Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,647 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Giggs should stay on playing for another year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Januzaj on the right will solve some problems next season. I can't see Valencia leaving since he can play right back.

Youngs must be worried about next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Hococop wrote: »
    Watching highlights on ss1 januzaj looked to have an unbelievable game

He was good all right. Doesn't get enough appreciation imo. Lot's of people got carried away with his first few games and there has been a major over correction since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Jan did look better in his more natural position, but I do question the quality he was up against

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Pro. F wrote: »
    He was good all right. Doesn't get enough appreciation imo. Lot's of people got carried away with his first few games and there has been a major over correction since.

Yeah great to see him keep in good form, Steve Bruce gave him great praise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

RVP's scarfie uppies

ibi5fxq8mMKBfU.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Hes in good company.
    The MUFC Academy ‏@mrmujac 7m
    The last time a junior made his league debut scoring twice…he went to a pretty good career…Wilson is following good company! #bobbycharlton

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

irishfeen wrote: »
    Fellani has no luck at all ... Mr Wilson my boy take a bow.

Some rise from a lad that was playing in the z team against Waterford Utd last time I saw him. Think he scored that night too? Anyone confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No pressure then!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

kryogen wrote: »
    Jan did look better in his more natural position, but I do question the quality he was up against

Quicker ball from midfield at times with Kagawa as well as United looking for him on the break when he would have more space helped bring best from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

It's easy to forget Januzaj is only 10 months older than James Wilson. I can't wait for him to mature further and I honestly think he will be a huge talent for us.

Seeing Giggs giving his farewell speech there really drives home the massive changes happening at the club.

With LVG at the helm I can see the club ushering in a new era over the coming years. The money is there, the right manager(for now) is being hired IMO, and with the right additions to the 1st team I'm expecting us to be showing huge improvement next season.

After a disaster of a season there is some light appearing at the end of our tunnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

In relation to Wilson I hope to god he doesnt become the new Macheda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

How did Tom Laurence play?

phil neville18 ‏@fizzer18 1m
    "@gavyred: @fizzer18 way past your bedtime mate :-)" Yes ur right I'm off now busy day tomorrow!!

tumblr_inline_mksnpjfyU71qz4rgp.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

dahat wrote: »
    How did Tom Laurence play?

He was very good overall, very positive, Wilson will take the headlines but there were two very good debuts out there tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

With regards Evra and Rio and why they didn't play tonight or what their status is in general, Samuel Luckhurst reports that Evra had a bug and Giggs arranged for next weekend to be Rio's last game with his kids as mascots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

TheTownie wrote: »
    RVP's scarfie uppies

ibi5fxq8mMKBfU.gif

Highlight of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

tumblr_inline_mksnpjfyU71qz4rgp.gif

don't get your hopes up
    no leaks today = no announcement tomorrow

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    don't get your hopes up
    no leaks today = no announcement tomorrow

Well Ducker did say within 24/48 hours so...I'll remain hopeful.

Another gif...

He is so entertaining.

851776535.gif?1399411772

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Van Gaal is infectious

And just the type of manager to make all at the top of the league go "oh fùck" if he's appointed, well for the first 3 seasons anyway before he goes out in a blaze of glory :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sorry what?
    Signed for Villa for like 9mill never played, it was a joke :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

cFOBvln.jpg

This is Wilsons Mum and Dad filmng the goal on tv after he scored. Apparently the father was shouting "thats my boy" throughout the match.

COJs2Z4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I'm so choked up. :(

The big thing I hate about the Moyes reign is that so many legends of the club went out on a low. Its the one unforgivable thing imo. One bad season can be rectified with the right man at the helm but Giggs, Vida, Rio (Even Evra) were some of our best players ever and all deserved to end their careers on a high. Confident that the right manager would have at least brought the team to the wire this season. Ending their careers hoping for 6th place is just a disappointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Hope to god that's Giggs' last game at Old Trafford. No amount of emotion can erase the last 6 years of frustration watching him play in meaningful games. Giving the ball away 90% of the time.

It's been amazing but please let this be it.

I said the other day i want Adnan starting next year and I won't change that stance no matter how many bad games he has because much like a young Ronaldo I think he will be our star player in about 3 years. Tonight was just great.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Hope to god that's Giggs' last game at Old Trafford. No amount of emotion can erase the last 6 years of frustration watching him play in meaningful games. Giving the ball away 90% of the time.

It's been amazing but please let this be it.

I said the other day i want Adnan starting next year and I won't change that stance no matter how many bad games he has because much like a young Ronaldo I think he will be our star player in about 3 years. Tonight was just great.

Giggs has not been anywhere near as bad as yer making out here. Giggs, as a matter of fact, is one of the better at retaining possession on the team. Hence why two different managers (One of them, the greatest ever) Often deployed him in exactly such a role. Its scapegoating akin to Clevz, Carrick or Welbz at times. I'd say the only player who gets torrents of abuse that is warrented currently is Fell, who frankly, has had a torrid season altogether.

Also. 6 Years of Giggs being crap in which he played in (Almost scored in too) A CL final that we won, made it into two team of the years. Won PFA Player of the year, and countless trophies with the team.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Giggs has not been anywhere near as bad as yer making out here. Giggs, as a matter of fact, is one of the better at retaining possession on the team. Hence why two different managers (One of them, the greatest ever) Often deployed him in exactly such a role. Its scapegoating akin to Clevz, Carrick or Welbz at times. I'd say the only player who gets torrents of abuse that is warrented currently is Fell, who frankly, has had a torrid season altogether.

Also. 6 Years of Giggs being crap in which he played in (Almost scored in too) A CL final that we won, made it into two team of the years. Won PFA Player of the year, and countless trophies with the team.

Yeah whatever.

Have no interest in convincing you of my opinion. Cannot wait to have him retire and I can have fond memories of the good times instead of audible sighs when I see him beside Carrick in midfield.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Yeah whatever.

Have no interest in convincing you of my opinion. Cannot wait to have him retire and I can have fond memories of the good times instead of audible sighs when I see him beside Carrick in midfield.

Why bother posting something if you can't be arsed to discuss it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    FS Felleni...like a big sack of spuds

I didn't see the match but for the gif...I don't know what Buttner is giving out about to be honest. Or what Fellaini is guilty of..

dfx- wrote: »
    I didn't see the match but for the gif...I don't know what Buttner is giving out about to be honest. Or what Fellaini is guilty of..

Had a woeful game, was sauntering back onside when buttner shot and made no effort to get out of the way i think. Blocked Buttners goalbound drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

This needs to made into a gif and reproduced everytime there's a United goal i he does become manager. From about 20secs in.

This needs to made into a gif and reproduced everytime there's a United goal i he does become manager. From about 20secs in.

I'm on it.

There we go..

smt.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Sacramento wrote: »
    There we go..

smt.gif

Please god we see that alot next season

lordgoat wrote: »
    Why bother posting something if you can't be arsed to discuss it?

Cause some things don't need to be discussed. Nothing will change his opinion on this subject and nothing will change mine on this subject. To each their own.

Our opinions differ wildly therefore best left alone. I'll only discuss subjects I haven't formed a full definitive opinion on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Any LVG news expected today lads??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

irishfeen wrote: »
    Any LVG news expected today lads??

I had expected it yesterday (as it is what I had heard) but felt today makes more sense.

Would like to see it announced today, so that we can get a move on with other work. I think LVG is nailed on so the time between now and announcing it just seems wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lads LvG is working with the Dutch national team today in Holland
    Its not going to be announced today..

And the longer this goes on the less likely i think it is that he's going to be appointed. And the reason i say this is that we've heard ad nauseum for the last 10 days that 24/48 hours an announcement will be made and we're all still waiting. We were led to belive he'd be at the game last night but he wasn't, so unless there's been some massive cloak and dagger meetings (and if there has been glad to hear we're getting these leaks in order) going on LvG now needs to concentrate on Holland and the World cup which is less than a month away and won't have time to dedicate too Uinted (unless he intends on bring in half a dozen dutch players who he'll tao up during the world cup)

• Advertisement

It'll be announced when it's announced. Not sure why people are stressing over it. I wish they took a bit longer on the Moyes appointment, may have made them come to their senses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Last nights result with the kids, LVG announced as manager and city win with a jammy last minute penalty (after giving pool fans a slight bit of hope) and it would cap off a great little week after all the misery of the whole season.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Carlsberg dont do making your senior debut at 18 but if they did....

always good to see a young player doing well.

Wilson reminds me of a young Micheal Owen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

kryogen wrote: »
    Worse then Torres to Chelsea?
    Worse then Carroll to Liverpool?

I doubt it

if he continues as he is (which is clearly what i said by the way), then yes the deal, all things considered will eclipse those. we needed a big signing midfielder and he was signed as a panic deal, for obscene money.

Carroll was a terrible signing but i think all things considered Fellainis first season has been worse than his.

Torres again a very poor signing, but Chelsea have had a seemingly bottomless pit of money over the years and £50million was nothing to them. as poor as he has been, he did score 33 goals in two seasons where they won 3 trophies, including some really important goals in the latter stages of two european competitions.

but watch how he is being treated by the old trafford crowd, its something ive never seen before...he is a laughing stock, people mockingly jeer him when he completes a pass, go crazy when he is taken off, shout abuse at him for the majority of the game.

We all hope he comes good its in our best interest that he does of course but we at least need to be realistic at how bad the deal he has been so far which is what we are talking about.

Considering Danny Welbeck is rumoured to want to leave due to game time, is it really possible Wilson will be able to have a career at United?

Sure this Summer alone we are linked with Cavani and Muller. How can a young forward ever really break into the United team? Does he have to do what Welbeck did? Go to a Premier League club on loan and do well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

brinty wrote: »
    Lads LvG is working with the Dutch national team today in Holland
    Its not going to be announced today..

I'm just wondering will they wait until after the last game of the season and the interim manager period has ended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

but watch how he is being treated by the old trafford crowd, its something ive never seen before...he is a laughing stock, people mockingly jeer him when he completes a pass, go crazy when he is taken off, shout abuse at him for the majority of the game.

That type of moronic crap from parts of the crowd doesn't help matters. He should be getting support in a bid to improve his confidence to help him get back on track to the level he was at for many years at Everton and kick on from there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Considering Danny Welbeck is rumoured to want to leave due to game time, is it really possible Wilson will be able to have a career at United?

There's a difference between an 18 year old debutant and a 23 year old entering his prime.

Wilson shouldn't be thinking about being in the first team at his age yet, though could easily see a chance to earn a spot on the bench/places in cup games. He has years to get experience though and mature.

Welbeck, however, should be looking to play every game. He could probably get a move to another PL side in the top half of the table and be their main striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

if he continues as he is (which is clearly what i said by the way), then yes the deal, all things considered will eclipse those. we needed a big signing midfielder and he was signed as a panic deal, for obscene money.

Carroll was a terrible signing but i think all things considered Fellainis first season has been worse than his.

Torres again a very poor signing, but Chelsea have had a seemingly bottomless pit of money over the years and £50million was nothing to them. as poor as he has been, he did score 33 goals in two seasons where they won 3 trophies, including some really important goals in the latter stages of two european competitions.

We all hope he comes good its in our best interest that he does of course but we at least need to be realistic at how bad the deal he has been so far which is what we are talking about.

Every man and his dog could see Fellaini wasn't Utd standard yet the clamour for him to be signed in here was ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Blatter wrote: »
    That type of moronic crap from parts of the crowd doesn't help matters. He should be getting support in a bid to improve his confidence to help him get back on track to the level he was at for many years at Everton and kick on from there.

yep, its certainly not helping and those people are morons. the way he has been treated in the last few months by our fans is shocking.

its hard not to feel sorry for him.
    Every man and his dog could see Fellaini wasn't Utd standard yet the clamour for him to be signed in here was ridiculous.

in all fairness, he fairly destroyed us 3 or 4 times before he signed for us, especially in that 4-4 game, which cost us the title and that is as good a "trial" or endorsement as you can get. i was a huge fan of his and have no problem admitting around 2012 i was one who said we should go for him.

he can come good and have a positive influence for us, but at the moment it does not look good. a decent world cup, a holiday and a solid preseason could help to regain his confidence though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement