Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

bangkok wrote: »
    why would it be much higher than 30m?? 30m is a huge amount for a player unproven in the premier league...

30 million euro, which is about 24 million pounds sterling. That for one of the most highly regarded midfielders in the game today would be a steal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

TheTownie wrote: »
    De Telegraaf saying Frans Hoek will be the goalkeeper coach and Max Reckers the video analyst.

I hope he joins just for the name alone.

Fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Fergie still pulling strings then,hope he backs off when LVG is installed!

Needs to be careful there too. Barca went over his head years ago and signed Riquelme, who he immediately decided "wasn't his player", didnt use and ended up getting rid of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

He's just undergone surgery on his knee, so that could reduce the fee considerably.

it was meniscus surgery it only takes a few weeks to recover fully (less time than a hamstring) it wont harm his fee in the slightest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Just loading up teletext page 220 to check if there is any news on Luke Shaw

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Gazzetta dello Sport yesterday claimed it would be €40 million for Vidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Just loading up teletext page 220 to check if there is any news on Luke Shaw

Man I miss those days...

Sportsmediaset is ****e anyway, unless it's coming from DiMarzio in Italy I'd take it with a truckload of salt. Pure speculation based on a photo of Fergie and Conte at the match imo, no different than how he was apparently sorting the Kroos deal the other week just because he was sat by someone that remotely resembled his agent.

No doubt the usuals will be on decrying the club as pathetic for lowballing the imaginary offer soon enough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

why would it be much higher than 30m?? 30m is a huge amount for a player unproven in the premier league...

Is this for serious? About Arturo Vidal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

vidal is nearly 27, just had knee surgery never played in the premier league.....

aquilani was a big move from roma 20m and was awful

veron 28m from Lazio was also awful...

I wouldn't be saying many players are "world class" from Italian football until I seen them in a stronger league.

even kaka excelled in Italy but never really cut in at real madrid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

NTMK wrote: »
    it was meniscus surgery it only takes a few weeks to recover fully (less time than a hamstring) it wont harm his fee in the slightest

My bad. Thought he was out for a couple of months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭bren2001

vidal is nearly 27, just had knee surgery never played in the premier league.....

aquilani was a big move from roma 20m and was awful

veron 28m from Lazio was also awful...

I wouldn't be saying many players are "world class" from Italian football until I seen them in a stronger league.

even kaka excelled in Italy but never really cut in at real madrid

You're right. Reus at CM would be a safer option. Should go all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Ye hardly think ye're getting him & Shaw lads? Chelsea are after both too apparently, I couldn't see ye getting both ahead of them just in terms of fees paid and the whole no Europe debacle.

If ye were to get one i'd say Chelsea would go all out for the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Juve lads I know pretty much said that 30-35 million offer would be considered by Juve if its true.

even Juve lads I know on twitter seem to think it has legs.

I guess time will tell.

bren2001 wrote: »
    You're right. Reus at CM would be a safer option. Should go all out.

yea good answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is this for serious? About Arturo Vidal?
    Vidal is the kind of player that you sell a kidney for. There is no chance that he signs for United though.

Juve lads I know pretty much said that 30-35 million offer would be considered by Juve if its true.

even Juve lads I know on twitter seem to think it has legs.

I guess time will tell.

know people in turin and they said they wouldn't expect any more than 35m for him. talk of pogba maybe 40-45 but that mainly due to age difference and potential. I don't know what people expect like he is not a Ronaldo or a bale or suarez and go for 50m plus.

know people in turin and they said they wouldn't expect any more than 35m for him. talk of pogba maybe 40-45 but that mainly due to age difference and potential. I don't know what people expect like he is not a Ronaldo or a bale or suarez and go for 50m plus.

ya I know 3 Juve fans well one my best mates Italian fan livibg in Dublin. he was telling me that if Juve got 35 million be fair chance Juve will consider.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Ye hardly think ye're getting him & Shaw lads? Chelsea are after both too apparently, I couldn't see ye getting both ahead of them just in terms of fees paid and the whole no Europe debacle.

If ye were to get one i'd say Chelsea would go all out for the other.

Don't think Shaw will be going to Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He's phenomenal, I wouldn't care what was paid for him if it meant him bossing the premier league in a United shirt next season

Fantasy signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

know people in turin and they said they wouldn't expect any more than 35m for him.

Are these the same people that told you that Conte and Fergie were trying to sort out a transfer for an out of contract Evra last night?

No other reasons for Kaka failing at Real then no? The knee injuries that plagued him had nothing whatsover to do with it?

Comparing Vidal to Aquilani? Christ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Pro. F wrote: »
    It wasn't big money, but neither was it small money. People are holding him up as an example of a player bought cheap. I don't think £1.2m was cheap at that time.

I disagree. It was cheap relatively speaking and it certainly wasn't "very big money".

30M euro is around 25M pounds.. Less than Shaw or Lallana... Arturo Vidal...

We paid something similar for Rooney when he was 18,ten year ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That's two midfielders we are assuming will recover from serious enough injuries and be able to not only capture their previous form, but in a new team and league, hmmm

More I'm reading about Van Gaal more I'm excited to see United play a 4-3-3, fo realz

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Blatter wrote: »
    Woodword says he expects United's wage bill to increase by ~15% by next year due to incoming transfers.

That would be an increase of around £30m. Considering Vidic and Ferdinand are gone, Giggs and Evra are likely to leave along with a few other players - that's making an allowance for a lot of big money earners to join the club.

It might have something to do with Rooneys contract which doesn't kick in til the summer, and Mata's also not mentioning Fellani

Don't have a clue how reliable this italian media outlet is but they're claiming that SAF offered Conte €30-32m for Vidal last night.

Surely his fee would be much higher than that!

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calcio/calcio/2014/articoli/1034883/ferguson-a-torino-ha-chiesto-vidal.shtml

I would say the starting price would be around £35 million with Barca having shown an interest if today's rumours are to believed.

I do think he will move this summer but.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you know nobody from Turin.

Could you imagine if Moyes was still in charge. A) the players he would spunk the transfer kitty on & B) doing a presser openly discussing that we're interested in Vidal & making a tool of himself

*shudders*

bmcc10 wrote: »
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you know nobody from Turin.

haha best reply ever....just because you know nobody from Italy you presume that I know nobody from Turin!!!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    We paid something similar for Rooney when he was 18,ten year ago!

What's your point...?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Keep in mind it was Gazzetta dello Sport which reported the news that Vidal could be leaving and that Pogba would be moving nowhere.

That is a good source, United need midfielders, Vidal is an obvious choice if available, United were also linked with Vidal in the January transfer window, but then it was he would not be moving.

This move has a real possibility, whether to United or elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Could you imagine if Moyes was still in charge. A) the players he would spunk the transfer kitty on & B) doing a presser openly discussing that we're interested in Vidal & making a tool of himself

*shudders*

I dunno, that Mata chap doesn't look half bad

Are these the same people that told you that Conte and Fergie were trying to sort out a transfer for an out of contract Evra last night?

No other reasons for Kaka failing at Real then no? The knee injuries that plagued him had nothing whatsover to do with it?

Comparing Vidal to Aquilani? Christ!

well seeing as united have the right to offer evra a contract and therefore demand a transfer fee from Juventus they might have come to some agreement..

and you could have compared Veron to Vidal.... Veron at the time was probably in top 3 midfielders in European football

*shudders*

I'm pretty sure moyes had a policy of not discussing potential targets.

has the interest for that CM chap from Portugal cooled off or what lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

MediaSet is owned by AC Milan owners

william carvalho?? no all the ground work has been done just with the new manager still not finalised and his transfer targets maybe different from last manager it is on hold but talk in Portugal now say Liverpool are ready to bid 30m for him

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Carvalho..........has supposedly cooled cos he was one of Moyes' targets......

Werent we strongly linked with a bid for Vidal in January, but juve wouldnt do business mid-season..........would be a dream signing for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Except for when he openly discussed Fabregas?

spiralism wrote: »
    Except for when he openly discussed Fabregas?

Did he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Reckon we have switched targets from Carvalho to Strootman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Van Gaal is going to be some laugh when he finally arrives, the media are going to be afraid of him as will the refs.

i sense/hope that the air of fear we have had under Fergie will return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Van Gaal is going to be some laugh when he finally arrives, the media are going to be afraid of him as will the refs.

i sense/hope that the air of fear we have had under Fergie will return.

He is a very good coach, but the Problem with VG is that he has fallen out with key players wherever he went. His authoritarian style is not for everyone, and often crumble as soon as the results are not as expected.

Fun fact is that he requires authority even in his private life. His grown up daughters (35 & 37) still have to call him "Sir". :D

Fabregas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Fabregas?

He acknowledged an official bid had been made

His standard line was, "Manchester United are always interested in the very best players"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Agueroooo wrote: »
    It might have something to do with Rooneys contract which doesn't kick in til the summer, and Mata's also not mentioning Fellani

As I understand it, those deals have been included in todays meeting and the forescasted increase doesn't include them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

*shudders*
    And there I was thinking the idiots had gone back into their shells for the time being....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And there I was thinking the idiots had gone back into their shells for the time being....

Keep it friendly please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

*shudders*

Be careful.... We haven't signed anybody yet.

Yeah because what I said wasn't a valid point? The £27m on Fellaini was a big business mistake & the public talking of bids for a player who had no interest in joining was also silly, in my opinion. If you think that's me being an idiot then fine but I wouldn't agree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

As I understand it, those deals have been included in todays meeting and the forescasted increase doesn't include them.

it includes wage increases Januzaj and Nani would have got last summer/during the season - and the signings (and wages) of Mata and Fellaini. Rooney's deal was for the same base wage so doesn't account for any increase in wages.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement