Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Haven't been online since Wednesday night in here. What have I missed can anyone sum up last 2 days in here please

Pretty much this.
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Reading the reference to the class of 92 took me back. Do you remember how exciting it was to see Utd play fast free flowing football. Fearless stuff. The sense of pride in the club having brought through these great young players was immense. Certainly haven't felt that good about being a Utd supporter since.

It's not all about signing big name players for huge fees. That's great but a little empty. If VG can even bring back 25% if that feeling of pride and excitement we felt watching Butt, Beckham, Svholes and the Nev's perform at the highest level he'll have done some job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

you missed absolutely f*ck all! we had fantasy line ups, non existent news on Van Gaal, usual weekly discussion about Woodward and Park retiring as well as the usual links to the same 5 or 6 players (Shaw/Hummels/Kroos/Muller/Reus)

nothing has happened of note.

Cheers homer. I'm starting too worry what all the delays with the new manager is tho. Get LVG done like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Cheers homer. I'm starting too worry what all the delays with the new manager is tho. Get LVG done like!

LvG announcement on Sunday or Monday according to my sauces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

LvG announcement on Sunday or Monday according to my sauces.

Sauces? Ha ha

LVG is set too be announced 4 times a day everyday for the last week it's mental!! So I'm sorry now but I'll have too be scepticale about every "source"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

im more worried about getting players signed up than the van gaal dance thats currently going on tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

NTMK wrote: »
    im more worried about getting players signed up than the van gaal dance thats currently going on tbh

Same here. As far as Im concerned, Van Gaal is essentially the manager at this stage. He has expressed the desire to manage the club and all signs point to it being made official soon enough. We need to remember he still has commitments to Holland, so there are things there that have to be worked around and so on. For me, players are the main concern.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sure, officially, the season isn't even over in England (FA cup), Spain (the league) and Germany (Cup), so getting worried this quick is pointless....

Sauces? Ha ha

LVG is set too be announced 4 times a day everyday for the last week it's mental!! So I'm sorry now but I'll have too be scepticale about every "source"

Joking, clearly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Sure, officially, the season isn't even over in England (FA cup), Spain (the league) and Germany (Cup), so getting worried this quick is pointless....

im not freaking the **** out or anything but im not particularly fussed when van gaal is anounced as long as we get some deals sorted by the time the WC kicks off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

NTMK wrote: »
    im not freaking the **** out or anything but im not particularly fussed when van gaal is anounced as long as we get some deals sorted by the time the WC kicks off

relax...there will be 2 deals done before world cup kicks off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote: »
    relax...there will be 2 deals done before world cup kicks off...

Bang i refer to earlier
    Sources
    Accept a wager

or

GTFO

Who's the second after Kroos

Are you sure you're not one of these media hacks???

brinty wrote: »
    Bang i refer to earlier
    Sources
    Accept a wager

or

GTFO

Who's the second after Kroos

Are you sure you're not one of these media hacks???

well every man and his dog knows Luke Shaw will sign, kroos will also sign. Carvalho is all but done he just needs to sign a contract but that deal is up to new manager but all the groundwork is done.

well every man and his dog knows Luke Shaw will sign, kroos will also sign. Carvalho is all but done he just needs to sign a contract but that deal is up to new manager but all the groundwork is done.

Until when they are signed sealed delivered and have played for the club are they signed..

Anything else is pure conjecture and newspaper talk.

By your logic Garay, Hummels, Muller, Robben, Cavani, Reus (have ye gone off him as a CM:confused::eek:) are all signed too....

Wager - If you're so confident those 2 players you claim will be signed aren't signed before the world cup I think you should vacate your boards account

brinty wrote: »
    Until when they are signed sealed delivered and have played for the club are they signed..

Anything else is pure conjecture and newspaper talk.

By your logic Garay, Hummels, Muller, Robben, Cavani, Reus (have ye gone off him as a CM:confused::eek:) are all signed too....

Wager - If you're so confident those 2 players you claim will be signed aren't signed before the world cup I think you should vacate your boards account

as of this moment those 2 players are ready to sign but united are waiting to announce the van gaal deal first, then role out the red carpet for van Gaals first signings... send a big message across England and Europe that united are back after the disaster of last season. No last min fellaini type deals. up to van gaal then if he wants to sign off on the carvalho deal. they will look to conclude then another 2 deals over the course of the summer before the season starts.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

as of this moment those 2 players are ready to sign but united are waiting to announce the van gaal deal first, then role out the red carpet for van Gaals first signings... send a big message across England and Europe that united are back after the disaster of last season. No last min fellaini type deals. up to van gaal then if he wants to sign off on the carvalho deal. they will look to conclude then another 2 deals over the course of the summer before the season starts.....

Go home Bangkok, you're drunk! :)

bullvine wrote: »
    Go home Bangkok, you're drunk! :)

Love it bullvine

bangkok is speaking pure bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the way i see it, i cannot and dont expect players to leave clubs like bayern and come to us without CL football, UNLESS the money we offer them is obscene.

and even at that, our chances of getting these players are still slim.

Shaw and Carvalho are more likely as their clubs are of lesser stature than ours and perhaps would burst their bollix to play for us.

Lads, Messi has agreed a new contract. Guess that's him out of our summer plans :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

From Van Gaal's comment on SSN just there, it sounds like the hold up is at Utd's end. Need Giggs to feck off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

He even types like those dodgy Asian based fake Agent accounts :(

From Van Gaal's comment on SSN just there, it sounds like the hold up is at Utd's end. Need Giggs to feck off?

what he say?

i think its pretty clear and has been for a while that the hold up is on our side...i am sure, with the WC approaching both him and the dutch fa want this sorted asap, it cannot be good for them having the media fest. its a distraction that he doesnt need.

i wonder what this hold up actually is? i hope to god they are not f*cking him about waiting for another manager to possibly become available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

I gave a few reasons earlier in the week as to why a delay might have happened. At this point though, I cannot see much logic in it. It's becoming a circus.

There's definitely a spanner in the works somewhere... I wouldn't be surprised if it's Fergie and Giggs...

what he say?

i think its pretty clear and has been for a while that the hold up is on our side...i am sure, with the WC approaching both him and the dutch fa want this sorted asap, it cannot be good for them having the media fest. its a distraction that he doesnt need.

i wonder what this hold up actually is? i hope to god they are not f*cking him about waiting for another manager to possibly become available.
    He was asked about the job and he gave a curt answer saying you have to talk to Utd about it. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

He was asked about the job and he gave a curt answer saying you have to talk to Utd about it. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

That was a few days ago though wasn't it?

That was a few days ago though wasn't it?
    SSN just played a clip there with a live reporter. It might have been a repeat clip, but it seemed like they were portraying it as a fresh quote.

Mutv are showing the Holland Vs Ecuador game live..... Weird one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

RVP vs Tony V.

they are really showing our new manager and captain RVP

• Advertisement

The media circus will run either way; if he was confirmed for the job, the questions would change to "who are you buying", "What'll you do with players who step out of line", and "Can you balance the responsibilities of the WC and the League Transfer window".

At least this way, he can give the brief "Ask United" and that's the end of the questioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Really I cant see it advertised, unless it hasnt been updated:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tomorrow, tallaght my good man

Its all over Twitter, maybe only just been confirmed.

Took a look at total spending since the PL was set up for the top 6 spending clubs....Arsenal figures are shocking if your a fan of theirs.

united rank 4th in terms of total spent (Chelsea, City, Liverpool)
    United rank 4th in terms of total income (Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool)
    United rank 3rd in terms of net spend (Chelsea, City)

=========Spend===========Income============Net Totals

Arsenal
    £435,965,000.00----£373,174,000.00
    £62,791,000.00
    Man Utd----£613,850,000.00----£318,740,000.00
    £295,110,000.00
    Man City----£806,380,000.00----£234,953,000.00
    £571,427,000.00
    Liverpool----£650,305,000.00----£362,470,000.00
    £287,835,000.00
    Chelsea
    £951,099,000.00----£305,075,000.00
    £646,024,000.00
    Spurs
    £577,250,000.00----£419,517,500.00
    £157,732,500.00

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

TheDoc wrote: »
    He even types like those dodgy Asian based fake Agent accounts :(

I've some positive news for all #MUFC fans at 1715. You don't want to miss this one. #megadeal #Bayern #worldclass

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FutureGuy wrote: »

I've some positive news for all #MUFC fans at 1715. You don't want to miss this one. #megadeal #Bayern #worldclass

We are not signing Toni Kroos. #MUFC #neverwrong #itk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Headshot wrote: »
    Tomorrow, tallaght my good man

I checked online for tomorrow before I posted :p ah I'm sure its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I checked online for tomorrow before I posted :p ah I'm sure its true.

Here's a great site for sports scheduling

http://liveonsat.com/n2day.php?start_dd=17&start_mm=05&start_yyyy=2014&end_dd=17&end_mm=05&end_yyyy=2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Pep's being fairly disrespectful towards Kroos there, at Bayern your status in the team reflects your pay grade and yet Kroos is way behind a lot of them, when he shouldn't be.

Gotze gets more, Lewandowski will get more, Kroos has been important for them over the past few seasons but gets paid the same as the squad players afaik.

As I said before I can't see Bayern letting his contract run down, so it's either move or sign a new deal this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Can't believe Kroos was called overrated today. I remember 4 years ago I was going mad about him going into the WC and nobody had a clue who he was, I was in Germany with a bunch of Irish people too so it's not like they wouldn't have been exposed to him. Then 2 years ago I was similar with a bunch of people who'd know a lot more about football than the original group and people still knew very little about him. It only seems to have dawned on people just how good he is this season after the Arsenal games. From when he was 18-19 he was absolutely top class but still would be less known than Gotse, Muller, Khedira and so many others around the world who he has achieved much more than. It must play on his mind a bit that he gets shunned for these guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

the logical explanation here is that Fellaini was actually not the main intended target but only a back up option.

when all our other targets failed, we then turned to Fellaini as we had nobody else and there was an element of face saving going on to sign him.

it makes zero sense that we waited 2 months to sign him and then ended up over paying - if we really really wanted him, he'd have been signed before we left for preseason.

I agree he was second or third choice but was it not already mentioned that the whole paying more than the but out clause was good business. The buy out clause was 24.5 million (about) and they paid 27. Paying the clause was 24.5 in one go whereas the 27 million over 3/5 years was more favourable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Strong rumours that Van Persie is to be made captain. Surely he is one of the least deserving?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

FutureGuy wrote: »
    We are not signing Toni Kroos. #MUFC #neverwrong #itk
    Keep that flag flying high lad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

CSF wrote: »
    Strong rumours that Van Persie is to be made captain. Surely he is one of the least deserving?

It's not really about who deserves it, it's about who LVG thinks would be his best captain.

Seeing as he's his captain for the Dutch national team and there are no obvious choices in the Utd squad, I fully expect it to be given to van Persie.

CSF wrote: »

we dont really have anybody apart from him and Rooney tho.

at this point in time we have about 7 guaranteed starters next year, them 2 plus Mata, DDG, Rafael, Evans and perhaps Adnan. when you look for potential captains, its actually depressing just how poor our first 11 has become now and how much lacking in leadership we are.

If we did sign hummels how would ye feel abou him as captain or would ye be against a new player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

If we did sign hummels how would ye feel abou him as captain or would ye be against a new player

You would think a new signing would need a season to settle in before being captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

we dont really have anybody apart from him and Rooney tho.

at this point in time we have about 7 guaranteed starters next year, them 2 plus Mata, DDG, Rafael, Evans and perhaps Adnan. when you look for potential captains, its actually depressing just how poor our first 11 has become now and how much lacking in leadership we are.

I don't think Evans is a guaranteed starter next season, nor andan?

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    I don't think Evans is a guaranteed starter next season, nor andan?

evans is now first choice center back and we will sign another one, Jones and Smalling certainly are not ahead of him in the pecking order anyway.

adnan has young and valencia for competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

v3ttel wrote: »
    Casemiro, too.

I love that you mentioned my hero

<3 Casemiro

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement