Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Care Worker Transfer HSE

Options
  • 06-05-2014 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I work as a Social Care Worker in a mainstream residential for young people ages 12-17 in the Letterkenny area in County Donegal. However, due to a change in my circumstances I have recently moved to live in the Wicklow area and I am commuting to Letterkenny for work.

I am enquiring if there is anyone employed in the Department of Children within the HSE working in the Wicklow or Dublin areas that would consider a move to Donegal to do residential work.

I would also be very interested in hearing from anyone who has got a transfer within the HSE to a different area in the country or anyone who has knowledge on how this can be done, ie is there a transfer list?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

Hi,

Can't help with the re-location. I do know that 2 years ago there was no transfers BUT i was told at the time that the idea had been brought up so unless something has happened in the last two years although I'm sure it would have been made public.

H.R should be able to advise you or look into it for you. They had the answers to my queries anyway

Good luck! I hope it works out because thats some commute :/

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

I understand that IMPACT trade union having been talking to the Child & Family Agency about having a national transfer panel for social workers. I would imagine it would be similar for Social Care Workers. I suggest you contact the Residential Child Coordinator or equivalent for Dublin Mid Leinst er and Dublin North East. I know there used to be a newsletter for the Irish Social Care Workers Association. If it is still published it might be worth while putting a small ad in it. Good luck

Advertisement