Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Surely there is something that can be done about that as clearly we are a seperate country and not part of Britain.
    Ha buying a sky Germany/Canal + etc. subscription card is of course legal once its not for public broadcasting - get the one card and you get all 38 United matches along with all the rest live and in HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

keane2097 wrote: »
    He was definitely awful behind the striker anyway.

When do you recall him playing that position? He wouldn't have played that role often at all.

I do remember him playing there against Norwich in the league cup, and he was excellent. Given that performance and considering he might have had maybe a handful more cameos there, it's a stretch to say he was terrible at #10.

I thought he was very decent away to Chelsea playing as a false 9 as well.

Would it be that sky broadcast here as well as UK and could halt rival stations in Ireland....or am I talking out my hoop:p
    Yeah your basically right in one way - ever notice that the UK rights are always mirrored in Ireland, ha that's the agreement in practice for us all to see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

irishfeen wrote: »
    Ha buying a sky Germany/Canal + etc. subscription card is of course legal once its not for public broadcasting - get the one card and you get all 38 United matches along with all the rest live and in HD.

Woah hold up there. This carf goes in my sky box?
    How much?
    Im tired of my laptop crashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

jane82 wrote: »
    How much?

You would need a different box, official Sky box wouldn't work. You would also need a motorised dish or a dish pointed at the right satellite.

jane82 wrote: »
    How much?
    Not a sky box, they too smart for that :) - you need a normal satellite box with a card slot and a dish pointed to a different satellite - check out the Foreign Satellte forum here on boards... just to point out absolutely nothing illegal about it (as long as its for personal home use and not public (pub) broadcasting) as the EU has ruled on the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

irishfeen wrote: »

Is the commentary not in German/French though?

As bad as listening to the Americans and some nobody from the UK is using a stream, it's better than not having a clue what's going on. Also you can get a laugh out of the Americans sometimes; extra time was once referred to as "super special overtime". :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

You would need a different box, official Sky box wouldn't work. You would also need a motorised dish or a dish pointed at the right satellite.

Aren't they geostationary satellites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

RichFTW wrote: »

As bad as listening to the Americans and some nobody from the UK is using a stream, it's better than not having a clue what's going on. Also you can get a laugh out of the Americans sometimes; extra time was once referred to as "super special overtime". :pac:

Some channels you can turn the commentary off altogether and just have the crowd noises, far better imo.

• Advertisement

Aye but if you don't want to listen to them you can change audio feed to the crowd, no commentary - like being at the match itself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I listen to the majority of matches with Ukranian commentary. It annoys me less than what you normally hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I just dislike how any time Januzaj is mentioned someone has to chime in and point out how poor he was for this game, or 15 mins here.

Sorry, name one player bar De Gea who didn't have a stinking dip in form this season? So many were so bad so often, and an 18 year old who most hadn't heard of this time last year was better than the lot of them for the majority of the season. The other argument is "he's not good enough for the starting 11". The fact that he's even in the conversation when you consider his age and his slight build, speaks volumes about the player he is going to be in my opinion.

I totally understand not wanting to get carried away with the hype, but when you look at his situation for what it is, Adnan Januzaj had a fantastic season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I can't believe we're starting the new thread with a breach of charter already!!

NO STREAM REQUESTS!!

Ohhhhh nooooo.!!

Won't somebody please think of the children!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Ohhhhh nooooo.!!

Its against boards.ie rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Ohhhhh nooooo.!!

Bit of a delayed reaction there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Seems like jane82 bites the dust. Load of cloptrop to be honest :eek:
    Never suspected a thing :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057207398

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Bebe has scored 13 league goals and that around 50% of the goals scored by his team.

It would be great if we can use him in player plus cash deal to sign Carvalho.

If we lose Wellbeck or Hernandez would have him back as 4th choice striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I just dislike how any time Januzaj is mentioned someone has to chime in and point out how poor he was for this game, or 15 mins here.

I don't think anybody would be pointing out Adnan's poor performances if some people weren't trying to paint him as the next coming of Ronaldo. One poster yesterday said he carried United for the first half of the season, which is simply not true and it does the lad no favours to say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

jaykay74 wrote: »

If he were a prettier poster he would have been given more leeway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Its against boards.ie rules.

Well duhhhh, was just that he had a rather bitchy way of phrasing it.
    Bit of a delayed reaction there...

Sorry for not lurking in this thread at every given moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Starstreams guys. If ye can get an invite. Best 24 euro every 3 months I spend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Who pissed in your cornflakes.

Given yer attitude they were probably justified though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Liam O wrote: »
    I must have imagined all those games where he seen plenty of the ball and lost it time after time. I think people, including Moyes, wanted him to be more than he is right now. He's a promising young player who with the right guidance could become a great player but he's nowhere near that level now. He didn't play overly much this season and was still dropped for an extended period towards the end of Moyes' tenure.

