Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

activation email

Options
  • 06-05-2014 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I noticed today that the email against my username is a very old work o e that I have no access to since I retired some years ago. I changed my email address bit can't post until an activation email comes. Just wondering how long that takes, as it has not come yet. I'm not great with the computer and may be doing something wrong on my end. Many thanks.

I get this message on boards.
    Hi Srameen,
    According to our system, you are currently "awaiting email confirmation", which means you won't be able to post messages, reply to threads, use private messaging, etc. Please check your spam/trash folders if you haven't received a confirmation email. You can also check if the email address you supplied is correct here.
    If it has been a long time since you registered and can't find the mail, you can request your activation mail again.
    If you're still having trouble, don't hesitate to ask for assistance in our Help Desk forum.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It should turn up fairly prompt once requested, at worst a few minutes.

These instructions will allow you to resend it manually:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056856789

Bear in mind the email uses a temporal token so it's only good for a limited timeframe.

If the email address is set wrongly, or can't be contacted, you'll need to email hello at boards.ie to get it corrected.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement