Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop power outlets on campus?

Options
  • 06-05-2014 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I live near UCD, and think I'd be able to get more work done during the day in the college rather than at home.

Does anybody know any good places on campus where there are power outlets for laptops, other than the libraries which I can't access? I'm not too worried about noise; as long as I know I won't get kicked out I'll be happy.

I'd rather avoid the PC suites as I'd stand out like a sore thumb if it's full. Have seen a few rooms with people doing work on laptops, don't know which ones are private though.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Health Sciences lobby has power outlets and tables/benches and chairs. It wouldn't be the most comfortable but I was in there today and it was quiet enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

In any of the study areas in Quinn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Quinn is a good bet. Something you can also do is bring in a 4 plug extension cord, that way if you find somewhere with minimal sockets, you can share the love.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Loads over in the Daedalus buidling! Also on several occasions I've used empty classrooms in the Newman building to study for an hour or 2, however I don't know what the story with using them during exam weeks would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dave26992

Computer Science

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

Theres a good few desks and power outlets in science on the ground floor beside the stairs aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Keep the suggestions coming.

All I wanna do is eat and study, damn you Librocop.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭troched

Raphael wrote: »
    Something you can also do is bring in a 4 plug extension cord, that way if you find somewhere with minimal sockets, you can share the love.

You vastly overestimate my generosity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ciaraofcourse

If you're a Leaving Cert student you can now avail of the library - www .ucd.ie/library/using_the_library/admission/leavingcert/

Advertisement