Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Its not your fault Liverpool fans are the way they are :P

There's plenty of Liverpool fans who admire Giggs and the player he was.

• Anybody got a clip of the yaya piece from SSN please post it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Augmerson wrote: »
    There's plenty of Liverpool fans who admire Giggs and the player he was.

I'm Generalising for the sake of a few cheap thanks.

THANKS A LOT AUGMERSON!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anybody got a clip of the yaya piece from SSN please post it up!

Its been posted in the humour thread.

Funny/Bizarre carry on :)

• Its been posted in the humour thread.

Funny/Bizarre carry on :)

Such an awful life these pro footballers have :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I think it's coincidental that they are Liverpool fans at this stage. Even though I look in their thread a lot more these days the vast majority of them stay in there and mind their own business. I don't even mind most of the ones that post in here. It's the match thread lads who also latch onto miscellaneous United, Arsenal etc. threads that are the problem. There was one poster in particular on the United side who was doing it this season but because Liverpool have the most fans on the forum they therefore have more of the lads who are on the wind up.

The lads at Joe.ie have picked two teams,the best and worst out of the 150 team mates Giggsy had played with,

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-features/joes-best-and-worst-manchester-united-xi-from-the-150-players-to-have-played-with-ryan-giggs/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Just about avoided getting himself and Barca in trouble :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Devils of United ‏@DevilsOfUnited 35m
    Van Gaal: "I've seen a lot of Kagawa when he was at Dortmund. He was the best player in Germany, I expect the same in Manchester." #MUFC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Jesus, he takes no prisoners does Big Lou. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

That Van Gaal quote about Kagawa is all over twitter but I don't know where its has come from or if its reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

God you can see our smiles get wider and wider each time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jaysus as a Liverpool fan, that Kagawa quote is disheartening. He's a brilliant player and has always been criminally underused at United. If Van Gaal is going to put him front and centre and build his team around him, then he could be devastating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

In LVG we trust

Headshot wrote: »
    In LVG we trust

Amen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Day 2 in the LVG_United era, and still no signings.

Farce i tell ya.

Jaysus as a Liverpool fan, that Kagawa quote is disheartening. He's a brilliant player and has always been criminally underused at United. If Van Gaal is going to put him front and centre and build his team around him, then he could be devastating.

wonder if it is a real quote.

Regardless of that... it will be very interesting to see what the hell LVG does with him - and Mata and Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Kagawa won Dortmund a league title getting Van Gaal sacked in the process

His kryptonite if you will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Maybe cause he's only 18 and they want to move to Manchester with him?

Plenty of 18 year olds move away from home. On that money I'm sure he could afford to visit them often.

How many star signings do people expect this summer?

I think myself 2 with few more potential/solid purchases.

I can't see us getting 4-5 big names some expect or demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

is there room for him and Mata in the same team though, especially one that will contain Rooney and RVP?

i suppose if City were able to play a side with Negredo, Aguero, Silva and Nasri then that 4 would work.

all we need to do now is find 2 players in the Yaya and Fernandinho mould to play behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

is there room for him and Mata in the same team though, especially one that will contain Rooney and RVP?

i suppose if City were able to play a side with Negredo, Aguero, Silva and Nasri then that 4 would work.

all we need to do now is find 2 players in the Yaya and Fernandinho mould to play behind them.

Play both Mata and Kagawa behind the striker.

How many signings do people expect this summer?

5 for me with 2/3 announced before WC - I just think Woodward will make sure this summer will be anything but embarrassing, I get the feeling whoever we are likely to sign are already 70-80% complete.

Yes if you have some hard working quality central midfielders.

The only problem would be there's not a massive amount of pace in that front 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

How many signings do people expect this summer?

I see us getting atleast 4. Van Gaal walking through the Manchester Airport and behind him come Hummels and Strootman like a boss :cool: Expect the Luke Shaw deal to come through in the coming weeks. I also expect some other underrated chap to pop out of nowhere. :D

irishfeen wrote: »
    5 for me with 2/3 announced before WC - I just think Woodward will make sure this summer will be anything but embarrassing, I get the feeling whoever we are likely to sign are already 70-80% complete.

I edited my post.

I meant to put "star signings" at 2. I reckon 3-4 decent others.

I just don't expect 4-5 big names like some might hope or demand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭billyhead

Think it will be 3 significant signings personally that will strengthen the 1st team i.e quality over quantity. These being

Shaw
    Kroos and
    Stootman (but might not happen until January when he returns to fitness)

It's really hard to know. My head is telling me that we'll see two big names - probably Shaw and one central midfielder.
    My heart wants us to sign five players - something like Shaw, Hummels, Kroos, Carvalho and Coleman.

It'll probably be in between, though. Three players (LB, CB, CM). We will employ a different system than we're used to seeing, and some of the younger players will be given a chance to show what they can do.

I think another important question is who will leave? That will be fascinating.

I edited my post.

I meant to put "star signings" at 2. I reckon 3-4 decent others.

I just don't expect 4-5 big names like some might hope or demand
    Ha yeah Kew I thought you were being very negative altogether alright :) yeah i'd agree with you about 2/3 great signings and a could very solid signings,

Not sure where the Kagawa quote actually came from but I sure as hell hope its true

• Advertisement

It's really

I think another important question is who will leave? That will be fascinating.

ya he has few calls to make with likes of Anderson Chico and Nani and few others.

Can see him wanting Nani to stay

Carvalho has apparently said he is staying at Lisbon for next season.

ya he has few calls to make with likes of Anderson Chico and Nani and few others.

was said in one of the papers a few weeks ago that LVG had blocked Nani's move to Juve.

I see a few of the rags linking Utd with a move for Feyenoord's Jordy Clasie,he set up RVP for that goal at the weekend

Anyone seen this lad play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If he puts Nani and Kagawa in the team and gets them both back to their best, I will be sold. They can put up a banner then for all I care.

Well, it's a huge squad considering we don't have CL football next season.
    I think there's quite a few who could be gone. and there could be some shocks aswell.
    Nani, Young, Cleverly, Carrick, Chico, Welbeck, Valencia. None of them are safe IMO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I see a few of the rags linking Utd with a move for Feyenoord's Jordy Clasie,he set up RVP for that goal at the weekend

Yes

Van Gaal

was said in one of the papers a few weeks ago that LVG had blocked Nani's move to Juve.

Hope its true Mitch.

Think a fit Nani could be a nice weapon next season.

and apparently wants Evra to stay too, but i cant see the need for 3 Left backs unless Buttner will go out on loan, with Evra retiring then the next year.

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Yes

Van Gaal

Funny man,I kind of walked into that one :)

Anyone on here seen him play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭billyhead

Hes only in the WC squad because Stootman is out and another prominent midfielder (cant remember his name) is also injured. Hes no great shake from what I hear, just another Cleverly (not United quality). Theres supposed to be another young Dutch player (Alfaray I think hes called) whos supposed to be decent and of better quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

billyhead wrote: »
    Hes only in the WC squad because Stootman is out and another prominent midfielder (cant remember his name) is also injured. Hes no great shake from what I hear, just another Cleverly (not United quality). Theres supposed to be another young Dutch player (Alfaray I think hes called) whos supposed to be decent and of better quality

I've only seen him in the friendly the other day but multiple journalists have described him as the Dutch Tom Cleverly so doubt he'll be coming

Funny man,I kind of walked into that one :)

Anyone on here seen him play?

Sorry!

Not seen much myself, checked out the usual videos when looking at dutch midfield, likes pinging the ball around and getting stuck in for a little fella. One to watch at the world cup with or without United interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Can't go into next season with just Rafael at RB. Just can't.

He even looks like Cleverley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Ah it's great to be excited and optimistic about United again. And that comment about Kagawa, if true, hell the fcuk yeah!! :):)

Antibac wrote: »
    I've only seen him in the friendly the other day but multiple journalists have described him as the Dutch Tom Cleverly so doubt he'll be coming

He looks like Cleverley. Thats about it

He plays as what Van Gaal would call a number 6 for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

Liam O wrote: »
    Can't go into next season with just Rafael at RB. Just can't.

I agree, we need a good RB signing almost as badly as LB, Rafael misses way too many games and we've no backup.

and apparently wants Evra to stay too, but i cant see the need for 3 Left backs unless Buttner will go out on loan, with Evra retiring then the next year.

As long as it didn't impact signing shaw I would have no issue at all with Evra staying - would much prefer Shaw and Evra rotating than Shaw and Buttner. Don't rate buttner at all. AT ALL.

I would like to see how LVG coaches Cleverley - see what improvement he can get out of him. I do think he has good technical attributes; I think he has been badly utilized and coached in the last two seasons, when he should have been kicking on. Same with Jones and Smalling.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement