Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Tevez left out by Argentina..that's a bit of a shocking one too..

Not really. I dont think he even played the qualifiers and he's a bad influence on the team. A bad apple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Nasri girlfriend doing a Lisa Carrick only 10 times worse I see.

Yep. She's entered meltdown level 9. Wonderful stuff.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I see De Gea made it into the Spain World Cup squad. Presume as understudy to Casillas.
    Is Lopez from Real Madrid dropped or injured?

Also Adnan made it into the Belgium squad, interesting to see if he gets any game time in Brazil.

Please tell me he made it over Reina?

Please?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Look people will go mad for posting it but fcuk em - the season is over and we need something to see - Well done Anara :)

BmzuHQyIIAAjHe3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

So besides not knowing the United manager for next season, we still have no idea who the captian might be.

I wonder would LVG give it to his mate RVP, or just give it to Rooney.
    No other candidates really, can't see him giving it to a new signing.

Please tell me he made it over Reina?

Please?!!!

sorry, Reina is in the squad too

Lopez is missing

From BBC
    "Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes is missing the World Cup because of a serious knee injury and uncapped De Gea has been preferred to Real Madrid's first-choice goalkeeper Diego Lopez."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

De Gea
    Rafael Jones ?? Shaw
    ?? Mata ??
    ?? RVP ??

That's as much of a certain starting 11 I can make presuming we get Shaw. 5 mysteries in there, the centre back, the midfielders in the 3 and the two wide players flanking RVP.

Big question is where would Rooney go if it is a 433, back out on one of the wings or even moulded into a CM.

I think Van Gaal will love both Mata and Kagawa and rotate them.

sorry, Reina is in the squad too

Lopez is missing

Hope DDG sits on the baldy head of his.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

So besides not knowing the United manager for next season, we still have no idea who the captian might be.

I wonder would LVG give it to his mate RVP, or just give it to Rooney.
    No other candidates really, can't see him giving it to a new signing.

I'd say he'd give it to RVP. Isn't he Dutch captain?

Chagan wrote: »
    I'd say he'd give it to RVP. Isn't he Dutch captain?

Yep, he is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Apparently Giggs holding talks with Van Gaal on Wednesday about his future, with LVG to be announced as manager on Thursday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10829021/Ryan-Giggs-set-to-be-offered-coaching-role-in-Louis-van-Gaals-new-Manchester-United-set-up.html

• Nasri girlfriend doing a Lisa Carrick only 10 times worse I see.
    ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Some of you may enjoy reading this
    "Why Stevie G is most self-obsessed footballer of his generation"

http://www.sundayworld.com/sport/opinion/roy-curtis/why-stevie-g-is-most-self-obsessed-footballer-of-his-generation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

De Gea
    Rafael Jones ?? Shaw
    ?? Mata ??
    ?? RVP ??

That's as much of a certain starting 11 I can make presuming we get Shaw. 5 mysteries in there, the centre back, the midfielders in the 3 and the two wide players flanking RVP.

Big question is where would Rooney go if it is a 433, back out on one of the wings or even moulded into a CM.

A tactically disciplined Rooney could do very well for van Gaal. I wouldn't expect much in terms of additions out wide but as I have said van Gaal really likes a left footed CB (Mangala) and he would probably want two midfielders to play in his system although I have a feeling he'd use Cleverley a lot and obviously we need a left back as well.

I'd like to see us get Coleman but you have to feel that Rafael will get another chance at right back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

De Gea
    Rafael Jones ?? Shaw
    ?? Mata ??
    ?? RVP ??

Fitting players in: Mata and Welbeck or Nani either side of RVP

Rooney and kagawa in midfield with a new No 6 brought in.

I imagine a few dutch players will arrive to fill out the squad especially midfield.

It will happen when it happens.

No need to panic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

glued wrote: »
    A tactically disciplined Rooney could do very well for van Gaal. I wouldn't expect much in terms of additions out wide but as I have said van Gaal really likes a left footed CB (Mangala) and he would probably want two midfielders to play in his system although I have a feeling he'd use Cleverley a lot and obviously we need a left back as well.

I'd like to see us get Coleman but you have to feel that Rafael will get another chance at right back.

I seriously hope not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I wonder what Portugal are thinking bringing Nani to the World Cup. Couldn't cut it for a faltering United team and has never shown that he is anything other than an inconsistent Ronaldo rip off.

It will happen when it happens.

No need to panic.

You're obviously a student of the David Moyes school of football transfers

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ???

Go to humour thread lad. Last post

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Liam O wrote: »
    I wonder what Portugal are thinking bringing Nani to the World Cup. Couldn't cut it for a faltering United team and has never shown that he is anything other than an inconsistent Ronaldo rip off.

Whatchu talkin bout Willis

(in before Headshot)

You're obviously a student of the David Moyes school of football transfers

Just think its going happen soon but because it's still not dusted some wil read into it thinking something might be up.

Nani playing in Brazil will put him the shop window, could be a bargaining tool to bring others in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I think you're being harsh. He's played well for Portugal. He's played every game for them too. He's also done well for us when he was given game time. He's played something like 500~ minutes in the league this year. He's never really been given a consistent run.

In before headshot

Is this the new thing now??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Whatchu talkin bout Willis

(in before Headshot)

You have to stop stealing my lines. I have them trade marked lol
    In before headshot

Is this the knew thing now??

Yes, yes it is

glued wrote: »
    I think you're being harsh. He's played well for Portugal. He's played every game for them too. He's also done well for us when he was given game time. He's played something like 500~ minutes in the league this year. He's never really been given a consistent run.

Nah, terrible player inconsistent in the extreme. I mean in his best season for United he only got like 9 goals and 18 assists in the league. Really inconsistent numbers.

I hope Nani sticks around next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

he has 72 caps for them, he is a regular starter and was always going to be picked.

not sure why you even doubt his inclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Nah, terrible player inconsistent in the extreme. I mean in his best season for United he only got like 9 goals and 18 assists in the league. Really inconsistent numbers.

broken_record.gif

2 good seasons in 7, really consistent alright.

Sorry, 2 and a half good seasons in 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Quick someone change the subject before another Nani arguement happens. The word inconsistent sets of a chain reaction of stats which goes no where and changes no ones opinion. The cycle continues.

So are we gonna see a 433 next season?

Will the midfield 3 consist of a DM behind Mata and Rooney?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

scudzilla wrote: »
    If he played exciting football and we could actually see what he was trying to do then yes, 100%.

With Moyes nobody had any idea what he was up to and the football was just dull and tepid

This x 1,000

With Moyes there was absolutely no indication of what he was trying to achieve. At least (for example) Liverpool fans could see what Brendan Rodgers was trying to do with the team during their modest 2012/2013 season.

Headshot wrote: »
    We should ban the name Moyes for any utd thread. He would be like Voldemort of utd thread. Moyes will be he who must not be named
    No need to ban his name here or anywhere - he gave everything to the United job, that's all you can ask from the man... he wasn't up to the task but 99% of all other managers in world football wouldn't either.

What he got was a poison chalice - replacing the most successful manager in the history of the game and an ageing team where parts have been neglected for transfer window after transfer window.

Tbh he seems like a very honest, decent man who should be thanked for trying his best for the club - it wasn't his fault he was given the job.

the team during their modest 2012/2013 season.

I am going to like you Larry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

How many have we at the World Cup? Or potentially at it? 10-11? Sums up how bad we were last season. Not many teams have that many going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Keane having a few digs at Woodward, Jones and Rio, Smalling I guess too.

Roy Keane has launched a withering attack on Manchester United, saying that the club's vice-chairman, Ed Woodward, "needs to look at himself" over the failure to secure quality signings last summer and that players such as Phil Jones must toughen up.

While the former United captain believes that Louis van Gaal would be a good appointment, he said that David Moyes deserved more time. Keane insisted that Moyes, who was sacked after 10 months in charge, should not be held accountable for the way that United missed out on a number of their main targets last summer and that Woodward has to get deals done if there is to be improvement next season.

"He [Moyes] had one transfer window, and it's not always down to the manager when players don't come in," said Keane, who was speaking at ITV's World Cup launch. "I think Ed Woodward needs to look at himself. He's got to get deals done. I think he should have been given more time. I was happy with David Moyes. I think Van Gaal is a good choice. Only time will tell. He's managed big clubs."

Keane believes that Jones and Chris Smalling have both gone backwards over the past year. "They've had a platform for the last couple of years," he said. "We were told two or three years ago Jones was going to be the new Duncan Edwards, Smalling was this … I've watched United live nine, 10 times this year and they have been none of those things. If anything I think they have gone backwards. I've actually been a big fan of them – yes, give them a chance, you say you have to give players a chance to mature but also you've got players who you say we've given you a chance and you're not taking it.

"They need to do a lot better if they want to cement their place at Man United and United to win trophies. Jones needs to toughen up. Every time I see him he is getting carried off. He's got to toughen up – he's playing for Man United. They have to recruit in the summer – they might get two.

"It's the spine of the team. United have come up short defensively and in the middle of the park they have not done enough. You watch any of the teams that are winning trophies, Jesus I'm stating the obvious, you've got to have a strong spine, goalkeeper, defender, midfielder and striker and United have been short in two of those areas. It makes it very difficult to win trophies."

Keane was not surprised that Rio Ferdinand will leave United this summer or bothered that the defender was not given a chance to say goodbye to the Old Trafford crowd.

"That might have suited him," he said. "Not everybody wants to wander around the pitch waving and crying. It's not about walking on the pitch – I don't know where you're going with this one. He didn't have a chance to say goodbye? You can say goodbye on Twitter, can't you?"

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/13/roy-keane-scathing-attack-manchester-united?CMP=twt_gu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Antibac wrote: »
    How many have we at the World Cup? Or potentially at it? 10-11? Sums up how bad we were last season. Not many teams have that many going

Depends who we buy. ;)

RichFTW wrote: »

2 good seasons in 7, really consistent alright.

Sorry, 2 and a half good seasons in 7.

That's what I'm saying, with all his consecutive appearances and significant runs in the team he should be scoring and setting up 20 goals in each of those 7 seasons. The fact he hasn't just shows he's a poor man's Ronaldo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

irishfeen wrote: »
    Leave the poor girl alone - she's a great girl :D

And so says Jermaine Pennant, Darren Bent, Kieran Richardson and Freddie Ljunberg!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

GSPfan wrote: »
    Quick someone change the subject before another Nani arguement happens. The word inconsistent sets of a chain reaction of stats which goes no where and changes no ones opinion. The cycle continues.

So are we gonna see a 433 next season?

Will the midfield 3 consist of a DM behind Mata and Rooney?

Exactly! It's like trench warfare with Nani grenades being thrown everywhere! I'm not going to change my mind on him unless someone has some secret information I don't have and the pro Nani side aren't going to change either.

Excited to see some new football & tactics at United next year. Watching United over the past few years, especially in CL group stages, has been hard on the eyes sometimes. Will be watching Holland closely to see what we have in store.

• Advertisement

Keane seemingly becoming more and more bitter towards United as time goes by :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Look people will go mad for posting it but fcuk em - the season is over and we need something to see - Well done Anara :)

go mad????

that post deserves to be thanked by every man woman and lesbian thats ever posted on this forum.

as the saying goes, "doesnt Anara have a lovely bottom".

f*ck me.

Keane not a fan of Janes Maclean then

go mad????

that post deserves to be thanked by every man woman and lesbian thats ever posted on this forum.

as the saying goes, "doesnt Anara have a lovely bottom".

f*ck me.
    Of course - they all have lovely bottoms... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

He will get slated cos it's him but I agree with pretty much everything Keane said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

This x 1,000

With Moyes there was absolutely no indication of what he was trying to achieve. At least (for example) Liverpool fans could see what Brendan Rodgers was trying to do with the team during their modest 2012/2013 season.

Actually, no, you could see that what he was trying to do wasnt going to work, and you could see that he saw that too which is why he changed his tactics. That is quite admirable in a manager, instead of hearing "If you change what you're doing its like admitting you weren't doing the right thing in the first place, we just keep doing the right things, hopefully we will improve, we will try"

Thank **** I wont be hearing that kind of uninspired ****e anymore anyway

Fenix wrote: »
    He will get slated cos it's him but I agree with pretty much everything Keane said.
    Doesn't have a good word to say about the club in years though - its always negative and seemingly bitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Keane spot on with everything there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Antibac wrote: »

14 according to wiki atm. Same as Bayern, so joint most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Doesn't have a good word to say about the club in years though - its always negative and seemingly bitter.

There has been a fair bit to be negative about all the same, I'd say he would get the credit if / when it's due.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement