Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Don't know ye seem to sell players to Everton regularly enough

I do believe the story is a load of crap though

You do realise you's will not get top 4 next season right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

bmcc10 wrote: »
    You do realise you's will not get top 4 next season right?

Thank you for that, while your at it can I have the next weeks lotto numbers, next week scoop 6 winners, the world cup winner and maybe the top scorers and your Junior Cert results.

Cheers

Thank you for that, while your at it can I have the next weeks lotto numbers, next week scoop 6 winners, the world cup winner and maybe the top scorers and your Junior Cert results.

Cheers

Well i was going to post it in the Liverpool thread but seen as your to busy on the United one i didn't see the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Cheers

Expect cheap jibes to be returned in kind.

Well i was going to post it in the Liverpool thread but seen as your to busy on the United one i didn't see the point.

cool story bro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

cool story bro

You seem to have slipped into the wrong thread. Don't worry, it happens. Let me get that for you

Title bottlers thread here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

I have wondered why fans go into the threads of other clubs. I certainly would have no interest in a Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea thread. Couldn't care less what they are discussing.

You seem to have slipped into the wrong thread. Don't worry, it happens. Let me get that for you

Title bottlers thread here

That is hilarious, well played sir.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rooney is tweeting how disgusting it is that journalists have followed him on holidays to snap pictures while he is with his family.

The tweet, though, was geotagged, meaning everyone now knows exactly where he is and where they can find him......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Rooney is tweeting how disgusting it is that journalists have followed him on holidays to snap pictures while he is with his family.

The tweet, though, was geotagged, meaning everyone now knows exactly where he is and where they can find him......

jaysus....thats some house

• Advertisement

Oh well, rightly or wrongly it's a part of being rich and famous. It's easy to disable the location feature in the Twitter app, but maybe Rooney isn't aware of it. Someone should tell him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Not the brightest is our Wayne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Not the brightest is our Wayne

Fooled the board twice and got 300kpw as a result...thick as **** he is.

dahat wrote: »
    Fooled the board twice and got 300kpw as a result...thick as **** he is.
    He has a very bright agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Safe to assume the press are already camped outside, in which case what's the difference

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

sigmundv wrote: »
    I have wondered why fans go into the threads of other clubs. I certainly would have no interest in a Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea thread. Couldn't care less what they are discussing.

I would be the other opinion. I enjoy reading the other threads. It's good as well if you are discussing football with a mate who follows a different team and you know what he is talking about. It expands my football knowledge a bit and you can seem like a ITK when you say to someone oh I see you're in for Kroos/Costa/Benzema and they are intrigued by your salmon of knowledge powers :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Strootman
    Sagna
    Muller
    Fabregas

They will be added to the list.

It's already crazy time.

You will be busy, Kew. Every summer for the past few years around 100 players have been linked to United. And that was during the stable Fergie years. The daft bit is that it's the same players every summer.

You will be busy, Kew. Every summer for the past few years around 100 players have been linked to United. And that was during the stable Fergie years. The daft bit is that it's the same players every summer.

Easy 12-15 names linked.

Ya I could be busy.

It's just interesting to read over in Septemeber just hope it's not as depressing as last summer.

If we only signed 20% of the players listed we be laughing.

Strootman
    Sagna
    Muller
    Fabregas

They will be added to the list.

It's already crazy time.

Xavi

• Advertisement

It's just interesting to read over in Septemeber just hope it's not as depressing as last summer.

If we only signed 20% of the players listed we be laughing.

I will cry if we don't sign 3-4 top class players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Looks like Evra is off then (as expected)
    Patrice Evra was in Turin on Friday to hold talks with Juventus and possibly undergo a medical. [La Stampa]

Xavi

Ok now I realise I might need to put them in spreadsheet cause it could take 15 minutes just to scroll through my posts if not:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Kroos
    Shaw
    Reus
    Vidal
    Carvalho
    Hummels?
    Robben
    Cavaini

Garay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

van Gaal when asked how his next few days will be like: "I don't ask you how your next days will be like & I don't want to know neither".

He will be just the tonic! Moyes would not have had the balls to do something like that.

Any idea when Van Gaal will officially be confirmed? Believe it might be today or tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

EF wrote: »
    He will be just the tonic! Moyes would not have had the balls to do something like that.

Any idea when Van Gaal will officially be confirmed? Believe it might be today or tomorrow?

Does anybody get the feeling United are waiting to see if Ancelotti will be told he's gone from Madrid? If there's no unveiling of LVG this week then there's something up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

zerks wrote: »
    Does anybody get the feeling United are waiting to see if Ancelotti will be told he's gone from Madrid? If there's no unveiling of LVG this week then there's something up.

No, otherwise Giggs wouldn't have went to the Netherlands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I did a thing on a Blackburn Rovers site where I got every link to every player we were linked with over the summer. I even separated them into the ones that 'were happening' and the ones that were rumours.

At the end of the summer transfer window it 'was happening' with 38 players and a further 45 were linked.

Italian paper La Stampa saying Evra was in Turin on Friday,speaking of Juve,they are also interested in Sanchez from Barca.

They could use some of the Vidal money they get from us to buy him;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Looks like United have signed Miley Cyrus, she has been pictured in a United shirt...
    In defense apparently...she will take out the threats with her wrecking ball.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Looks like United have signed Miley Cyrus, she has been pictured in a United shirt...
    In defense apparently...she will take out the threats with her wrecking ball.

Bn7F58jCcAAbNL_.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Bn7F58jCcAAbNL_.png
    I just don't get the big deal about her at all - average at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I really hope not. I think LVG is just the perfect tonic for this team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

There are only three sources I would believe about Manchester United and Rumours; Jamie Jackson - The Guardian, Mark Ogden - The Telegraph and the BBC. Anything coming out of the rest of the staff at The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Times (mixed bag tbf), The Sun, The Star, Daily Mail, Metro, Daily Express, The Independent, ESPN, Sky Sports, GOAL, Bleacher Report, The Daily Mirror, MEN etc.

For example look at Sky Sports. When you see the yellow tag appeared at the bottom of the screen and you see "SKY Sources understand..." That means that they're using information they've sourced, usually from Twitter, and are crediting it as their own source.

There is no point in posting a rumour from the Sun and their ilk. They have NO insight into United. During Ferguson's reign at United there would only be two people at the club who knew anything about transfers; Ferguson and the Chief Executive who would have to make the call and negotiate the deal. After a deal has been reached then obviously more people come involved but the club rarely leaked deals at an early point unless Ferguson wanted to give guys like Bob Cass a story to print. I believe Daniel Taylor had a source at United at one stage but he was banned from Old Trafford and I'm guessing the club knew he had somebody telling him bits of information, apparently Ferguson was looking to ban him long before the book.

David Moyes' transfers got linked to the media but I'm guessing that he or somebody close to him was providing that information. Some even suggested that he provided the information himself to close friends in the media. Obviously sources change over time but Ogden and Jackson are the only real people who have information and they pay for that privilege. The BBC will mostly only report on facts. The rest are just guessing and even guys like Andy Mitten and Miguel Delaney are notoriously feeding off second hand information.

Player|Team|Jackson|Ogden|BBC
    Toni Kroos|Bayern Munchen|Yes|Yes|No
    Marco Reus|Borussia Dortmund|No|Yes|No
    Luke Shaw|Southampton|Yes|Yes|Yes
    Arjen Robben|Bayern Munchen|Yes|Yes|No
    Mats Hummels|Borussia Dortmund|Yes|Yes|No
    Edison Cavani|Paris Saint Germain|No|Yes|No
    Eliaquim Mangala|FC Porto|No|Yes|No
    Cesc Fabregas|Barcelona|No|Yes|No
    Thomas Muller|Bayern Munchen|No|Yes|No
    William Carvalho|Sporting CP|No|Yes|NoThat table is based on the most up-to-date rumours. So, if previously, Jackson said that United are in for Cavani but hasn't reported it in 4 weeks then it's deemed to not be a current rumour.

What are they saying?

Jamie Jackson is saying that we've £150 Million to spend this summer if they right targets are there. The main focus is a central defender, left back and a central midfielder.

Mark Ogden is saying the same but that we want two energetic, creative midfielders and we want to conclude most, if not all, of our business before the world cup.

Bob Cass is usually on the ball when it comes to United,if the club (Fergie) wanted something 'leaked' he was the go to guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Load of crap I'd say. We never sell players to our domestic rivals.

Also a load of crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

glued wrote: »
    There are only three sources I would believe about Manchester United and Rumours; Jamie Jackson - The Guardian, Mark Ogden - The Telegraph and the BBC. Anything coming out of the rest of the staff at The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Times (mixed bag tbf), The Sun, The Star, Daily Mail, Metro, Daily Express, The Independent, ESPN, Sky Sports, GOAL, Bleacher Report, The Daily Mirror, MEN etc.

For example look at Sky Sports. When you see the yellow tag appeared at the bottom of the screen and you see "SKY Sources understand..." That means that they're using information they've sourced, usually from Twitter, and are crediting it as their own source.

There is no point in posting a rumour from the Sun and their ilk. They have NO insight into United. During Ferguson's reign at United there would only be two people at the club who knew anything about transfers; Ferguson and the Chief Executive who would have to make the call and negotiate the deal. After a deal has been reached then obviously more people come involved but the club rarely leaked deals at an early point unless Ferguson wanted to give guys like Bob Cass a story to print. I believe Daniel Taylor had a source at United at one stage but he was banned from Old Trafford and I'm guessing the club knew he had somebody telling him bits of information, apparently Ferguson was looking to ban him long before the book.

David Moyes' transfers got linked to the media but I'm guessing that he or somebody close to him was providing that information. Some even suggested that he provided the information himself to close friends in the media. Obviously sources change over time but Ogden and Jackson are the only real people who have information and they pay for that privilege. The BBC will mostly only report on facts. The rest are just guessing and even guys like Andy Mitten and Miguel Delaney are notoriously feeding off second hand information.

William Carvalho|Sporting CP|No|Yes|NoThat table is based on the most up-to-date rumours. So, if previously, Jackson said that United are in for Cavani but hasn't reported it in 4 weeks then it's deemed to not be a current rumour.

What are they saying?

Jamie Jackson is saying that we've £150 Million to spend this summer if they right targets are there. The main focus is a central defender, left back and a central midfielder.

Mark Ogden is saying the same but that we want two energetic, creative midfielders and we want to conclude most, if not all, of our business before the world cup.

Jackson is not a great one for United.

Daniel Taylor is probably the best.

Ian ladyman is another very good journo for United stuff.

Your comments on Sky are populist BS too, imo.

It's all subjective but Daniel Taylor doesn't get as much information on United as Jackson does.

Ian Ladyman, meh.

Sky sources is actually true. Believe it or not but they take most of their stories from other journalists and credit it as 'Sky Sources'. I'm surprised there are still people that are dim enough to believe that.

Next you'll tell me that Miguel Delaney is an insider at United :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

mitosis wrote: »
    Also a load of crap
    In recent times, when have United sold players to teams that were considered a rival at the time of sale?

Silvestre is all I can think of and he wasn't exactly first choice at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ogden is wildly overrated too IMO.

His reputation was boosted dramatically after being the first journalist to put his name to the Fergie retirement stories. The truth was the rumour was spreading like wildfire on twitter beforehand, the info was aready out there before he wrote about it. I remmeber a few journalists the next day were a bit miffed as to why Ogden was getting so much credit for being some sort of special insider.

I'd guess Jackson probably gets most of his good stuff from Daniel Taylor and adds his own stuff in, which isn't as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gIued wrote: »
    It's all subjective but Daniel Taylor doesn't get as much information on United as Jackson does.

Ian Ladyman, meh.

Sky sources is actually true. Believe it or not but they take most of their stories from other journalists and credit it as 'Sky Sources'. I'm surprised there are still people that are dim enough to believe that.

Next you'll tell me that Miguel Delaney is an insider at United :pac:

No, Jackson WRITES. more on United, Taylor is far more likely to be writing something true.

When you get ladyman, Taylor and ducker are singing from the same sheet its very likely to have been confirmed with Woodward, or what he has told them.

No, Jackson WRITES. more on United, Taylor is far more likely to be writing something true.

When you get ladyman, Taylor and ducker are singing from the same sheet its very likely to have been confirmed with Woodward, or what he has told them.

I suppose you could say that. I don't really read much of Ducker's stuff but he hasn't really reported much in a while. Ogden certainly knew very little before but overnight seems to have a lot of correct information and was first on the Moyes story.

People place too much heed in sources of the past. Jackson and Ogden have all the current information IMO.

William Carvalho|Sporting CP|No|Yes|No

That's a good way to present it, glued. You get a clear overview of the rumours. Thank you. I agree that it is not worth reporting rumours from The Sun, The Express, The Mirror and websites like Goal and BleacherReport.

Good article here about Van Gaal & last nights game.Last paragraph is interesting about Valencia being a completely different player to the one we saw at United for the past 2 seasons.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/louis-van-gaal/10839023/Five-key-differences-Louis-van-Gaal-will-make-as-Manchester-United-manager.html

I don't know where to stand when it comes to the different journalists. The only sure thing is that when all the serious ones agree the story is most likely true. There definitely seems to be more leaking now than during the Fergie years.

So are people doubting Ogden and Jackson on anything other than idle speculation. I'd agree that they write the most on United but that's not a bad thing either. I get the critique though.

If we could build up a list of decent reporters and only post rumours from there that would be great. I hate reading stuff from Goal and the likes.

I don't know where to stand when it comes to the different journalists. The only sure thing is that when all the serious ones agree the story is most likely true. There definitely seems to be more leaking now than during the Fergie years.

Well if you take who's reported to a decent standard on United then you'd have:

Daniel Taylor - The Guardian
    Jamie Jackson - The Guardian
    Mark Ogden - The Telegraph
    Ian Ladyman - The Daily Mail
    James Ducker - The Times
    BBC

Is anyone from MEN reliable?

So are people doubting Ogden and Jackson on anything other than idle speculation.
    I don't doubt Ogden. He has a good source within the club. I don't know much about Jackson, though.

Well if you take who's reported to a decent standard on United then you'd have:

Daniel Taylor - The Guardian
    Jamie Jackson - The Guardian
    Mark Ogden - The Telegraph
    Ian Ladyman - The Daily Mail
    James Ducker - The Times
    BBC

Is anyone from MEN reliable?

I would agree with that list. MEN I don't regard particularly highly. I know they're a local paper, but I don't see them being more ITK than the other journalists mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

We now need a spread sheet to tell us which posters on boards trust which sources, so that we can work out the spread sheet of transfer rumours from trusted sources.

Confusing. Just believe the official website when they confirm the signing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement