Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Paddy_R wrote: »
    BBC have said that Giggs is meeting van Gaal today in the Netherlands. BBC are as solid as a rock.

LVG will impress on Giggs that they sing from the same hymn sheet, or else. He would not want the latter to get ideas of his own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

about as reliable as any hack on t-internet....

no point getting excited lads

Its probably de boer to Spurs!!

seems like a bit of a troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Paddy_R wrote: »
    BBC have said that Giggs is meeting van Gaal today in the Netherlands. BBC are as solid as a rock.

This frustrates me. Why is Giggs even involved in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

stankratz wrote: »
    Lads, what is Rob Beasley's reputation as a journo? He is shopping a big announcement re Manchester United for tonight around 10pm, apparently "big managerial news"...

https://twitter.com/1RobBeasley

Could happen, United announce their earnings report for the previous quarter before markets opens tomorrow, it is normal for a lot of companies to package other news with the earnings report.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Headshot wrote: »

Hmmm.... let me think.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

So pictures of Giggs in Holland, deal should be close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

xtal191 wrote: »

He's probably just over there to smash a few brass down the red light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Where?

(the pictures, i mean. Not where in Holland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Where?

(the pictures, i mean. Not where in Holland?

BnmzXwkIAAAJW1L.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I'm sure he's dribbling his way round the red light district of Amsterdam ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Maybe Van Gaal wants to work with him and wants him at the meeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Maybe Van Gaal wants to work with him and wants him at the meeting.

From my understanding LVG wants Kluivert. Its like Giggs is forced on LVG tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Why?

Don't get why you are vehemently against the old guard being involved.

If Van Gaal didn't want Giggs then believe me he either wouldnt be involved or Van Gaal would tell United to do one.

Edit: Re: Kluivert - he has said he isn't leaving his position and neither is Danny Blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

@RobDawsonMEN
    Only matter of time before United confirm Van Gaal. Club clearly keen for Giggs to be involved. Giggs keen on bigger role than under Moyes.

gJBBOKh.png

I'm genuinely excited again :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

And your understanding is based on what?

It's my understanding that Kluivert doesn't want to be involved.

Ooh look, see what I did there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

glued wrote: »
    @RobDawsonMEN
    Only matter of time before United confirm Van Gaal. Club clearly keen for Giggs to be involved. Giggs keen on bigger role than under Moyes.

And this could be the reason the whole deal is being held up. This doesn't sit well with me at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'd say if Kluivert wanted in, LVG would make it happen. I think Kluivert will be the next Dutch manager?
    LVG generally takes a link with him when he takes a new role. I'd imagine he's like to meet Giggs and see how they gel before rubber stamping it. The fact it took this long for me means he wasn't letting anyone interfere with the Dutch preparation and did this on his day off. I hope everything will be resolved tonight/tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

I wouldn't be surprised if Giggs announces he's leaving the club, Van Gaal is not known for liking appointments being pushed on him. Of course that's based on the assumption that Giggs is being pushed on him. Could be the other way around, Van Gaal wants him but Giggs wants to know in what capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I could see Giggs staying on as a coach and maybe manager of the reserves maybe. If Van Gaal is the man and he wants Kluivert as the assistant then I don't see it happening any other way. Giggs may simply decide to leave for now to get managerial experience, it may be the best thing for him.

As for Giggs involvement in any managerial appointment I'd imagine it's partly he wants to have some involvement with the team, and also he's the current manager so may be best place to talk to a future manager about the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Giggs will not work with LVG if LVG doesn't want him. It's that simple. If Giggs is offered a role, it will be because LVG decided and thats it. Might be alongside Kluivert, might be a lesser role, but whatever it is it will be on LVG's terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Pretty sure Van Gaal said he wouldn't be taking Kluivert if he does take the job

Also LVG is not a man to have anything forced on him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

lordgoat wrote: »
    I'd say if Kluivert wanted in, LVG would make it happen. I think Kluivert will be the next Dutch manager?
    LVG generally takes a link with him when he takes a new role. I'd imagine he's like to meet Giggs and see how they gel before rubber stamping it. The fact it took this long for me means he wasn't letting anyone interfere with the Dutch preparation and did this on his day off. I hope everything will be resolved tonight/tomorrow.

Hiddink Is already confirmed to be taking over isn't he not? I'd say Kluivert will stay as his No.2 or else venture into Management himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

stankratz wrote: »
    A good point was made in this thread that perhaps they want to get rid of some players before LVG is officially announced, that way he won't be blamed for cutting the likes of Rio, Evra and whoever else. If that is the case, it would be a rare stroke of genius from the higher-ups.

Just the opposite surely? What better way for a new manager to announce his "take no shit" presence than to immediately get rid of some senior players, and in Rio and Evra he had the perfect scapegoats. Seems like it would be in Van Gaals interests to be the one doing the booting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Just the opposite surely? What better way for a new manager to announce his "take no shit" presence than to immediately get rid of some senior players, and in Rio and Evra he had the perfect scapegoats. Seems like it would be in Van Gaals interests to be the one doing the booting.

I think the players would be aware that he was the one that got rid of the seniors, therefore, and most importantly, he would be utterly ruthless in their eyes. But in the eyes of the fans he might not have been the one to have sacked some of their favourite players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

It has gone this far that I don't think Giggs is in strong power position. If Van Gaal does not want Giggs, Giggs goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Between 8-9.30 in the morning for the announcement now might now seem like a good bet ... looking forward to official confirmation and all that will entail :)

• irishfeen wrote: »
    Between 8-9.30 in the morning for the announcement now might now seem like a good bet ... looking forward to official confirmation and all that will entail :)
    Lady Gaga is 1001 / 1; still holding out for that :pac:

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lady Gaga is 1001 / 1; still holding out for that :pac:
    Oh we all have a few pound put down on herself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Announced after the last home game
    Announced after the last game
    Announced at 10 tonight
    Announced at 8:30 tomorrow

Lads, can we stop posting times he'll be announced and just wait for it to be announced :pac:

Announced after the last home game
    Announced after the last game
    Announced at 10 tonight
    Announced at 8:30 tomorrow

Lads, can we stop posting times he'll be announced and just wait for it to be announced :pac:
    No I said between 8-9.30 ... get it right Team - get the fcuking thing right :)*definitely not restless/anxious waiting for LGV*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

So if Bayern win the cup they'll keep Pep and he'll sell us Kroos... Bayern uber alles!!

Did anyone else think Giggs was very serious the other night at the awards ceremony, especially when he was receiving his lifetime achievement award or whatever it was called.

He didn't seem very happy.

I don't want anyone imposed on the new manager, we need to get it right this time and let the new manager do what he wants with the people he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Also apparently a plane flew over the aviva with a banner slagging off Livepool :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Also apparently a plane flew over the aviva with a banner slagging off Livepool :pac:

What do Man United fans and Liverpool fans have in common?
    An intense fascination with Liverpool FC.

gJBBOKh.png

Aviva do personal injury insurance in case you slip and you end up suffering from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

its just flown over my house in the last 60 seconds....

its just flown over my house in the last 60 seconds....

a-plane-flies-over-the-aviva-stadium-630x355.jpg

• Advertisement

I'd prefer obsession than pity I heard under the Hodgson era tbh! It's funny enough tbh

The plane thing is mental. Be interesting if it's a tit for tat thing next season! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

And the other way around.

All of their fans under 25-28 years old have never got to experience what it was like for their team to lift the league trophy?

Oh wait, you said 'in common', not 'difference', my bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

It was a Paddy Power stunt I think.

glued wrote: »
    a-plane-flies-over-the-aviva-stadium-630x355.jpg

same banner as Sunday....

It was a Paddy Power stunt I think.

Jaysus, anything for publicity!

Is there a PP logo? Don't see it in the pic

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Jaysus, anything for publicity!

Is there a PP logo? Don't see it in the pic

dont think so, all i saw was the white plane and the banner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The whole obsession thing is funny, especially when the person comes into the opposition super thread with the accusation.

It would like going to the Gards and accusing someone of being a stalker. The evidence you have is that you spotted them looking at your Facebook profile while you were monitoring them through their window with binoculars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Friend of mine works for them saying it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Don't think anyone has done the boards.ie "Who is feeling your love test" for this thread have they? Tradition and all so here is mine (again) not too much different to the last iirc, Blatter you seem to have moved down in the pecking order a bit and Gav has moved up, he is my favorite Chelsea fan/mod though so its understandable :)

o7IEnzK.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement