Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• I'm just thanking everything because it's really annoying one person in particular :pac:

LOL I was thinking the exact same thing. Snap!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I love how Liverpool fans are trying to use our league position against us. The reality is we accepted that months ago and won't bother the majority at all :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

viper006 wrote: »
    No surprise to see the utd thread buzzing with liverpool debate. Supporting your team before a huge match is something alot could learn in this thread. The constant meltdown here this season have been comedy gold.Wishing your own team to lose so moyes would go the highlight!!

Liverpool rise this season to title contenders in tandem with united spectacular fall from grace despite big money spent has been tremendously satisfying and enjoyable. It could have been better but its been great :)

AAAANNNNNDDDD at the end of it all ye still won nothing.

No surprise to see the utd thread buzzing with liverpool debate. Supporting your team before a huge match is something alot could learn in this thread. The constant meltdown here this season have been comedy gold.Wishing your own team to lose so moyes would go the highlight!!

Liverpool rise this season to title contenders in tandem with united spectacular fall from grace despite big money spent has been tremendously satisfying and enjoyable. It could have been better but its been great :)

Yeah we've been hilarious, but you guys beat us in that too.

It will be many years before "this doesn't slip", followed by a slip from the man who said it, will be beaten.

Luke Chadwick 1, Stevie 'Christopher Dean' Gerrard 0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll give it two weeks before he openly offers himself to Real and Barca.

meh, two weeks? You should have given yourself a longer window before looking like a chump. £70m+ plus would soften the blow should it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

the thread that just keeps on giving..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You want a laugh lads?

Go back to this time 2 years ago on boards.ie when others were laughing at us. Now some those same posters are crying and calling us obsessed hahaha

It Karma.................

mike65 wrote: »
    meh, two weeks? You should have given yourself a longer window before looking like a chump. £70m+ plus would soften the blow should it happen.

QsWqZWq.png

• squadro wrote: »
    the thread that just keeps on giving..:D

LOL Its even funnier when there winding themselves up....in fairness we have been going easy on them!

• Advertisement

• zerks wrote: »
    QsWqZWq.png

Your like the gift that keeps on giving...

Wellbeck ya shaper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Had a look in the Liverpool thread there,

Apparently we're City's bitches.

Ok then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Summery of today's match lads??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

irishfeen wrote: »
    Summery of today's match lads??

we were ****
    vidic played almost the full match bleeding
    matas goal was beautiful

Had a look in the Liverpool thread there,

Apparently we're City's bitches.

Ok then.

They are akin to the lad who buys a woman drink all night & she ends up riding somebody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

NTMK wrote: »
    we were ****
    vidic played almost the full match bleeding
    matas goal was beautiful
    Sums up the season so - in the history of Manchester United Season 2013/14 will not be top of the pile but if there is any club to come back and win it next season its United.

SAF always said losses were not always a bad thing as it makes us stronger, the mocking and taunting of United this season I hope will come back and bite all of them in the hole.

In LVG/Manchester United we thrust!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

zerks wrote: »
    They are akin to the lad who buys a woman drink all night & she ends up riding somebody else.

And you are akin to the guy whose bird it is that is being ridden and all you can do is watch shamefully while hiding behind your own curtains pleasuring yourself, lol

donfers wrote: »
    And you are akin to the guy whose bird it is that is being ridden and all you can do is watch shamefully while hiding behind your own curtains pleasuring yourself, lol

jesus christ

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

please dont go:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

That may be the worst insult I have ever seen. The lol just tops it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Think I'll give this thread a miss for a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Sure aren't ye obsessed with the same bird and haven't managed to score her in 25 years?

Ye nearly had her this year though. Got her back to the bedroom and all. She starts to undo her bra and BAM! ye shoot the load all over those Stevie G bed sheets.

At least it'd have a happy ending:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

That 'fantasy' sounds a little too well thought out.
    Did you stain the curtains???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

The real fun and games start tomorrow when VG is announced. :) can't wait for his press conferences!

• Advertisement

This song should help you.

Its Gerrard favourite at minute x x x x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

As funny as that is, :D:D, not sure about the comparison.

right im done. I had my 1 hour thrill.;)

back to groaning and moaning about United from here on. Off for Chinese first.

There's a lot of denial coming from Liverpool fans. It was a great season for Liverpool for the most part, no doubt about it, but it collapsed in dreadful fashion and there's no getting around that. I thought this summed it up pretty well:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90249621&postcount=289

Don't slip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Don't slip.

Zerks thanks count will prob triple by the end of the day.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Hi.

Zerks thanks count will prob triple by the end of the day.

#thankswhore :D:D

After the season we had any excuse for a laugh is welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Agreed season is over now. happy Liverpool didn't win but its like saying I prefere getting punched in the stomach rather than getting kicked in the stones

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Hi.

Enjoy the pints?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

OK as far as I'm concerned the new season has started! Let's get a good manager, some good players and play some good football. And a world cup to look forward to. How bad?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Enjoy the pints?

They were a alright bar the obvious smear ;)

Phil Neville just put up a picture on instagram of himself and the lads on the bench today and captioned it "been a pleasure!", is he off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

There's a lot of denial coming from Liverpool fans. It was a great season for Liverpool for the most part, no doubt about it, but it collapsed in dreadful fashion and there's no getting around that. I thought this summed it up pretty well:

Denial is having a go at team that won 37 from a possible 42 points when your own team finishes in 7th behind a team whose manager yee took. That is funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90249621&postcount=289

Can I just ask you think it's collapse of dreadful fashion, I don't get it?

As it turned out for Liverpool to win they would have had to win 18 of 19 games since the new year.
    They won 15, drew 3 and lost 1. Not exactly a collapse in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

It seems you don't know what denial is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Listen lad. Liverpool were don fer after Gerrard's slip. That's life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Denial is having a go at team that won 37 from a possible 42 points when your own team finishes in 7th behind a team whose manager yee took. That is funny

That is not denial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

murpho999 wrote: »

As it turned out for Liverpool to win they would have had to win 18 of 19 games since the new year.

They bottled it at the end. It's been a great season but with a sick end for you lads. That'll leave a huge mental scar with a lot of players. City were in 1st gear all season and still managed to win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

glued wrote: »
    They bottled it at the end. It's been a great season but with a sick end for you lads. That'll leave a huge mental scar with a lot of players. City were in 1st gear all season and still managed to win the league.

Losing against Chelsea was the key result and I would hardly call losing against them bottling it. The Palace result didn't really matter in the end.

If anything they will gain confidence from this season as they weren't expected to be challenging at all.

• murpho999 wrote: »
    Losing against Chelsea was the key result and I would hardly call losing against them bottling it. The Palace result didn't really matter in the end.

If anything they will gain confidence from this season as they weren't expected to be challenging at all.
    I can't understand how the Palace result didn't matter? Please explain.
    NM Goal Difference. But it may have put city under more pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

"The one and only formation Louis van Gaal believes in is 4-3-3. Most of the time, that means one defensive midfielder, two hardworking central midfielders—one of them allowed to be more creative—and one striker, assisted by two wingers or inside forwards."

We don't really have the midfielders to play this system. I think he may look to bring in two CMs before next season.

• "The one and only formation Louis van Gaal believes in is 4-3-3. Most of the time, that means one defensive midfielder, two hardworking central midfielders—one of them allowed to be more creative—and one striker, assisted by two wingers or inside forwards."

We don't really have the midfielders to play this system. I think he may look to bring in two CMs before next season.
    Wheres the quote coming from dude?

murpho999 wrote: »

It was a collapse because it was totally in Liverpool's hands. They didn't need to beat Chelsea but just avoid defeat. They were tactically naive in that game and played right into Mourinho's hands. They then capitulated in spectacular fashion to a Palace side where they again showed themselves tactically naive (once Palace started scoring they should have shut up shop).

As I said before, it was a great season and they did tremendously well to put themselves into a winning position; but then they blew it.

It reminds me of that time Ireland went to Amsterdam when managed by McCarthy and went 2-0 up. The game finished 2-2. Roy Keane mentions in his book how at the end of the match many of the players were celebrating the result on the grounds that a point in Amsterdam wasn't a bad result - but it is when you're 2-0 in front. Which is why Keane didn't celebrate.

Liverpool fans can be justifiably proud at the progression that has been made. But there's no hiding from the fact that the season has ended in disappointment. This was the best chance of this generation to take the title, it was in Liverpool's own hands, and yet they let it slip.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

"The one and only formation Louis van Gaal believes in is 4-3-3. Most of the time, that means one defensive midfielder, two hardworking central midfielders—one of them allowed to be more creative—and one striker, assisted by two wingers or inside forwards."

Ya think?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement