camera....

found it hard to take him serious since, but i hope he is right on this occasion, especially on Kroos....i cannot for the life of me see though why Kross would leave Munich for us.

he made up some stories in 2011 that absolutely annoyed the hell out of Fergie and this led to a row in the tunnel at OT that was caught on camera..

He didn't make up stories, his paper supposedly added a fake quote to his copy, it blew over quickly enough. He was spot on about RVP and Lucas Moura after that. Don't believe Kroos is coming to Utd though.

Edit: Should add he can be a sarcy bollocks at times and that tweet could well just be him taking the piss out of Utd fans making assumptions Kroos would even have any interest.

• Advertisement

I am hopeful it's LvG now. That interview the other day was gas. And I hope to god he not only signs some good players but also sells a lot of waste.

A mix of world class signings and youth would be an excellent Summer for the squad going into next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'll give up chocolate for 24 hours if Kroos signs.

Promise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Add Rory Gallagher and The Frank and Walters to that and you have everything decent to ever come out of Cork :pac:
    Rory Gallagher is one of ours in Donegal. My apologies if you mean the Jimmys Winning Matches Rory; you can have him no problem if you want.

Promise.

I'll sacrifice one Friday night of corona if he comes.
    I'll give up smokes for a month if Reus signs
    Give up sex for six months if vidal wants to come.
    I'll stop annoying the lads on boards forever if ronaldo wants to come back.
    ;)

Anyone think the majestic winker will come back for a season at the end of his career?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anyone think the majestic winker will come back for a season at the end of his career?

Doubt it now I say

Doubt it now I say

Hmm. You know what, I'd be happy if he even came back for a testimonial.
    Remember watching becks at Neville's. Pissed me off. He was so far above Valencia.
    A million miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd say he will stay and break Raul's goal record to become their highest scoring player ever, it should take him 2 seasons.

He will have so many individual records and awards when he finishes up, fairly light in the trophy department for him though, 4 league titles and 1 champions league so far

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hmm. You know what, I'd be happy if he even came back for a testimonial.
    Remember watching becks at Neville's. Pissed me off. He was so far above Valencia.
    A million miles

Testimonials used be good craic to watch,all the ex players in action,with the way the game is going now I doubt players will be at clubs long enough to have one.

That freak of nature Giggsy had his 12 years ago :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Promise.

If Manchester United sign Toni Kroos I'll make a United sig for every United poster who wants one again.

Testimonials used be good craic to watch,all the ex players in action,with the way the game is going now I doubt players will be at clubs long enough to have one.

That freak of nature Giggsy had his 12 years ago :)

Was at keane's and Neville's. Good times

I'd say he will stay and break Raul's goal record to become their highest scoring player ever, it should take him 2 seasons.

He will have so many individual records and awards when he finishes up, fairly light in the trophy department for him though, 4 league titles and 1 champions league so far

Yep. For a player like him he should be swamped with trophies. Funny he left united to win big. Failed in some ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Be nice to see him win the CL again at Real though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Hmm.
    A million miles

Sailing like driftwood on a windy bay.

Edit: Rory Gallagher ref. Im a big fan.

jane82 wrote: »
    Sailing like driftwood on a windy bay.

Edit: Rory Gallagher ref. Im a big fan.

Hmm. You really a woman?