Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

welcome to Manchester United Louis Van Gaal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Someone please post the Van Gaal Deal With It gif!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The Iron tulip has landed at last,

Is Giggs going to be a player/assistant manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Where is zerks? ZERKS get that gif out plzzz :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Just out of curiosity, is anyone opposed to this appointment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

There's still no confirmation as to whether or not Giggs will remain as a player? No announcement of a retirement, however they may not have wanted to do it directly in conjunction with announcing LVG as manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Prepare for a Dutch Invasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

The Orange Devils

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Can't wait for his first news conference. It will be a blinder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

jmmyf.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

van-gaal-karate-cl-finale-12190607-qf,templateId%3DrenderScaled,property%3DBild,heigh%20%20t%3D349.jpg

Feckin delighted!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Finally!!! Is Kroos signed yet?

No. LVG out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Last week was torturous with all the bloody times being talked about from good journo's anyway it's over now thank f**k.

Shaw to follow by the end of the week maybe Friday at the earliest say between times 3 and 9 maybe a tad later the following week :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Someone post the Juchen(sp) gif!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

David Moyes take note.
    David Moyes July 2013: 'I've come to a club where success is tattooed across its badge. This club is about winning trophies and I've come to continue that. It's something I'm looking forward to doing.

Moyes was pretty bullish as well in his early days at the club.

Glad to see the Van Gaal deal is finalised and I'm really intrigued with what this summer's transfer dealings has to offer. Should be a very interesting period in Utd's history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

vangaal5.gif

vangaal1.gif

I'd love that second gif. The passion. Might adapt it for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

David Moyes take note.

Who?
    Great to be optimistic again rather than just hopeful. Louis Van Gaal - Manchester United Manager ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Pighead wrote: »
    David Moyes July 2013: 'I've come to a club where success is tattooed across its badge. This club is about winning trophies and I've come to continue that. It's something I'm looking forward to doing.

Glad to see the Van Gaal deal is finalised and I'm really intrigued with what this summer's transfer dealings has to offer. Should be a very interesting period in Utd's history.

That optimism from Dave didn't last too long.

Van Gaal has swagger, enthusiasm and an aura about him that's contagious...something our ex-manager didn't. Long reign King Louis

• FutureGuy wrote: »
    We are not signing Lou...

Oh wait.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Netherlands to win the World Cup now as the players desperately try to impress Van Gaal in an attempt to get a big contract with him at united!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Will hopefully see a flurry of transfer activity now players know who they'll be playing for when they sign!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

vangaal2.gif

So thrilled. Have really fallen in love with him the last few weeks. The feelings I have today are so night and day to when Moyes was confirmed.

• Tis going to be a busy thread today...come on 4pm so I can get out of work and see this on SSN......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lets hope so..
    Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne 30s
    Woodward would have been embarrassed by last summers transfer window. No chance of that happening again. Big signings guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

giphy.gif

Let the healing begin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Yesh, this fits well in my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

And breeeath ... Great news, looking forward to United in an orange era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

vangaal2.gif

So thrilled. Have really fallen in love with him the last few weeks. The feelings I have today are so night and day to when Moyes was confirmed.

Pretty much this! Was full sure that we'd have moyes til Xmas! Love all these story's about Van Gaal droping his pants and calling reporters stupid!!

Is Kroos signed yet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

sorry-michael-keaton-your-portrayal-of-batman-isnt-as-good-as-christian-bales.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Well I think I'll be supporting Holland in the WC now. While David Moyes is a good man and I wished him all the best this time last year he just never looked or acted like a manager of a big team. Delighted we have a prestigious manager, arguably the type of manager that we should have went for last year.

However Moyes resetting the "bar" to a lower level could be good for Van Gaal. I certainly won't be getting carried away and thinking we will win everything next year. The team needs a lot of rebuilding and confidence of the squad will need to be built back up. However in Van Gaal I think we have a man who can do that.

The best thing about his appointment is that I'm genuinely excited for the coming summer and season, who we're going to sign, how we're going to play. Last year it was more anxiety and hope that Moyes would do well.

It's a shame that he can't get fully stuck into the team until after the WC, that's the one negative. But hey, he's in and that's all that matters at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

We should all have too say Yesh from now on also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

what time was it announced ??if its 2 im the ducking mano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

<3:)

10352785_10152184511012746_6744912218054468369_n.jpg

Feck all work getting done here...delighted this has happened, a World Cup summer and the possibility of some major signings...bring it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

It was always a wish for me to work in the Premier League. To work as a manager for Manchester United, the biggest club in the world, makes me very proud. I have managed in games at Old Trafford before and know what an incredible arena Old Trafford is and how passionate and knowledgeable the fans are. This club has big ambitions; I too have big ambitions. Together I'm sure we will make history

vs
    It was always a wish for me to work in the Premier League. To work as a manager for Manchester United, a well known club, makes me very proud. I have managed in games at Old Trafford before and know what a good arena Old Trafford is and how the fans try to get behind the team. This club are hopeful; but we have to acknowledge we need to rebuild. Together I'm sure we will try our best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Just out of curiosity, is anyone opposed to this appointment?

#LVGOut

that is a joke lads...

• Advertisement

Yep 2 on the dot. Kew's new name is Mystic Meg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

cdb wrote: »
    Yesh, this fits well in my brain.

Hopefully we shee the shexy football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Pighead wrote: »

I don't want to get into parsing words, but I can't agree. There is a world of difference between
    This club is about winning trophies and I've come to continue that. It's something I'm looking forward to doing.
    and
    This club has big ambitions; I too have big ambitions. Together I'm sure we will make history
    One of those guys is just happy to be there, the other is Louis Van Gaal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

BoAEyoDIUAA1zVS_zps8ba75122.jpg

RikkFlair wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Let the healing begin

Wooooooo...

The Iron Tulip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Ah you were just jammy Kew :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Yep 2 on the dot. Kew's new name is Mystic Meg

Boooooooom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am Jesus ha.

great stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bet365 look to have paid out, that was quick. **Edit, they paid me out on something else**

Now to find odds on Kroos signing!

This is a pretty good start to the week, wonder if it can get any better? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

"This club has big ambitions; I too have big ambitions. Together I'm sure we will make history." - Van Gaal. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its so refreshing to have a proper manager in charge now. I cant wait for the season to start and put my full support behind LVG

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement