Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,394 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Could Van Gaal be still be getting some form of compensation from Bayern after his sacking that will be nullified if he takes a new club positions before a certain date? I've heard of such clauses before but not sure how much of that is just mindless speculation.

I'm not overly impressed with those Van Gaal quotes in the Guardian piece by Jamie Jackson. He seems too eager to build himself up and take credit for other's successes. I just hope his best years are not behind him and we are not left with an arrogant autocrat with an over inflated opinion of himself.

no - he is employed as the Dutch national manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Alistair Fergusson ‏@Fergie1975 1m

Been told that Van Gaal and Shaw are imminent. Hold up due to United wanting to end the season and some issues with Dutch FA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

ElChe32 wrote: »

Been told that Van Gaal and Shaw are imminent. Hold up due to United wanting to end the season and some issues with Dutch FA.

He's actually reliable enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Exciting times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Just gona post this. Heard that it was Van Gaals staff being released was part of the hold up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Any idea who he is??

irishfeen wrote: »
    Any idea who he is??

Works in tv as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Tim Sherwood is available, sign him up Woody

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/27389072

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

NTMK wrote: »
    januzaj is the best kosovar-albanian teenager born in belgium on the 5th february 1995:P

1995? That makes me feel old and I'm only 25.

Also, Bebe didn't make Portugal's World Cup squad :(.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    1995? That makes me feel old and I'm only 25.

25 - ha you are old mate :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

J. Marston wrote: »

Feck, I wont watch a minute of the World Cup in protest. #GetBebeIn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

All the better, he'll be fresh for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

All the better, he'll be fresh for next season.

There is no chance Bebe will play for us next season.

Why would he stick around when we don't have Champion's League football anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

25 - ha you are old mate :P

Feck off! I'm still young and cool and hip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Chagan wrote: »
    There is no chance Bebe will play for us next season.

Why would he stick around when we don't have Champion's League football anymore?

Because Bebe cares and wants to bring the club back to its former glory!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

glued wrote: »
    I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't attempt to train our own managers; we should!

I'll suggest it then!

That "bootroom" crap held Liverpool back for years. Manchester United are a massive enterprise and should be headhunting the best managers in the world, not focusing on promoting less experienced people from within simply because they subscribe to certain values.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

We got Robbie Fowler and Mcateer in work tomorrow, doing a Hangout and unveiling the new away kit, it's all set up now, may take a wander down and have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I'll suggest it then!

That "bootroom" crap held Liverpool back for years. Manchester United are a massive enterprise and should be headhunting the best managers in the world, not focusing on promoting less experienced people from within simply because they subscribe to certain values.

Yeah I mean we should be looking to train managers from within but we should ultimately always appoint the best person for the job.

glued wrote: »
    Yeah I mean we should be looking to train managers from within but we should ultimately always appoint the best person for the job.

The best training a manager can ever get is to manage. If Giggs wants the job, he should leave united and learn the trade of management at smaller clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I cant wait for LVG, im very excited by it. I cant wait to get behind a manager that I can believe in ya know. Iv no problem giving him time because I know utd are a rebuilding job but not as big as some may say.

Your not going to change utd's style over night, it will take LVG at least 2 seasons I believe.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    I cant wait for LVG, im very excited by it. I cant wait to get behind a manager that I can believe in ya know. Iv no problem giving him time because I know utd are a rebuilding job but not as big as some may say.

Your not going to change utd's style over night, it will take LVG at least 2 seasons I believe.
    Would you still support LVG if we finished outside top 4 next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If he played exciting football and we could actually see what he was trying to do then yes, 100%.

With Moyes nobody had any idea what he was up to and the football was just dull and tepid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm sure he would provided there was a clear implementation of a new style and good players brought in in the transfer market.

That's what everyone wanted with Moyes also. Instead, we got one good player (Mata) but dross performances and a terribly stagnant style of play on the pitch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It's not just about the final position; it's about signs of progress. I would want top 4 but if we fell barely outside and we could see attempts at progress, I wouldn't mind.

Yap once I see improvement, ill be fully behind him :)

I cant for next season tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

That is not a straight forward yes or no answer.

Performances, style of play, signs of improvement, team selections and formations among other things play an important factor.

As had been said before, had Moyes got us outside the top 4 but by a narrower margin and with a clear to see plan in the way he played and signs of improvement throughout the year then a lot more people would have been in favour of him staying.

In the same way, had we finished inside the top 4 this year playing the way we did all year long, just with better luck on our sides, I still wouldn't have been in favour of keeping Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

Lets be realistic folks. LVG is not going to perform miracles in his 1st season in charge. I believe its going to take 2 or 3 transfer windows to get a saud capable of performing to its past glories. If we get top 4 next season it will have been a solid start to his career as manager. I just cant understand people saying that we get the man in and we will all round us. Some people need a reality check.

Ha ill remind ye all of them posts if we finish outside the top 4 and ye are freaking out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

billyhead wrote: »
    Lets be realistic folks. LVG is not going to perform miracles in his 1st season in charge.

family-guy-i-disagree-1.jpg

van-gaal.jpg

Louis-van-Gaal-001.jpg

1IZreIB.png

Ill stop now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lets be realistic folks. LVG is not going to perform miracles in his 1st season in charge. I believe its going to take 2 or 3 transfer windows to get a saud capable of performing to its past glories. If we get top 4 next season it will have been a solid start to his career as manager. I just cant understand people saying that we get the man in and we will all round us. Some people need a reality check.

I don't particularly think anyone here expects a title tilt next year, you can however look at Liverpool as an example of what can be achieved with no Europe, some very good players and a bit of luck. Anything is possible and being honest it's that optimism that makes me excited for LVG. It's a world away from a few weeks ago under Moyes.

I think that people are getting excited by the appointment but I don't believe most fans are getting ahead of themselves

• Advertisement

We should ban the name Moyes for any utd thread. He would be like Voldemort of utd thread. Moyes will be he who must not be named

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

I'm gonna risk being proven wrong here by not being bothered going over the last few pages to double check this, but I don't think anyone is saying this.

People want Van Gaal in because he seems to have the right mentality for a top club and doesn't seem to take any sh"t, so should be the right man to gets us back on track. Don't think too many are claiming, realistically at least, that he will be winning us the domestic treble next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Interesting nasri left out of the world cup squad I know its our rival teams player but odd, he had a good season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

We should ban the name Moyes for any utd thread. He would be like Voldemort of utd thread. Moyes will be he who must not be named

What about joffrey or is it too mean

There really is no need, I think we can all just move on now. He didnt intentionally fail, he is still a good manager, he seems like a very decent human being. No need to be petty about the situation now it has been dealt with

Hococop wrote: »
    Interesting nasri left out of the world cup squad I know its our rival teams player but odd, he had a good season

Bad reputation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hococop wrote: »

@_Anara_: **** france and **** deschamps! What a **** manager!

Nasris hot girlfriend wasn't happy

Clichey too left out, obvious they want a bit of harmony in the squad this time round. Nasri's missus has gone nuts on twitter supposedly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Im not a fan of Nasri, hes too hit and miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Wouldn't be surprised much if Van Gaal had United challenging for the title.

Is the youth cup final on the box tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Lvg would get more time than he who shouldnnot be named simply because hes a proven winner of many titles..

keane2097 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised much if Van Gaal had United challenging for the title.

Course not, no European distractions, the pain of this season to drive them on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Is the youth cup final on the box tomorrow?

Think you mean the U21 league playoff final, which is on sky tomorrow.

The FA youth cup was won by chelsea,

lordgoat wrote: »
    Think you mean the U21 league playoff final, which is on sky tomorrow.

The FA youth cup was won by chelsea,

Yeah, that's the one. Cheers.

11 hours of work is not good for the brain :(

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    There really is no need, I think we can all just move on now. He didnt intentionally fail, he is still a good manager, he seems like a very decent human being. No need to be petty about the situation now it has been dealt with

feck sake. I thought you would know my jokes by now

I thought we were soul mates Kry

Tevez left out by Argentina..that's a bit of a shocking one too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nasri girlfriend doing a Lisa Carrick only 10 times worse I see.

Nasri girlfriend doing a Lisa Carrick only 10 times worse I see.
    Leave the poor girl alone - she's a great girl :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I see De Gea made it into the Spain World Cup squad. Presume as understudy to Casillas.
    Is Lopez from Real Madrid dropped or injured?

Also Adnan made it into the Belgium squad, interesting to see if he gets any game time in Brazil.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement