Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Was reading that Strootman is expected back in action in August. Do you reckon he could be a late transfer deadline day deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

GSPfan wrote: »
    Was reading that Strootman is expected back in action in August. Do you reckon he could be a late transfer deadline day deal?

No. January at the earliest but if we were to get him I would say next summer is the best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Hayek.

Dusk til dawn.

Jizz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

ElChe32 wrote: »
    SALMA HAYEK!! Jaysus lad have ye never seen Desperado...sweet sufferin' jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaysus

**Purely for scientific viewing**

*hot damn*

I have to conduct some field research later on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Anyway lads back to the football for heavens sake.

So that Ronaldo lad is fair good.

I heard he aims to be the next Bebe.

• Advertisement

How many managers have won the premier league in their first season?

Just to know the presumably small group Van Gaal will be joining

Mourinho and Ancellotti.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

How many managers have won the premier league in their first season?

Just to know the presumably small group Van Gaal will be joining
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You're all a bunch of perverts.

Ok then
    index.php?size=full&src=http%3A%2F%2Fi111.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fn131%2FNicnever%2F00%2520S%2FSalma%2520Hayek%2FHayek__Dogma__001.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

GSPfan wrote: »

Even if we were willing to take a gamble on him without seeing how he's recovered, he's only a year into a 5 year deal and Garcia has been promised he won't have to sell anyone to fund signings. I really can't see them letting him go anytime soon, or cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

This thread "Come for the football..stay for the tits"

• Advertisement

So lads theres a thread over at.....oh wait im sober :(

This thread "Come for the football..stay for the tits"

Or "Stay for the football, come for the ti.." No wait..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Mars is gonna card all you chauvinist pigs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And now. The end is near. And so we face. The final curtain.

Will be so happy once today is out of the way. An end to our useless season. Can start the grieving process at seeing our closest rivals duke it out for the title. But come tonight, everything is reset again and our summer can get underway properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sad day really. Just rams home what an awful season Utd have had(as if we didn't know already).

Says it all that I'll be keeping an eye on the City game hoping they don't lose.

Kinda excited for the summer. Van Gaal would certainly be an exciting prospect and a breath of fresh air. I'm just very sceptical that we will get in the players people are expecting.

Still, with the right manager in place I do think the mentality and hopefully results can be turned around pretty quickly, and with a few additions challenge for the title again.

I do feel Utd will be more fragile after the season they have had. Even if they do pick up their form next season I do fear a little that they will be very vulnerable if conceding a goal. Will be hard to shake off the memories of this season and almost giving up when conceding. All the more reason that I hope the likes of Van Gaal takes charge and just slams his personality on the club from the off, and gives the players that inner belief again.

Van Gaal and three big signings and I'd be happy enough. As much as we can expect as well I think. Really really hope I'm wrong and there are more signings. Let's wait and see.

The board IMO have been very hesitant on decisions and I fear that may continue this summer. They were awful with their indecision last summer and even with the Moyes sacking, I think they were too late with that. The sceptic in me has me worried that Van Gaal still hasn't been signed.

So to sum up I'm cautiously optimistic for the summer. I think it will be good but just not as good as a lot are expecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

adox wrote: »
    Sad day really. Just rams home what an awful season Utd have had(as if we didn't know already).

Says it all that I'll be keeping an eye on the City game hoping they don't lose.

Kinda excited for the summer. Van Gaal would certainly be an exciting prospect and a breath of fresh air. I'm just very sceptical that we will get in the players people are expecting.

Still, with the right manager in place I do think the mentality and hopefully results can be turned around pretty quickly, and with a few additions challenge for the title again.

I do feel Utd will be more fragile after the season they have had. Even if they do pick up their form next season I do fear a little that they will be very vulnerable if conceding a goal. Will be hard to shake off the memories of this season and almost giving up when conceding. All the more reason that I hope the likes of Van Gaal takes charge and just slams his personality on the club from the off, and gives the players that inner belief again.

Van Gaal and three big signings and I'd be happy enough. As much as we can expect as well I think. Really really hope I'm wrong and there are more signings. Let's wait and see.

The board IMO have been very hesitant on decisions and I fear that may continue this summer. They were awful with their indecision last summer and even with the Moyes sacking, I think they were too late with that. The sceptic in me has me worried that Van Gaal still hasn't been signed.

So to sum up I'm cautiously optimistic for the summer. I think it will be good but just not as good as a lot are expecting.

I don't think there will be more than four signings. To be honest three world class signings in the right positions and I'd be confident going into next season. We still have a good squad and team. It's just that we are really lacking in key positions. A top centre half partnered with smalling, and a top left full, should stop us conceding the stupid goals that cost us dearly this year.
    But the biggest problem is midfield. It's been a problem for a few years and we need to get a world class player in that position.
    Hopefully the new manager is announced this week and we can start looking the future properly

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Tense times in the Rooney household today :)....

"@ColeenRoo: Good luck to Liverpool FC today!! Great season!! Fingers crossed!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

We need at least two world class midfielders but yeah we will probably struggle to get one.

Carrick, Cleverly, Fletcher, Fellaini.

Just writing their names down and reading them aloud reminds me of how bad we are in midfield. Ideally none of them will start next year.

I've heard it mentioned Van Gaal wants a left footed Centre back? Would Vertonghen fit the bill? I don't think he is happy at Spurs. I really like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Tense times in the Rooney household today :)....

"@ColeenRoo: Good luck to Liverpool FC today!! Great season!! Fingers crossed!!"

I'm sure that's really eating Wayne up, Poor soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

I think VG favours the 4-3-3 system. This could influence the type of player we go after this summer.
    It could have an even bigger influence on who leaves this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Come on city,We go again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

This time last year, whilst very happy with our latest Premiership win, I had begun praying it would not be Moyes.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Still champions for another 5 hours lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

20 times 20 times Man United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

City and Liverpool to lose today.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

At least there will be no "stand up for the Champions" chants next season. It gets pretty cringy when they start it at european and cup matches.
    They always seem to wait until I'm enjoying a pie and make me stand up, fluckers.

Actually I'm reading that again now and it's just hit me. What a sh*t season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Apologies if this has been answered, but is the match on TV? Had a quick flick through the guide and couldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

v3ttel wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been answered, but is the match on TV? Had a quick flick through the guide and couldn't find it.

No Il be getting out the canoe and getting on a stream for the afternoon,

Cant wait to say goodbye to 2013/14 season,

Onwards on upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Our highlight of the season has been Kate Upton pics and gifs.

I expect a result today. Don't know why but think we will win

• Advertisement

s.welstead wrote: »
    They always seem to wait until I'm enjoying a pie and make me stand up, fluckers.

Actually I'm reading that again now and it's just hit me. What a sh*t season!

Pie or Prawn Sandwich Ftw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Does the summer transfer window open today??????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Does the summer transfer window open today??????????

Actually the 9th of June this year.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Actually the 9th of July this year.

Cheers, thought i heard somewhere before that it opens on the last day of the season.

A repeat of the summer 2007 transfer window would be nice for starters and avoid premature meltdowns from the likes of myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wish utd would do pre contracts. We seldom ever do them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Timmyctc wrote: »

Who pissed in your cornflakes.

Given yer attitude they were probably justified though.

They wern't replying to me in the first place, so unlucky.

Mars Bar is a she and is our Queen!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5rt78tfyF1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

After this and my post before it i'll be on my way..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    They wern't replying to me in the first place, so unlucky.

Its like you post in slow motion

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Well clearly! I leave for 24 hours and ye are killing each other in the thread. But for that comment along, you can stay. I like you.

Take it up with head honchos if you wish to challenge the rule. Otherwise, keep shtum or you'll be done for arguing a moderators warning.

Funnily enough I don't. I'm big enough to search the internet for streams to a match(who doesn't know a site or two at this stage in fairness) , it wasn't me who requested one and i never implied that I had a problem with the rules.
    It was just your phrasing that brought about my initial response
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    I can't believe we're starting the new thread with a breach of charter already!!

Think everyone's jumping the gun a bit here.
    After intending to after my last post, i'll see myself out this time.
    No point in arguing about something silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

How can anyone support City either? If we don't win the league then I don't care!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

glued wrote: »
    How can anyone support City either? If we don't win the league then I don't care!

We don't support City, we would just rather them win it then the Pool..

glued wrote: »

Absolutely hate seeing city win the league. They pretty much just buy the league title, never have i seen anyone come through the academy ranks in city and go on to become a great player as the likes of class of 92. Scumbags :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Thecon21 wrote: »
    We don't support City, we would just rather them win it then the Pool..

Don't get me wrong watching Liverpool bottle the title has been hilarious but I really don't care who wins us.

Anyway we'll be back in May,
    To take it away,
    Walking in a van Gaal wonderland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

zerks wrote: »
    City and Liverpool to lose today.:cool:

That would be good. but at the end of the day, as long as Liverpool don't win the title I'm happy. The spoilt brats next door might have got too much pocket money from Daddy. But they are decades behind us in terms of equalling our trophy haul or records. Liverpool for me will always be our biggest rival and so that's why they must lose today. Ideally neither of them would win it, but since that isn't possible this year. City winning the title is the lesser of two evils.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The way we lost it to City a few years back broke my heart, so today is water off a duck's back to me. Nothing will ever beat that heartbreak of thinking we had the league won, only for QPR to collapse so spectacularly :(

So City winning it today is nothing new and nowhere near as frustrating. Liverpool winning it for the first time, especially in such a horrid year for us, would be gut wrenching though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Anyone for taking the spotlight off City or Liverpool winning the league by announcing LVG at 6pm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

irishfeen wrote: »
    Anyone for taking the spotlight off City or Liverpool winning the league by announcing LVG at 6pm :)

There will be no announcement neither would it take the spotlight off a title win for either club. Utd have been pretty irrelevant this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 10m
    In 15 mins big transfer news on big english club.

Manchester United

hmmm

Schwiiing wrote: »
    There will be no announcement neither would it take the spotlight off a title win for either club. Utd have been pretty irrelevant this season.
    Anything major to do with Manchester United would take some spotlight away from the others ;)

hmmm
    Good source Copper??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement