Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I feel sick watching city celebrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There it is,City win the league,50 odd thousand of them care,nobody else does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

4GbZX3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is over, celebrations....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What a boring game. :(
    A fitting end to a horrible season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Annoyes me that this is probably the first time this season that they sold out the stadium

zerks wrote: »

I think many of us United fans in here cared a fair bit over the last few weeks when it looked like the Pool were going to win it.

8dN7CL.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

No celebrations from this Tallaght boy, we were awful this year.

Roll on the summer, the gossip, the new manager, new players etc :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Thank **** its over.

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    Annoyes me that this is probably the first time this season that they sold out the stadium

They give out free tickets to fill seats and now are extending the stadium:pac:

Biggest club in Manchester...LOL.

stankratz wrote: »
    I think many of us United fans in here cared a fair bit over the last few weeks when it looked like the Pool were going to win it.

Liverpool were good in providing comedy, the script couldn't have been better.
    Gerrard talks about not slipping up, Gerrard slips... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Season is over. Time to party.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

How can any football fan say that they'd rather not have a match on Thursday evenings? Is it really worth having no European football at all so that the club can mount a half-hearted assault on third place next season?

I'd much rather have the matches against the 'outer Mongolia XIs' (or quite decent European teams).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

J. Marston wrote: »
    Season is over. Time to party.

8aGGW.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

New season, New manager, New players, back to winning.

stankratz wrote: »

Read it again,because City won,only they care.Had liverpool won we'd never hear the end of it.

Bog wrote: »
    How can any football fan say that they'd rather not have a match on Thursday evenings? Is it really worth having no European football at all so that the club can mount a half-hearted assault on third place next season?

I'd much rather have the matches against the 'outer Mongolia XIs' (or quite decent European teams).

United want to show how to win the league easily with no European football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

This time next season we'll be gearing up for an FA Cup and CL final after having just won the league. Can't wait.

Hopefully LVG will be officially announced as the new boss within the next 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Thank God that season is over. Hardly anything positive to take from it. At least Liverpool didn't win the league.

PyPmhML.jpg

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I think plenty of Utd fans should care and be concerned, City are going to go on and push for more titles and possibly dominate the league, Utd will be trying to rebuild and try get back in CL. It took Liverpool years to get back into the CL. Might take Utd just as long.

Or maybe not if ye spunk 200 million.

Liam O wrote: »
    This time next season we'll be gearing up for an FA Cup and CL final after having just won the league. Can't wait.

You left out the League Cup victory.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Liam O wrote: »

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Well done Man City on winning the league. They deserve it. Surely Chelsea should look back and realize they blew it. It was theirs to win. Silly results cost them and the special one knows it

As a United fan,I'm glad its all over and look to fresh start. Sometimes think this season was like a episode of Dallas where I wake up and realize the whole year was a dream.

Roll on the World Cup. Airtricity League, GAA & AFL and I can focus on something else for a few weeks.

Read it again,because City won,only they care.Had liverpool won we'd never hear the end of it.

And that is why we care that City won it!

Augmerson wrote: »
    I think plenty of Utd fans should care and be concerned, City are going to go on and push for more titles and possibly dominate the league, Utd will be trying to rebuild and try get back in CL. It took Liverpool years to get back into the CL. Might take Utd just as long.

Or maybe not if ye spunk 200 million.

Over the last 20 years or so,we've heard the same story about Blackburn,Arsenal,Chelsea & now City.United have always bounced back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

10258163_10152421573824630_8621779202666461261_n.jpg7

And facebook has come alive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

things look a little bit better than they did 3 weeks ago - Moyes gone, Liverpools league title gone.

7th place tho is a shocking position for our club to finish...the journey back to the top of the table is going to be a hard one though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Looks like Zaha wants to stay, he admitted he might have thought about leaving had Moyes still been in charge.

Article up on ESPN.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Thank God that season is over. Hardly anything positive to take from it. At least Liverpool didn't win the league.

PyPmhML.jpg

:)

Does anyone have a link to the original photos of Rodgers looking up at Shankly and Paisley asking how is he doing?

303650.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

There was another one with Shankly and Paisley and Rodgers was looking up asking how am I doing boss?

It's epic.

"It's the greatest moment of your life. People will mention kids, but everyone has kids. Not everyone has a Premier League title" -Gary Neville

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

PL medal record update

Gerrard 0-0 Kew

im parking the bus but i have not let it slip yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Posted in the humour thread,

Gary Neville - "Winning a premiership title is the greatest moment of your life. people will mention kids but everybody has kids, not everybody has a premiership title"

Can't be certain some of those who thought they would get a medal this year actually have their own kids either.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Jesus, without me saying a single thing to them, I've had texts from 3 Liverpool fans in the last half hour laughing at how bad we've been this season. Can only imagine the torment if they actually won anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

gonna try avoid this thread tonight I reckon some angry posters may try disrupt our perverted gifs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Jesus, without me saying a single thing to them, I've had texts from 3 Liverpool fans in the last half hour laughing at how bad we've been this season. Can only imagine the torment if they actually won anything.

Yep, it's blame/abuse everyone else time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ElChe32 wrote: »
    "It's the greatest moment of your life. People will mention kids, but everyone has kids. Not everyone has a Premier League title" -Gary Neville

Ugh what a cretin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Over the last 20 years or so,we've heard the same story about Blackburn,Arsenal,Chelsea & now City.United have always bounced back.

we also have never fallen this this far behind when we needed to bounce back. this transfer window is the most important in the clubs history. if it doesnt go exactly as we need it (4+ genuine world class players), we will not be winning a league anytime soon.

gonna try avoid this thread tonight I reckon some angry posters may try disrupt our perverted gifs!

Don't worry boss, I got ye covered
    rXoS8.gif

glued wrote: »
    There was another one with Shankly and Paisley and Rodgers was looking up asking how am I doing boss?

It's epic.

It's in The Humour Thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Season over and highlight was Mata....

Back to the boobs please!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Next season will be incredibly competitive. Those top 4 spots are going to be fiercely contested.

Chelsea will sign a decent striker in the Summer. Nailed on top 4 team
    City will strengthen an already amazing squad. Nailed on top 4 team
    Liverpool - They will strengthen but its hard to tell how they will do next season
    Arsenal - its hard to tell how they will do next season at the best of times but they seem to be masters at staying in the top 4.
    As for Utd, if we don't get top 4 considering the level of investment we are reportedly putting into the team, along with a high calibre manager, I would be shocked.

My prediction for next seasons top 4:

1 City
    2 Chelsea
    3 United
    4 Liverpool

I think we will finish either 3rd or 4th, and I'm erring on the side of optimism :)

Katy-Perry-GIF-034.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I am actually delighted Liverpool didnt win it now. Just watched the interviews of Pellegrini and Kompany and I am not one bit annoyed by them.

If Liverpool had of won it I'd have been irritated by every word out of their mouths.

Its all over now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ask them what colour the second place trophy is

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Strong whiff of obsession here lads.

/walks away to Champions League music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I like to forget this season ever happened. Id like to forget a Moyes was ever our manager

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement