Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

titan18 wrote: »
    14 according to wiki atm. Same as Bayern, so joint most.

Shaw might just push us ahead!If/When he signs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

More rumoured kit designs for next season

Bni_u1dIgAA43WM.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

irishfeen wrote: »
    Keane seemingly becoming more and more bitter towards United as time goes by :(

What did he say that was outrageously biased there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Bni_u1dIgAA43WM.jpg
    Red and Black shirts are actually nice enough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Bni_u1dIgAA43WM.jpg

never been one to get excited or even buy a jersey but that black one looks class (as did another one that went around about 6 weeks ago).

hopefully one of them is legit, ive had a real soft spot for the black ones since the original and best of them all - the sharp viewcam black jersey of 1993.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    What did he say that was outrageously biased there?
    I meant in general over the past few years- - rarely if ever praises and gives credit to the club that made him what he his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

titan18 wrote: »
    14 according to wiki atm. Same as Bayern, so joint most.

Challenge accepted

De gea
    Jones
    Smalling
    Evra
    Fellaini
    Adnan
    Welbeck
    Rooney
    RVP
    Little Pea
    Nani
    Mata
    Kagawa

I'm missing one?!
    Hardly Buttner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Red and Black shirts are actually nice enough...

I actually prefer the black and green/yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Keane seemingly becoming more and more bitter towards United as time goes by :(

He's not bitter, he's just right.

I actually prefer the black and green/yellow.
    Na the green/yellow one wouldn't be my cup of tea at all - we're Man Utd not Norwich ;)

• Advertisement

Challenge accepted

De gea
    Jones
    Smalling
    Evra
    Fellaini
    Adnan
    Welbeck
    Rooney
    RVP
    Little Pea
    Nani
    Mata
    Kagawa

I'm missing one?!
    Hardly Buttner?

Valencia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Challenge accepted

De gea
    Jones
    Smalling
    Evra
    Fellaini
    Adnan
    Welbeck
    Rooney
    RVP
    Little Pea
    Nani
    Mata
    Kagawa

I'm missing one?!
    Hardly Buttner?

valencia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Challenge accepted

De gea
    Jones
    Smalling
    Evra
    Fellaini
    Adnan
    Welbeck
    Rooney
    RVP
    Little Pea
    Nani
    Mata
    Kagawa

I'm missing one?!
    Hardly Buttner?

Lindegard?
    Edit: obviously not - Valencia?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Friend showed me the possible jerseys for this season, I must say they look good, if true

Edit: beat to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Keane on Rio
    He didn't have a chance to say goodbye? You can say goodbye on Twitter, can't you?"

Haha. Good man Roy.

I meant in general over the past few years- - rarely if ever praises and gives credit to the club that made him what he his.

Edit: To clarify, you made your comment after that article, clearly referring to that also, which is why I asked what is biased there, I see nothing there that you could add as evidence of his increasing bitterness toward United, what has he said that isnt fair enough imo. Just cause its Keane doesnt mean its bitter. Everything he says gets blown out of proportion anyway

The club didn't make Keane what he was tbh, he gave his all for the club and he got great success out of it. It was a fair trade. Keane made himself who he was and who he is today.

He has been bitter toward Fergie, and Fergie toward him. That has eased off since Fergie is gone, he is now attending games and stuff a lot more, he says himself he fell out of love with the club in the aftermath of his departure but that has faded now Fergie is no longer there

He has praised United, he has been more optimistic about their chances in a lot of games this season then I was and the majority of supporters were I remember, he feels the players should have done more this season. I think we all do

He can be blunt, but he is spot on with what he says an awful lot of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Lads, the guy who designed those jerseys has his name on it at the side, definitely won't be them.

Na the green/yellow one wouldn't be my cup of tea at all - we're Man Utd not Norwich ;)

But we were Newton Heath which is where the green/yellow comes from. Seem to get one every so often

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Fenix wrote: »
    He will get slated cos it's him but I agree with pretty much everything Keane said.

Keane's delivery can be a little OTT (a la Dunphy) but he talks a lot of sense. Every United fan I know has lamented the lack of expenditure on midfield over recent years. That's probably an indictment of Fergie up until his retirement and of Woodward last summer (on the basis that Moyes did appear to be looking for quality midfielders).

The stuff about Jones and Smalling regressing makes sense but some of that has to be attributed to the way they're shoehorned into such a variety of positions without ever getting the chance to perfect one (a condition known as "John O'Shea-itis").

However, his comments about Phil Jones needing to toughen up are laughable. What's he supposed to do...have titanium implants fitted a la Robocop? More sensible advice would be to stop being reckless and hurling his body into car crash situations where injury is virtually guaranteed. I'd suggest he's almost brave to a fault and just needs to curb his enthuasiasm a little. I'd like to see him slotted in at centre half alongside an experienced quality signing and played there consistently though.

todays Van Gaal interview gives the impression that he wants the job, but he has not been offered it yet. he looked pissed off, but at the same time looked like he really didnt know what was going to happen.

also seems another club wants him now......this is getting messy.

• Advertisement

newtonheath.jpg
    image-4-for-manchester-united-shirts-through-the-years-gallery-997489016.jpg
    n_manchester_united_legends-3165758.jpg
    becks_1003989a.jpg

Challenge accepted

De gea
    Jones
    Smalling
    Evra
    Fellaini
    Adnan
    Welbeck
    Rooney
    RVP
    Little Pea
    Nani
    Mata
    Kagawa

I'm missing one?!
    Hardly Buttner?

Shaw would obviously take us past Bayern (with Valencia as others have pointed out)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Keane spot on with what he says there, no fear of Roy sitting on the fence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Paddy_R wrote: »
    newtonheath.jpg
    becks_1003989a.jpg

I take it it was a joke?

ya norwich got some alright results against the top 6 last season :pac:

I ****ing hate that chevy logo why isnt it a just an outline?

todays Van Gaal interview gives the impression that he wants the job, but he has not been offered it yet. he looked pissed off, but at the same time looked like he really didnt know what was going to happen.

Take a deep breath and calm yourself. He has nominated tomorrow as a day off for the national team and on Thursday Woodward reportedly has to meet and chat with investors. Highly likely things will move forward.
    It's all a process.

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    I take it it was a joke?

Hopefully, but said I'd go with it. Nice pictures. :D

he could be just getting pissed off about getting asked every 5 mins when he still has a big job to do

i would be tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Keane is a rubbish football analyst and a mediocre manager. When he focuses on being objective he can raise his game to the point of logical discussion, but he more often prefers to act out his hard-man, contrarian fantasies.

He thinks Smalling and Jones have been given a chance but he neglects to mention that they have been chopped and changed around positions constantly in a defence that is as stable as a unicycle. That is no way to develop young centre-backs and the fact that he doesn't understand that shows why he is a mediocre manager.

He says that the defence came up short this year, when actually United were the fifth stingiest defence in the league, conceding 43 goals. Last season they won the league with the sixth stingiest defence, again conceding 43 goals.

Keane says that Woodward is to blame for signings not being made. Keane, like the rest of us, can't know for certain what the problem with transfers was, but he'll try to act like he is certain that it was somebody still at the club because that suits his agenda.

Keane doesn't get why Rio would want to get on the pitch during the last home game of his United career and wave to the crowd a bit. Of course he doesn't understand, he's a borderline sociopath. His blind drive to win at all costs and accept no excuses made him a great player, but it makes his opinions on other human beings worthless - good for a laugh and nothing else.

• Advertisement

• What channel was he on tonight lads and why?
    Raging I missed his ranting by the sounds of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Big interview with Vidic in the Telegraph. Says the the players couldn't adapt to Moyes tactics and doesn't deny the Jagielka story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

“The best answer I can say is that he [Moyes] tried really hard, he was professional."

I see what you did there Vida

NTMK wrote: »
    I ****ing hate that chevy logo why isnt it a just an outline?

This.

I really, really, really, really hope that the Chevy logo is just going to be a nice, plane white outline.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Just looked this up on wikipedia, and Nani has played only 34 matches in the last 2 seasons, while Valencia played 84.
    Slightly infuriating stat that, especially cos the majority of Nani's were probably sub appearances too. ( I know injuries have played a role there too)

I really hope Nani is given one more season to show his worth, in terms of footballing ability he is on a different level to Valencia and Young, but sadly it seems he is the most likely of the 3 to leave.

He is an inconsistent player, but I have always supported him by saying it is impossible to be consistent when you aren't being played consistently

Just looked this up on wikipedia, and Nani has played only 34 matches in the last 2 seasons, while Valencia played 84.
    Slightly infuriating stat that, especially cos the majority of Nani's were probably sub appearances too. ( I know injuries have played a role there too)

I really hope Nani is given one more season to show his worth, in terms of footballing ability he is on a different level to Valencia and Young, but sadly it seems he is the most likely of the 3 to leave.

He is an inconsistent player, but I have always supported him by saying it is impossible to be consistent when you aren't being played consistently

I'm undecided re Nani but letting him go for £5m when he's tied down contractually would be insane.

Given his obvious talent and his age, he deserves a chance under the new manager.

It might sound mad to say it, but I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see Nani win Player of the Year at some point in the future. If a guy with his raw materials buys into Van Gaal's philosophies, he could achieve great things.

Of course his career could just peter out, but the £5m thing makes no sense to me.

• Advertisement

Big interview with Vidic in the Telegraph. Says the the players couldn't adapt to Moyes tactics and doesn't deny the Jagielka story.
    The question among the supporters, however, is whether Vidic would have remained at the club had he known the Moyes era would be cut short before the summer.
    “It is not an easy question to answer,” Vidic says...

Interesting interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

If a guy with his raw materials buys into Van Gaal's philosophies, he could achieve great things.

If a guy with his raw materials was actually allowed ten games in a row we might get some goals and assists from a winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

The End.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Reading that Vidic interview, it seems a shame the way things have ended. I reckon under different circumstances he would have hung around a while longer. I think even in a reduced capacity he would have been a great man to have around

I see what you did there Vida

a few things stand out, but this is one thing that struck me...
    “I think now it is a happier place because change is coming again and everything is going to be new.

• Advertisement

Vidic comes across very well in that interview. He sounds very mature and intelligent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Clean slate

Looks like he wasn't happy with a lot of the players as well

Clean slate

Looks like he wasn't happy with a lot of the players as well

there were stories around that he was isolated from the squad for a good part of the season, but not sure if they were ever confirmed.

Because this season is over, the failures and the fights of this season are over and a fresh start is coming again.

Is there anyone that doesn't feel the players could have done more on the pitch?

It doesnt mean they were solely to blame either, just a question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

He comes across very well in that

Is there anyone that doesn't feel the players could have done more on the pitch?

I've felt Evra was guilty of jogging back when he should have been bursting a lung to cover the left side for us multiple times per game this season. I wouldn't be surprised if half the goals we conceded this season came from down our left side.
    Even when he scored against Bayern he was one of the main reason we lost that game.

Sacramento wrote: »
    I've felt Evra was guilty of jogging back when he should have been bursting a lung to cover the left side for us multiple times per game this season. I wouldn't be surprised if half the goals we conceded this season came from down our left side.
    Even when he scored against Bayern he was one of the main reason we lost that game.

Oh big time! Jesus hero to villain in less then a minutes there!! Tearing my hair out, hadnt even finished saying, "you know what, he may be a shadow of his former self, he may be a liability most of the time but I ****ing love that maaaaa.................................oh for **** sake Evra!!!!!" :mad::mad::mad:

Paddy_R wrote: »
    newtonheath.jpg
    becks_1003989a.jpg
    Ha ha I meant not being Norwich and getting relegated next season.

I think that we can't really know if the players could have given more on the pitch because we can't know if they were over trained physically and/or if the tactical and skills training, leadership and strategy from Moyes was poor enough to explain the performances.

I strongly suspect that the overwhelming majority of the players gave their all, but we can never prove anything definitively.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement