Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Personally, I think he not got a fair crack yet.

What does this mean? Nobody was making him play with a ball and chain tied to one ankle, the man was utter crap last season and its nobodies fault but his own.

I hope he comes good because we desperately need the options in that position, but fact is better players than him weren't able to cut it at Old Trafford, and his performances suggest he won't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Do people expect Fellaini to at least be a solid option for us in CM or do you fear it's a flop already and that it was a mistake buying him?

Personally, I think he not got a fair crack yet. I don't know if he be a 27 million player but I think he is much better then what he has shown and I hope we can see his Everton form more with LVG in charge, hopefully.

I reckon he may be used as a DM for the first half of the season at least. If he doesn't work well I'd imagine Van Gaal would move for someone like Strootman. Suppose it depends on who else we get for CM in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I was expecting someone to say she was average.

I'm glad I was proven wrong.

Proud of you all. :p
    If anyone (straight, gay or bi) said she was average they should be bate once everyday for the rest of their lives for being so stupid :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

irishfeen wrote: »
    So if LVG isn't announced this week will we start getting worried??

if not announced by tuesday morning, ill be worried. there is no reason for this madness to go on, the first stories of us meeting Van Gaal came out 6 weeks ago, even well before Moyes got the boot.

i expect this to be sorted by then, hopefully tomorrow

if not announced by tuesday morning, ill be worried. there is no reason for this madness to go on, the first stories of us meeting Van Gaal came out 6 weeks ago, even well before Moyes got the boot.

i expect this to be sorted by then, hopefully tomorrow
    Talks of tomorrow does seem plausible but as you say anything past Tuesday morning between 8-9.30am and i'll be worried about what the fcuk they are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What does this mean? Nobody was making him play with a ball and chain tied to one ankle, the man was utter crap last season and its nobodies fault but his own.

I hope he comes good because we desperately need the options in that position, but fact is better players than him weren't able to cut it at Old Trafford, and his performances suggest he won't either.

He came in at a time when he was our only signing. More pressure to deliver and was a player we looked to see if we could change our fortunes in CM, hampered by injuries. Never got more then few games in a row.

Basically he might just need a fresh start this season with us and new signings might take heat off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Just 1 quick question

Fellaini has not scored for United yet sure he hasn't or am I wrong??

My mind went blank when Everton fan mentioned it and I can't say for or remember if he had

He got one goal last season, for Everton though in the league cup. Can't pick on him alone though for a woeful season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He came in at a time when he was our only signing. More pressure to deliver and was a player we looked to see if we could change our fortunes in CM, hampered by injuries. Never got more then few games in a row.

Basically he might just need a fresh start this season with us and new signings might take heat off him.

He wasn't some kid though, he was an experienced Premier league player rejoining his old manager, so if he couldn't handle the pressure then thats all on him. And he would have gotten more games in a row if he hadn't been so poor when he did play. Hell, you know you are bad when you can't keep Cleverley out of the side. I don't agree with the injury thing either, he had a few injuries, not some horrific leg break or something, its not enough of an excuse.

Like I say, there are lots of players who couldn't hack the pressure at a big club, and thus far Fellaini looks to be one of them, hopefully under the new manager he pulls his head out of his arse. Dropping Carrick would be a big help in that regard I suspect.

He wasn't some kid though, he was an experienced Premier league player rejoining his old manager, so if he couldn't handle the pressure then thats all on him. And he would have gotten more games in a row if he hadn't been so poor when he did play. Hell, you know you are bad when you can't keep Cleverley out of the side. I don't agree with the injury thing either, he had a few injuries, not some horrific leg break or something, its not enough of an excuse.

Like I say, there are lots of players who couldn't hack the pressure at a big club, and thus far Fellaini looks to be one of them, hopefully under the new manager he pulls his head out of his arse. Dropping Carrick would be a big help in that regard I suspect.

Fair enough argument there.

Only thing I would disagree on is him being kept out by Cleverley.

IMO Cleverley was seen as more of the playmaker and Carrick the DM something Fellaini was more bought for hence why I think he was in competition with Carrick more then Cleverley IMO.

I miss the boss :(

Bn8AGi2CcAAFClB.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Sorry if this is asked and answered but is it known when Van Gaal will be announced as manager?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

danthefan wrote: »
    Sorry if this is asked and answered but is it known when Van Gaal will be announced as manager?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

The first Sunday there's no mass.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

adox wrote: »
    People can report whatever stories or rumours they want, form whatever source.
    It's up to the reader to believe it or not.

It's a bollix idea to only allow stories from certain posters ideas of reliable journalists m

Exactly, that actually goes for journalists themselves, they have to write to make money, when nothing big is on the horizon to write about they still have to find something to report. Its up to them if they write something boring from a strong source or something juicier from a flimsy source because they have nothing else and its more likely to get attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Yes it is known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Mangala said he'd rather play for Chelsea than City because they're in London. Wonder how interested we are/were

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Don't know ye seem to sell players to Everton regularly enough

I do believe the story is a load of crap though

Boom tish! Are you here all week?!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

mitosis wrote: »
    Also a load of crap

That's a pretty aggressive response d*ckface.

Joke, I promise!

I don't remember us selling many players to our rivals. Hughes to Chelsea maybe but he was old and we wanted rid. I'm really struggling to remember one of our domestic rivals stealing away a young player we wanted to keep.

Can you name any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Boom tish! Are you here all week?!

Yep but you may not be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Juan cuadrado is a player who could definitely add some pace and creatively on the flans. Put and Out wideman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

wadacrack wrote: »
    Juan cuadrado is a player who could definitely add some pace and creatively on the flans. Put and Out wideman

28972lrg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Van Gaal regarding RVP as Dutch captain.

"I was happy with his performance, but he is also a fantastic captain. I think you always make a player captain when you have the same morals and philosophy."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/article10839894.ece?token=113226642

Tomorrow it is then seemingly according to the Telegraph :) dear fcuking god I hope so...

Yeaaaaa tomorrow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'd be happy to have him announced tomorrow just so the attention can turn to signings. Maybe thats been a tactic with the delay so that Van Gaal doesn't have to answer specific questions about transfer targets before he leaves for Brazil.

Whatever the delay is I can't help but think it's for good reasons.

• Advertisement

Yeaaaaa tomorrow!!
    Ha wait for it now Kew - 10am will come and nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Tomorrow it is then seemingly according to the Telegraph :) dear fcuking god I hope so...

Didn't your father ever tell you tomorrow never comes.

Ha wait for it now Kew - 10am will come and nothing...

My guess is that it will be announced at either 11am or 2pm.

If not more meltdown.

But I will remain calm.

TheTownie wrote: »
    Didn't your father ever tell you tomorrow never comes.

Last thing I want to Brooks song in my head.

Gee thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Last thing I want to Brooks song in my head.

Gee thanks ;)

Or a bad Ronan Keating cover :eek:

• Advertisement

Do not know that one.... Thank the Lord

If not more meltdown.

But I will remain calm.
    Almost without fail since the club was put on the stock exchange, major announcements (Ferguson retiring, Moyes appointment, Moyes sacking) has been announced between 8-09.30am for trading reasons.

When LVG makes his entrance he needs some music.

A bit of a Razor Roman walk about LVG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I was thinking more like this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Been off this for the weekend. Any real news?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

28972lrg.jpg

That gave me a great laugh of a depressing Sunday evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

28972lrg.jpg

That's more of a sorbet i reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

KH25 wrote: »
    Been off this for the weekend. Any real news?

Ronaldo is a doubt for the cl final and I'm off to bed.

28972lrg.jpg

Looks like them fancy scoops of mash with gravy on top you pay €50 a pop for in them fancy restaurants.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

No it is a strawberry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

When LVG makes his entrance he needs some music.

Has to be this......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

It's clearly a Panna Cotta.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

If not more meltdown.

But I will remain calm.

670px-Convert-from-24-Hour-to-12-Hour-Time-Step-1-Version-2.jpg

ok Kew has the 11am and 2pm slots

im going with the 9am and 5pm slots, get your picks in quick people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Looks like them fancy scoops of mash with gravy on top you pay €50 a pop for in them fancy restaurants.
    Schwiiing wrote: »
    It's clearly a Panna Cotta.

Ah come on now lads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

lads its been far too quiet in the twitterverse re LvG..if its going to be announced tomorrow, we'd have heard it by now..
    Ducker, Jackson, Ogden, BBC, Tancredi, Ballbag, Indykalia would've all exclusively broken it by now...
    I haven't checked but there'd be more of an uproar if it had..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Hococop wrote: »
    670px-Convert-from-24-Hour-to-12-Hour-Time-Step-1-Version-2.jpg

ok Kew has the 11am and 2pm slots

im going with the 9am and 5pm slots, get your picks in quick people

Put me down for 8am and 1pm.

10 am and 3pm.

i'll take never o'clock please ;)

ehhhhh twitter explodes tomorrow at 22.14

on club site at 8.05 Tuesday morning?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

our announcements tend to come really early in the morning. i would expect it around 8.45 to 9.15 :)

we are all going to be disappointed aint we?

and f5 buttons to get their quarterly overload tomorrow

• Advertisement

our announcements tend to come really early in the morning. i would expect it around 8.45 to 9.15 :)

we are all going to be disappointed aint we?

and f5 buttons to get their quarterly overload tomorrow

I think we'll be disappointed tomorrow, if it does happen tomorrow i'd nearly be shocked.. but i'm not in any kind of panic about it

I've a lazy week in work so f5 might get a bit overused????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement