Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD AG Science

Options
  • 06-05-2014 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone know a backdoor into ag science UCD? I know with a month to go I won't get the points for the course,so was just wondering does anybody know another way to get into it? I know waterford IT is a one but it takes 3 years and at the open day I knew it wasn't write for me!
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Farmer5

Dundalk IT aswell I think not sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 5 _Andrea

FarmerJM wrote: »
    Dundalk IT aswell I think not sure though

Do you know how many years you have to go there and is the transfer hard ?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

_Andrea wrote: »
    Do you know how many years you have to go there and is the transfer hard ?

Best thing to do is to contact your Guidance Cllr.

Also, check the links titled Level 5/6 FETAC Entry Routes and Level 6/7 Progression Routes at the following link https://myucd.ucd.ie/program.do?programID=40

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭maisiedaisy

You can transfer from Ballyhaise after 1/2 years, depends on what major you want. I know someone doing animal and crop production that did 2 years in Ballyhaise, then came into 1st year Ag where he has to do 3 years to graduate. I know a guy doing Food and Agribusiness mgmt that did 1 year in Ballyhaise (I think) and came into second year Ag, and has to do 3 years to graduate.

I think you can transfer from Clonakilty Ag college as well.

The UCD Ag program office would probably give you good advice, 017167194 is their number

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Stan27

Just in my year now was a couple from other collages so can be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 KKmon

you can get into AG. science in ucd through ''the back door'' route, where you go into horticulture for first year then apply for a course transfer at the end of the year to go straight into second year ag science. as long as your grades are good enough there should be no problem. This is how i got in two years ago. Although i would ring the ag science program office just to make sure you can still do it. their number is....+353 1 716 7194

• Registered Users Posts: 5 _Andrea

KKmon wrote: »
    you can get into AG. science in ucd through ''the back door'' route, where you go into horticulture for first year then apply for a course transfer at the end of the year to go straight into second year ag science. as long as your grades are good enough there should be no problem. This is how i got in two years ago. Although i would ring the ag science program office just to make sure you can still do it. their number is....+353 1 716 7194

So you just have to get the points for horticulture,do that year in horticulture and then you can transfer into the ag science course ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KKmon

Yes, but i would double check with the ag. science programme office in ucd because i heard something about putting a cap on the number of people that can transfer

Advertisement