Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV in Charlesland

Options
  • 06-05-2014 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello,

anybody know if it is possible to get Sky TV in the apartments in Charlesland? UPC prices have gone through the roof in the past 6 months. Are there issues with getting a dish or are there ways around it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

I used to live in one in wood and I had sky

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Hello,

anybody know if it is possible to get Sky TV in the apartments in Charlesland? UPC prices have gone through the roof in the past 6 months. Are there issues with getting a dish or are there ways around it?

You are mad to accept any increase in your UPC. Every year they send out a price increase with a sob story due to the rising business costs etc etc.

The purpose of this is: They win if you sit back and accept it & they also win if you ring up to fight it because they'll agree to keep your old price but with a new 12 month contract.

I always ring and complain that I would have no problems paying this increase if I was able to avail of the same services as my sister in Sandyford who pays the same.

BUT we can't. We've no 'on demand'. We can't get horizon and we can't get HD. *at the time I was calling. Not sure about now

I ask to be put through to cancellations but it never gets that far as they will come down in price.

If I was you I would definitely ring up and say that you were talking to your sister and your bills are the same but you don't get any of the services she can. It's rediculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Charleslando

I know, I've been through it before with them, got €30 off my bill a year ago, fixed for 1 year but yet within that year they have increased the price three times. I'm kinda reluctant to sign another 12 month extension as i might be moving house within that time, the girl on the phone said my loyalty bonus had expired and that there was nothing i could do unless i cancelled the service? Its just utter B.S.

Advertisement