Yeah, "imagined" is how I would describe it. I remember you saying it throughout the season, but what you were saying never matched up with what I was seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Apology accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I don't think anybody would be pointing out Adnan's poor performances if some people weren't trying to paint him as the next coming of Ronaldo. One poster yesterday said he carried United for the first half of the season, which is simply not true and it does the lad no favours to say it.

Short memories and all, but at Sunderland he singlehandedly won the match, on multiple occasions he was the only player to take the game by the scruff of its neck. Spurs at OT is another game. To say he was carrying players significantly more experienced than himself wouldn't be an overstatement.
    How many times did our tactics simply turn into get the ball to Adnan and see what he can do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Nuts102 wrote: »
    If we lose Wellbeck or Hernandez would have him back as 4th choice striker.

I'd prefer to give Wilson and lingard a chance.
    Although, I've seen nothing of bebe during his time away.

Mars Bar is a she and is our Queen!

I'd prefer to give Wilson and lingard a chance.
    Although, I've seen nothing of bebe during his time away.

Think Wilson and Lingard should go on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I look forward to when LVG slaps Geoff Shreeves.

It will be football history. Fans across the globe celebrating like they won the WC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Sorry, name one player bar De Gea who didn't have a stinking dip in form this season? So many were so bad so often, and an 18 year old who most hadn't heard of this time last year was better than the lot of them for the majority of the season. The other argument is "he's not good enough for the starting 11". The fact that he's even in the conversation when you consider his age and his slight build, speaks volumes about the player he is going to be in my opinion.

I totally understand not wanting to get carried away with the hype, but when you look at his situation for what it is, Adnan Januzaj had a fantastic season.

6gBrHK.gif

If he was 20 or 21 and had the season he is having we would be raving about him. He has some bullet of a shot on him in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Some of those bebe goals are unreal. We might actually get some cash for him :D

zerks wrote: »

Some really well taken goals there.:eek:

Fergie's old mate says we will have Kroos and Shaw at United next season.Negotiations for Reus are well down the road too.

https://twitter.com/Bob_Cass/status/464851043067904000

http://bobcassblog.tumblr.com/post/85323957553/double-dutch-at-manchester-united

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Think Wilson and Lingard should go on loan.

Lingard could do with an EPL loan, he can't do anymore in the Championship.

Wilson could be better off at United. Similar treatment to Januzaj

Why was cloptrop banned?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Lingard could do with an EPL loan, he can't do anymore in the Championship.

Wilson could be better off at United. Similar treatment to Januzaj

He can't have similar treatment to Janjuaz. He would be behind Rooney, Rvp, Hernandez and Wellbeck. A championship loan would be much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

He's in the club hanging around with flah and mink man :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

IvySlayer wrote: »
    He's in the club hanging around with flah and mink man :P

Flah?

Edit: I know who Flah is, I am just wondering why he is included in that company

LVG has put his apartment up for rent,he's on the way lads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He can't have similar treatment to Janjuaz. He would be behind Rooney, Rvp, Hernandez and Wellbeck. A championship loan would be much better.

Wilson imo is better off in their company for now, he had a bad injury already while in growing years and isn't physically up to a loan yet. He wouldn't get as much game time as Adnan but I think he needs the same treatment in the sense of him staying with United first team. He would get more protection and still gain relevant experience even in short appearances next season. In the second half of the season that might change depending on how he gets on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Is Bebe not out of contract in the Summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

zerks wrote: »
    LVG has put his apartment up for rent,he's on the way lads.

An apartment eh. That's soooo continental!

paulbok wrote: »
    Is Bebe not out of contract in the Summer?

Next season I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mars Bar is a she and is our Queen!

Well clearly! I leave for 24 hours and ye are killing each other in the thread. But for that comment along, you can stay. I like you.
    Ohhhhh nooooo.!!

Take it up with head honchos if you wish to challenge the rule. Otherwise, keep shtum or you'll be done for arguing a moderators warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Martinez leaving will probably stop any chance of Kroos going, we need to go all out for Martinez if he is

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Anyone know if William Carvalho is any good? Never seen him myself. Seems like the type of player we need from what I've heard though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I had been certain that LVG was on his way, but I'm really doubting it now - I think United are backing off this deal, and I fear it isn't because they have someone better lined up. I think either Giggs being on the ticket or Fergie in the background are the sticking points in this deal.

Hope I am wrong, or that it is sorted soon - would love to see it announced at about 4.50pm tomorrow...

I had been certain that LVG was on his way, but I'm really doubting it now - I think United are backing off this deal, and I fear it isn't because they have someone better lined up. I think either Giggs being on the ticket or Fergie in the background are the sticking points in this deal.

Hope I am wrong, or that it is sorted soon - would love to see it announced at about 4.50pm tomorrow...

Didnt Fergie want him to take over when he was originally going to retire?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement