Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 mod warning #8081

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

DM-ICE wrote: »
    He looks like Cleverley. Thats about it

He plays as what Van Gaal would call a number 6 for a start

I'll give them the benefit if the doubt so that they were comparing them in looks! Suppose it just goes most are talking tru there h**e.

Be interesting watching the Dutch team at WC wondering who if any are coming

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Strootman is expected to return to action in August.

I wonder if we go three in midfield - lets say Fabregas, Kroos and Vidal :P

.....with a:
    ---Kroos----Fabregas----Vidal---
    Mata
    Kagawa

RVP

One can dream.....

...then one wakes up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

RobertKK wrote: »
    Strootman is expected to return to action in August.

I wonder if we go three in midfield - lets say Fabregas, Kroos and Vidal :P

.....with a:
    ---Kroos----Fabregas----Vidal---
    Mata
    Kagawa

RVP

One can dream.....

...then one wakes up :pac:

Kroos
    ---Fellaini----Kagawa--
    Rooney
    Mata--
    RVP

---Kroos
    Fellaini----
    Mata
    Januzaj
    Kagawa
    Rooney/RVP

Oh, what the hell.

Carvalho
    ----Kroos
    Vidal----

---Kagawa
    Mata----
    RVP

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Liam O wrote: »
    Can't go into next season with just Rafael at RB. Just can't.

Wouldn't be surprised if Janko or Varela were promoted to back up right back given how LVG likes to give youth a chance and would have been briefed by Giggs about the up and comers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

TheTownie wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if Janko or Varela were promoted to back up right back given how LVG likes to give youth a chance and would have been briefed by Giggs about the up and comers.

well if Evra leaves, as it stands we would have only 5 defenders -

Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Evans and Buttner.

its a scary thought. being realistic, based on the huge injury problems that group has, we'd need at least 4 additions to that including Keane as option 9 and Varela/Janko as you said, as option 10.

we really are short at the back tho and need a versatile player like Ivanovic who can play in all 3 positions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Bring back O'Shea!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

I wonder would he have any interest in Daly Blind , left back and has played defensive midfielder for Ajax and playing that position for the dutch teams, he won player of the season at ajax and is son of his current coach Danny Blind

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If the late Best had stayed in United’s first team as long as Giggs has done, the Irishman would have played under Ferguson – at least in that first season, 1986-87, during which the Scot took over the club. It is that which strikes you first about the retirement of the most successful individual player in the history of English football: he stayed at the top longer than anyone thought possible.

Just looking back at Giggs and he had three or four careers! It's easy to be unappreciative of just how good he was because he excelled for so long his ability ends up taken for granted.

The flying, weaving winger that caused havoc still in his teenage years. Famous goal against QPR a great example eventually ended up playing central midfield and winning titles as old as 39. Its amazing what he achieved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

well.... this is an incredibly irritating article.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/477161/Man-Utd-agree-deal-with-Bayern-Munich-for-Toni-Kroos
    Man Utd agree deal with Bayern Munich for Toni Kroos

MANCHESTER UNITED have agreed a deal with Bayern Munich for Toni Kroos.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

NOTHING in the rest of the article states we have agreed a deal with Bayern, or are even close. Jerks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

well if Evra leaves, as it stands we would have only 5 defenders -

Rafael, Smalling, Jones, Evans and Buttner.

its a scary thought. being realistic, based on the huge injury problems that group has, we'd need at least 4 additions to that including Keane as option 9 and Varela/Janko as you said, as option 10.

we really are short at the back tho and need a versatile player like Ivanovic who can play in all 3 positions.

It goes to show the task in hand for LVG.

He has a lot of work to do.

I wonder will he get a surprise by lack of quality. I'm sure he is well aware, but I'm talking when he sees them on training pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Has anyone realised the transfer window isn't open yet? Keep seeing people ask if Shaw is signed yet but the transfer window is not open till July 1st so it's entirely possible deals are done but there is no announcements planned.

I know these things will either leak out or be announced before its all official but I don't think we should expect much until July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

GSPfan wrote: »
    Has anyone realised the transfer window isn't open yet? Keep seeing people ask if Shaw is signed yet but the transfer window is not open till July 1st so it's entirely possible deals are done but there is no announcements planned.

I know these things will either leak out or be announced before its all official but I don't think we should expect much until July.

It doesn't fecking matter when the window opens. When did we agree a deal for Van Nistlerooij? Hernandez? Vidic?

in previous years, we had alot of our deals signed, sealed and announced well in advance of the window, so nothing stopping us announcing them now. trust me, Woodward will be so keen to tie new deals up, they will be announced within hours of being agreed.

lets not forget, Season tickets renewal are due in the next 11 days....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Fairly sure you can agree deals prior. But they can't be made official until after.

Source: I'm currently on a 37 hour FM14 binge

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I would agree except its common practice to announce deals when they are agreed even when that is long before the transfer window is officially open.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Fairly sure you can agree deals prior. But they can't be made official until after.

That all? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Timmyctc wrote: »

Not far off it myself. Managing United and Holland at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Not far off it myself. Managing United and Holland at the moment!

Started with Wolves there. Trying to loan most of our youngsters. Getting promoted here so It'll be easier then. Moyes coming under fire from the press, (Out of FA cup, Carling Cup semi, 6th in the league :O )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pfft, completed it.

• Advertisement

I'm the Webger of FM.

I won't spend a Bob. I would have about 300 million after 4 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Bannerman7 wrote: »
    BoEIgofIgAA8fEX.jpg

Looking forward to hopefully a few world class signing coming in. It will be exciting over the summer with the transfer speculation on who is coming in and leaving.
    I'm happy with LVG and RG taking the club forward. For me Champions League qualification, a good run in the FA and League Cups plus one or two younger players coming thru is realistic.

Mal Donaghy stands out to me as almost being a player from another era!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Shameless plug if ye all like football manager why not join 80 other boards posters and join our soccermanager.com league?plenty of posters in here over there already,?? It's a similar game weve a huge thread and all about it.. If you have questions or can't find the thread PM me,were allways looking for players.

PS We are not signing Kroos Shaw Muller or Rues!!!

Twitter is gone into over drive with Kroos to United deal agreed. That Official Agent guy announced it 30 minutes ago too.

Love twitter for entertainment value. I would just never in my wildest dreams believe anything on it regarding transfers. I think the Lucas Moura transfer confirmed how bad it is to put any credibilty to twitter.

Been on twitter very little lately but just on there and it's Kroos to United all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Realistically how likely is it to confirm the signing of any player going to the World Cup until the competition is over?

When are they going to have the time to sit down and discuss personal terms as well as completing a medical?

And I don't mean this in a buzzkillington type of way, I'm genuinely asking the question. Does it happen often?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

hMgKlaU.jpg

q3e87zR.gif

4JbIfHx.jpg

23e.gif

Right I am going to make a brave call and say

That we might sign Kroos, but he might also stay at Bayern.

Yep I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

The ever reliable James Ducker saying that Van Gaal has "left the door open" for Strootman.

Get Kroos and Strootman I say

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Been on twitter very little lately but just on there and it's Kroos to United all the way.
    I only joined to keep in touch with everything Man Utd but Jesus the amount of s.hite people talk is ridiculous - lies can spread like wild fire and actually make you think god this could be true but ha 99.9% of the time it turns out to be s.hite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Yep I know.

Agh Kew
    That's like saying we might get CR7 but he might stay at real
    Must check the twitter verse but if this deal could be true and finalised I think a lot of people will owe Ed "the equaliser" Woodward an apology

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Agh Kew
    That's like saying we might get CR7 but he might stay at real
    Must check the twitter verse but if this deal could be trey and finalised I think a lot of people will owe Ed "the equaliser" Woodward an apology

That's the joke (I admit a poor one) ;)

I love twitter and I love the ridiculousness of it. Worse thing is people putting any credibility in it or being upset by it. It is what it is. Enjoy the madness of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I love twitter and I love the ridiculousness of it. Worse thing is people putting any credibility in it or being upset by it. It is what it is. Enjoy the madness of it.
    It really depends who you follow, there are a few respectable journalists out there and sky and the BBC in particular are usually rock solid ... And of course official Man Utd themselves, keeps you nicely up to date on any announcements quickly.

And don't forget fantasy football teams from the official club accounts, absolutely vital for any FF players sanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Yep I know.

No way, he might join some other team, like maybe Man City, or maybe Fulham.

Off to bed.

I fully expect Kroos to be done and dusted when I get up.

Or Shaw.

Night everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Twitter is my newspaper for work these days, a whole load of ****e with a little good in there somewhere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Off to bed.

I fully expect Kroos to be done and dusted when I get up.

Or Shaw.

Night everyone.

We are not signing Kroos.

We are not signing Shaw.

Good evening.

I am absolutely dying to know how LvG will set up United.

4,3,3 ?
    4,2,3,1 ?
    3,5,2 ?

I would just love to see something different. Something exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Realistically how likely is it to confirm the signing of any player going to the World Cup until the competition is over?

When are they going to have the time to sit down and discuss personal terms as well as completing a medical?

And I don't mean this in a buzzkillington type of way, I'm genuinely asking the question. Does it happen often?

The reality is, if there was genuine interest on both sides, the personal package would be worked out well in advance through the agents, the medical takes a few hours so if there is a will to get some deals done before the WC there is no problem time wise.

I am absolutely dying to know how LvG will set up United.

4,3,3 ?
    4,2,3,1 ?
    3,5,2 ?

I would just love to see something different. Something exciting.

we dont have the players for 3,5 2 or even 4-3-3 at the moment. we lack pace for both of those and its most of the players we are looking at right now dont exactly have pace either, apart from Shaw.

more than likely it would be a 4-1-3-2 i would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Both of Germany's remaining warm up matches are in Germany (Cameroon in Mochengladbach on 01/06 and Armenia in Mainz on 06/06) so any medical could be done in Germany with United representatives on location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

we dont have the players for 3,5 2 or even 4-3-3 at the moment. we lack pace for both of those and its most of the players we are looking at right now dont exactly have pace either, apart from Shaw.

more than likely it would be a 4-1-3-2 i would imagine.

I am envisaging a 4312 with Kagawa Fellaini and AN Other playing behind Mata and Rooney RVP up top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

FutureGuy wrote: »
    We are not signing Kroos.

We are not signing Shaw.

Good evening.

Great optimism

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

kryogen wrote: »
    I am envisaging a 4312 with Kagawa Fellaini and AN Other playing behind Mata and Rooney RVP up top

I think Fellaini will be shown the door. Just my opinion but I think he was a poor buy and this season his level was truly shown.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Great optimism

Ssh, it's a reverse jinx :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Lot of frenzy being whipped up about Kroos now alright

Skybet are the only bookmaker offering odds on Kroos to Utd. Currently at 1/8.

I think Sneijder to Utd was backed into 1/9 at one stage and we all know how that one panned out!

Great optimism

In case you dont know, Futureguy is our good luck charm. He declared Mata un sign-able and it worked.

He's our version of Alan Hansen.

Sky bet has us at
    1/8 for shaw and kroos
    1/1 for fabregas
    8/11 for jordy clasie
    6/4 for Cavani
    3/2 for coleman
    4/1 ross barkley (second to Chelsea at 3/1)

hmm think i'll keep me tenner in my pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Can someone explain the 1/1 odds...:confused:

• Advertisement

Can someone explain the 1/1 odds...:confused:

even money bet 10 and you win ten and get your tenner back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement