Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Remember that instagram account I recommended a while back? well look at this beauty she came up with today, hot damn

BoFzKkJCIAAT5m9.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

just took a look at that Giggs thread, good grief talk about bitterness and vile in one thread.

i dont know why you lot bother entertaining these losers, you make them feel important by replying to them.

I said what I had to say about the great Giggsy in here, in our thread. I wouldn't waste my time reading the inevitable hate filled posts, that reek of pathetic small minded jealousy and bile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The Giggs thread is a great laugh, join us

Celebrating the great mans career and watching Liverpool fans make fools of themselves in one thread

I mean no offence, but when you argue with trolls/fools you just end up down at their level.

Remember that instagram account I recommended a while back? well look at this beauty she came up with today, hot damn

Best one Ive seen yet. Id be happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I mean no offence, but when you argue with trolls/fools you just end up down at their level.

"Never argue with a fool. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

or

"Never argue with a fool, people won't be able to tell the difference between you"

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I said what I had to say about the great Giggsy in here, in our thread. I wouldn't waste my time reading the inevitable hate filled posts, that reek of pathetic small minded jealousy and bile.

Very bitter indeed. Although quite funny to think that this is their 'victories', demeaning or moaning about our players who won title after title.. whilst their club did sweet **** all.

We'll have our memories, they'll have their bitterness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

And always remember that post divorce, Giggsy's wife still has 6.5 more Premiership medals than Steven Gerrard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Did ya hear Yaya Toure's agent on SSN there. Good lord. I'm in shock at how childish and pathetic he sounds. Can't help but love it though. Hope that rumbles on all Summer. Toure is the new Tevez.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

It'd be great if we had our own forum like spurs/chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭baldshin

Bannerman7 wrote: »
    BoEIgofIgAA8fEX.jpg

I've come up with a game for this picture...imagine each line of players represented a team in a knockout tournament (I know some lines have 4,5 or 6 players). Which line of players would you think would win it? Let's say if a players first name is in one line and his surname in the next he can be in either team. One of them has to play in goal also.

I'd go with Januzaj, Johnson, Jones, Kagawa, Kanchelskis. Good balance there between defence and skilful players, despite having no goalie. Ronaldo, Rooney, Saha, Smith and Schmeichel would bang in a lot of goals but only have the keeper doing any defensive duties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

I wouldn't be surprised if Toure is going to orchestrate a move to the Nou Camp. It would certainly explain why Barca are supposed to be open to letting the likes of Fabragas leave. And remembering the type of player Luis Enrique was, I reckon he might want a bit more steel in the team, as opposed to the vision Pep had.

City would also be a different prospect without him. I'm sure they would get a lot of money from the transfer, but you simply cannot replace Toure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

I wouldn't be surprised if Toure is going to orchestrate a move to the Nou Camp. It would certainly explain why Barca are supposed to be open to letting the likes of Fabragas leave. And remembering the type of player Luis Enrique was, I reckon he might want a bit more steel in the team, as opposed to the vision Pep had.

City would also be a different prospect without him. I'm sure they would get a lot of money from the transfer, but you simply cannot replace Toure.

Would he want to go back after effectively being dumped by them a few years back? Saw a poll alright on AS website where the Barca fans were given an option of which player they would like to sign and he won it by a landslide.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Anyone know much about Bruno Martins Indi? He's been linked with Utd, and some people on Twitter saying a deal should go through with LVG's backing.
    A 22 y/o CB, in the Dutch squad for the World Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Would he want to go back after effectively being dumped by them a few years back? Saw a poll alright on AS website where the Barca fans were given an option of which player they would like to sign and he won it by a landslide.

His agent seems to be pushing for it:
    "I repeat, this is not about money. In fact, he would take less to return to Barcelona."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Those quotes are music to my ears, City losing Yaya would be terrific

Make it happen Barca and sell us Fabregas please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Kroos is close folk..I can feel it in my bones.

Futureguy did good work.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Those quotes are music to my ears, City losing Yaya would be terrific

Make it happen Barca and sell us Fabregas please

Its going to take more them them losing YaYa for others to stop, or catch them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Toure will do everything he can to be sold now. Normally i think Man City would not sell him but his wages are huge and Barca would have to pay a large amount that City might be tempted with the financial fair play stuff over their heads.

Whatever the outcome its great to see. All I need now is Suarez to start flirting with Madrid and I'll be happy all Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Think ill throw the vodka into me and charge that Giggs thread :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Agueroooo wrote: »

It'll be a good start. He is huge for them.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

It'll be a good start. He is huge for them.

agree but unfortunately I can see the season past as their breakaway one.

imo the only thing holding them back in recent times was Mancini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Whilst Fabregas and Kross would be fantastic signings I would much prefer Vidal and Strootman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Think ill throw the vodka into me and charge that Giggs thread :pac:

I wouldn't bother its an absolute shambles from start to finish

Agueroooo wrote: »

Really? Without him they wouldn't have won the league this season or in 2012.

Really? Without him they wouldn't have won the league this season or in 2012.

They arent a 1 man team, that being said he would be a huge loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Not a one man team, no. But they play at a higher level with Yaya.

I didn't say they were. But he's their best player and they would be greatly diminished if he moved. How many times did he get them over the line in games they struggled in over the last three seasons.
    If there is any truth in this, united should put in a major bid for vidal. He would be city's obvious replacement if yaya leaves. It would be a very shrewd move to prevent them getting the only midfielder who is operating on yaya'a level.

statto25 wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother its an absolute shambles from start to finish

Have the mods not got involved yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

People predicting City to dominate for years are jumping the gun a little bit. I'm not saying they won't or anything but the same thing was said of Chelsea when Mourinho got in there first and they were a considerably greater force at that time, looked like there was no way of dislodging them. City were impressive in the run in this year but didn't look anything like Champions for most of the season.

They may very well go on to dominate but I wouldn't be as sure as others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Have the mods not got involved yet?

Yeah it's locked now, someone seen sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

How good are Jordy Clasie, Bruno Martins Indi and Stefan de Vrijs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

How good are Jordy Clasie, Bruno Martins Indi and Stefan de Vrijs?

inforfun is the man to answer this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I would rather suck the back of my balls then have to respond or read the whole Giggs thread. 1page was enough. Seriously!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol

That is the best laugh I had in ages

Read the thread there no surprise to see a certain poster scoffing lemons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Headshot wrote: »
    lol

That is the best laugh I had in ages

Must be a pisstake, SURELY

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Sneeaaky bid for Yaya Mr. Woodward - get it done! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Call Yaya.

Congratulate with birthday.

Job done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭billyhead

Luke Shaws parents are reported to be house hunting in Manchester according to the Mirror (possibly bull****) but I do think this will be our first signing. I would think that LVG and Giggs discussed targets and Giggs recommended Shaw whom LVG gave the go ahead. Reckon he could be a great signing for us. Young, British, Talented (hopefully another Gareth bale in the making:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

ESPN reporting that United are confident/made significant progress of signing Kroos - jaysus its going to be a long summer isn't it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

When is Tom Cleverley Birthday?

Me bad I know( yes I do want him to stay another season)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

When is Tom Cleverley Birthday?

Me bad I know( yes I do want him to stay another season)

Who?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

billyhead wrote: »
    Luke Shaws parents are reported to be house hunting in Manchester according to the Mirror (possibly bull****) but I do think this will be our first signing. I would think that LVG and Giggs discussed targets and Giggs recommended Shaw whom LVG gave the go ahead. Reckon he could be a great signing for us. Young, British, Talented (hopefully another Gareth bale in the making:D)

Why would his parents move house as well? Or is the article trying to say they are looking for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

irishfeen wrote: »
    ESPN reporting that United are confident/made significant progress of signing Kroos - jaysus its going to be a long summer isn't it :)

It's Miguel Delaney reporting it though, so not much to read into. He's basically rehashing what Ogden said a couple of weeks ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    Why would his parents move house as well? Or is the article trying to say they are looking for him.

Maybe cause he's only 18 and they want to move to Manchester with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭billyhead

Sorry Folks, I read on another forum that it was his parents who are house hunting but according to the report its Luke Shaw.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/luke-shaws-manchester-united-transfer-3576377

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Nearly sorry i started the giggs thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Nearly sorry i started the giggs thread.

Its not your fault Liverpool fans are the way they are :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement