Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

glued wrote: »
    He said the other day that he doesn't know what's going on but he'd advise Kroos not to leave....

He's a bit sour!

Yeah he said Kroos would be more suited to Arsenal, Barcelona or Real Madrid. He said he only moved to United because he wanted a new challenge, and for Kroos it would be the money but that he has also been at Bayern for a long time.

I don't know how he thinks that Kroos would be better elsewhere, his passing ability is supreme, the best at Bayern last season, 92% for the season.

He would set up a lot of goals with his long pass accuracy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

When everyone is running with a story, you get the most attention by going in the other direction. Fowler with LVG and Hargreaves with Kroos know this, and are getting the attention they wouldn't if they simply agreed and said it was a good fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

why do people listen to Hargreaves? he's an insanely bitter man that procedded to blame united for his injury troubles and claimed city had rehabilitated him, he played a total of 4 games for city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Shame it went that way for Hargreaves, he could at least have been remembered fondly for his contributions in 07-08 if he had not spouted such ****e after he left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

kryogen wrote: »
    Shame it went that way for Hargreaves, he could at least have been remembered fondly for his contributions in 07-08 if he had not spouted such ****e after he left

My lasting memory of him will be what he has said off the pitch then what he has done on it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

He was super in 08 CL final. Fine Peno too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

He was super in 08 CL final. Fine Peno too.

Just going to say exactly this..

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Just going to say exactly this..

That Free Kick against Arsenal that season was huge goal. He was very good that season.

Seeing him in flesh his positioning sense was super.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Cracking free kick that season v Arsenal too if I remember right?

I was always a fan of his tbh. We would have been a lot stronger with a fit and on form Hargreaves and that's for sure...

But I have to agree that his comments after he left were bang out of order. I'm a bit "meh" about him now...

• Advertisement

It is that type of stuff I wish I thought of when he came to mind

That Free Kick against Arsenal that season was huge goal. He was very good that season.

Seeing him in flesh his positioning sense was super.

That's how I would like to remember him by but his mouth is not letting this happen imo. But of the football he has played this would be the stand out for me.

The Arsenal free kick

The first time I saw him was at OT against Boro in a 4-1 win. Nani got a cracker.

His positioning and awareness was super. Always there to receive a pass but in the right position to find space or make a run.

Pity about injuries could have done with him in 2009.

Super free kick, and Ando dancing and waving at Lehmann to put him off made it a truly memorable moment :)

kryogen wrote: »
    Super free kick, and Ando dancing and waving at Lehmann to put him off made it a truly memorable moment :)

Lehmann's little hissy fit immediately after being rooted to his little hate-filled spot is soooooo sweet in that clip...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Lehmann was a complete nutter

Only watched the 07/08 season review the other day.

Always thought Cole/Yorke where the best combo but Rooney/Ronaldo/Tevez interchanging f**king hell amazing stuff from them and only for Portsmouth it was nearly sure to be another treble on the records for us, f**king c**ts :p seriously blessed they were that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Al Capwned wrote: »
    The Arsenal free kick

It always depresses me to see this the quality of talent we had during that season, I know we have won the pl a number of times after that season but you knew when we had that team we struck fear into our opponents not now where opponents thought they had a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Happy Sunday, this makes me happy, All of Erics 82 goals for us :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reading on the United sub-reddit that Ogden and Ducker have both flown over to Amsterdam despite not reporting on the Holland vs Equador game. They are joined by other reporters who had nothing to do with it either. This, coupled with the fact the Dutch team have today and tomorrow off as a rest day, has people pondering if today could be the day.

The Dutch Goalkeeping coach has also apparently informed the Dutch FA he's off with LvG whenever he goes.

A lot of outlets reporting we've swiped Sagna from City. On a free, he'd be a good alternative to Rafael imo.

Antoine Griezmann has said he wants to play for a "big European side", putting us, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs on alert.

Mirror also saying Van Gaal wants either Vermaelen or Vertonghen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Vermaelen is a rubbish centre half. Wouldn't want him near our side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

On this day 1997 Cantona announced he was to retire.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Hargo was a good player. If everything was normal he should still have played in midfield for us, but unfortunately he was already crocked when we bought him. I guess Fergie gambled and it almost paid off, but not quite. He had a good 2008, but otherwise he barely played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

On this day 1997 Cantona announced he was to retire.
    :(

It was a very dark day indeed.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Has the papers ran out of players for us to be linked with? Seems quiet the last few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

GSPfan wrote: »
    Has the papers ran out of players for us to be linked with? Seems quiet the last few days.

Dont worry Lee Cattermole will pop up soon :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

scudzilla wrote: »
    Happy Sunday, this makes me happy, All of Erics 82 goals for us :D

"I am not a man. I am Cantona."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

GSPfan wrote: »

or maybe they know the club only have a short list of about 5-8 top class players and theres no point making up stories?

Sagna is the first new "target" to appear in a while, all the others (Shaw, Kroos, Hummels etc etc) have been around for weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

or maybe they know the club only have a short list of about 5-8 top class players and theres no point making up stories?

Sagna is the first new "target" to appear in a while, all the others (Shaw, Kroos, Hummels etc etc) have been around for weeks now.

Plenty stories will be concocted, linking Utd to random players will get hits to websites and sell papers.
    Whenever LVG is official, that's when transfer rumours will go into overdrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Plenty stories will be concocted, linking Utd to random players will get hits to websites and sell papers.
    Whenever LVG is official, that's when transfer rumours will go into overdrive
    Indeed. Right now the focus is on speculation about Van Gaal and Giggs and whatever, but as soon as that's done the transfer speculations will begin, linking us to every decent player under the sun, especially Dutch and German ones.

Wouldn't mind Sagna coming in you know, would make Piers Morgan funny for a couple of days anyway with a twitter meltdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Prefer Rafael to sagna myself.

Sagna would be a great addition to the squad but the wages would leave me to think he would be a replacement rather than competition.

right I did this last season where I did a list of all the players linked to us.

was about 20-30 players where we only got 1.

so far this season we have been linked to the following.

Kroos
    Shaw
    Reus
    Vidal
    Carvalho
    Hummels?
    Robben
    Cavaini

right ye can throw up more and i will update later.

i will update it every week or 2.

Strootman

I would rule out Lallana now as a target as he seems to have shifted to Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Sagna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Müller too. Might as well throw up the whole Bayern team to save yourself time in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

You should do a running total on the value of the supposed targets, probably be over a billion by the end of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Müller too. Might as well throw up the whole Bayern team to save yourself time in the future.
    I like to see him take corners for United :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

LostBoy101 wrote: »

I see what you did there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

You forgot Fabregas Kew...

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Load of crap I'd say. We never sell players to our domestic rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Deiseboy01 wrote: »

Don't know ye seem to sell players to Everton regularly enough

I do believe the story is a load of crap though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

van Gaal when asked how his next few days will be like: "I don't ask you how your next days will be like & I don't want to know neither".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Don't know ye seem to sell players to Everton regularly enough

With the exception of last season, they're not really rivals.

LostBoy101 wrote: »

A Muller Reus combination would be tasty.

van Gaal when asked how his next few days will be like: "I don't ask you how your next days will be like & I don't want to know neither".

Haha, he's going to be brilliant, his Friday press conferences will be unmissable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Deiseboy01 wrote: »

Maybe United need the money, and let's face it, Jones is not top drawer. A win, win situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement