Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

zerks wrote: »
    Ha ha,

I was on baby watch as my missus was nearly due,planned on going out & not drinking.............ended up drunk as a Lord falling in the door at 4.30am.
    Young lad wasn't born until a fortnight later.His first United kit is framed and hanging on his wall.

Those are 2 weeks you will never forget.

Hopefully LVG can bring some glory nights back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

No stand out performances so far, Hummels has looked solid when tested. Lots of wasted possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Tata Martino stepping down at Barca so they are too in the hunt for a new manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

James Ducker @DuckerTheTimes
    Follow
    Haven't seen Valencia playing like this for #mufc in a long while. Is it the Ecuador effect, the Van Gaal effect or the no red shirt effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Some Hangover next morning.

I literally sat at my desk did no office work as my boss was away.

My voice was gone too. Ended up in Whelans on Camden Street. Watched it in temple bar lost friends met other friends and just got smashed.

I am almost certain I gave the taxi driver a nice tip even though I can't remember getting home or hearing my alarm go off for 40 minutes before I eventually got up.

I would do it all again.

didnt get back to the apartment in moscow until 6am and that was without going anywhere after the game...we didnt give a f*ck though, would have stayed in the stadium for hours if they let us.

the celebration when Terry missed and then the VDS will live with me for the rest of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

zerks wrote: »

That is an excellent goal in fairness to him(and the pass).

Under Van Gaal, If RVP keeps fit next season and is supplied quality ball, I'd say he will absolutely clean up.

Looking forward to next season already. If we get the transfer business done properly we have every reason to be expecting a comfortable return to champions league football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Some Hangover next morning.

I literally sat at my desk did no office work as my boss was away.

My voice was gone too. Ended up in Whelans on Camden Street. Watched it in temple bar lost friends met other friends and just got smashed.

I am almost certain I gave the taxi driver a nice tip even though I can't remember getting home or hearing my alarm go off for 40 minutes before I eventually got up.

I would do it all again.
    No worries of this happening again next season. Plenty of extra office work to be done in the free tuesday nd wednesday nights :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

irishfeen wrote: »
    Tata Martino stepping down at Barca so they are too in the hunt for a new manager.

Luis Enrique will be the new manager by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Claims on twitter that Woodward is in Berlin at the German cup final, with claims he will personally meet Reus after it. I put question marks over that.
    The €50 million bid for Vidal as already mentioned.
    Claims there are United reps were at Wembley, Van Gaal said to be interested in Sagna.
    Kroos is wanted and to be signed before the world cup if possible.
    Robben will be sought if other signings cannot be got.
    Hernandez to remain at United is another rumour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

RobertKK wrote: »
    Claims on twitter that Woodward is in Berlin at the German cup final, with claims he will personally meet Reus after it. I put question marks over that.
    Claims there are United reps were at Wembley, Van Gaal said to be interested in Sagna.
    That's the problem Rob my dear man - any actually credible sources saying it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Just reading Mandana? Marseille GK may have broke his neck in tonight's game..

Pic:

That looks nasty, hope it's not as bad being talked about. Concussion or something I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Did you really need to put the picture up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Shaw seems to have gone very quiet.

Any deal done for any World Cup player would have to be done in the next two weeks. Otherwise it'll have wait I'd imagine. I think we're in from a long summer.

• Advertisement

fitze69 wrote: »
    Did you really need to put the picture up ?

apologies :o

Edited.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

glued wrote: »

The press have had other stories to take up paper space without needing to make up "minor problems in negotiations" while predicting he'll sign today, tomorrow, 9:00 next Wednesday...

Transfer window hasn't opened yet so no need to get worried yet

Any deal done for any World Cup player would have to be done in the next two weeks. Otherwise it'll have wait I'd imagine. I think we're in from a long summer.

Before next weekend we'll be sorted for LB for next 10+ years, can take this to the bank :p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

user2011 wrote: »
    apologies :o

Edited.

Cheers , looked horrific, hope it's not as serious as it looked

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Was wondering about Sagna for a while. Can't see why he'd go to City. Other than £££ obvs. Never going to get past Zabaletta. I think he'd have a very good chance of getting in our first team. Raf is still raw and injury prone so could be a good call.

• Advertisement

United target Robben just won the German Cup for Pep then...

irishfeen wrote: »
    That's the problem Rob my dear man - any actually credible sources saying it??

Yes that is the problem.

I don't know how credible so claims is the best I can use. Tutto mercado for vidal. The rest....
    I have to stick with claims :p

United target Robben just won the German Cup for Pep then...

Shocking attempt of a save...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

At least we can sign Kroos now

fitze69 wrote: »
    Cheers , looked horrific, hope it's not as serious as it looked

Yeah very silly of me!

Yeah I'm of the same thinking as you hope to f**k it's not as serious as what is being talked about.

At least we can sign Kroos now
    FutureGuy do your thing lad if your around ;)

And other United target Muller finished Dortmund off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Can someone PM me the pic of Mandanda? A google search isn't showing anything.

Can someone PM me the pic of Mandanda? A google search isn't showing anything.

Throw his name into Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Called it months ago. Agreements with shaw, kroos, vidal.
    Proabably sign debuchy, osman and huddleston though. :)

In all seriousness, I think there will be serious moves over the next three windows to address the problems that have dogged us.
    Hopefully VG can make the all important change though. Positive attitude. Good football. Never say die stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

In all seriousness, I think there will be serious moves over the next three windows to address the problems that have dogged us.
    Hopefully VG can make the all important change though. Positive attitude. Good football. Never say die stuff.

Link?

If you are right about that we shall henceforth christen you King Red of the house Barontheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Robin van Persie on 5-3-2: 'I believe in the new system. It provides a lot of opportunities.'

The 5-3-2 to make an appearance for us next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Time for a fantasy 5-3-2 then?

Dave
    Smalling Hummels Jones
    Rafael Kroos Vidal Shaw
    Mata
    RVP Rooney

Shadowcomplex is aroused

Exciting football!!!

I look forward too. :)

Still have a bit of man crush on Simone, his players would die for him. They looked dead in the water in the first half and what ever he said to them at half time it held through out the second half and got their just rewards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

dahat wrote: »
    Time for a fantasy 5-3-2 then?

is it not actually a 3-5-2 though?

never heard of it described as that before and considering we only actually have 3 centerbacks at the moment who are exceptionally injury proned, i cant see it ever working at United.

If you are right about that we shall henceforth christen you King Red of the house Barontheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm.

You shall be a loyal subject. Busty wenches will be offered to you for your loyalty. They will have devils tattooed upon heaving breasts. Do with them as you please, young knight of the muppet order. I welcome thee

thelad95 wrote: »
    Link?

Look back through my posts. And laugh young sir

• Advertisement

With our current players
    DDG
    Jones Smalling Evans
    Rafael
    Buttner
    Cleverley Carrick
    Mata
    Januzaj
    RVP

will.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

With our current players
    DDG
    Jones Smalling Evans
    Rafael
    Buttner
    Cleverley Carrick
    Mata
    Januzaj
    RVP

will.gif

But when ye sign Kroos, Reus, Vidal, Hummels and Shaw it should work out better for ye

redzerdrog wrote: »
    But when ye sign Kroos, Reus, Vidal, Hummels and Shaw it should work out better for ye

Compare that to Lallana.. we'll be good redzer thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

is it not actually a 3-5-2 though?

never heard of it described as that before and considering we only actually have 3 centerbacks at the moment who are exceptionally injury proned, i cant see it ever working at United.

A 5-3-2 would be without wing backs, and ultra defensive. A 3-5-2 can be very fluid if you have two good wing-backs.

In a lot of systems, the 3rd CB is effectively a link between defence and midfield and helps orchestrate moves forward, not far removed from how Carrick can play for us at his best, where he'd operate in a defensive role but at the head of the 3 CBs behind the midfielders.

Biggest deficiency though can be the gap between midfield and attack, and that would definitely not work with our current group

Yeah they should all slip comfortably into our first 11 alright

You forgot Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

You forgot Ronaldo.

wouldn't suit the 3-5-2 system though so ye mightn't bother signing him

wouldn't suit the 3-5-2 system though so ye mightn't bother signing him

Oh I dunno. Playing with Tom Cleverley is not an opportunity that can't be turned down.

Owen Hargreaves says he believes the only sticking point over the move of Toni kroos to United is the transfer fee.

Owen Hargreaves says he believes the only sticking point over the move of Toni kroos to United is the transfer fee.

He said the other day that he doesn't know what's going on but he'd advise Kroos not to leave....

He's a bit sour!

Kanye-west-laugh.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement