Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I configure my eircom webmail in Outlook 2007

Options
  • 06-05-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Like it says above - have been trying to set up my eircom email on outlook but it doesn't seem to be working, I keep getting error messages when I try to send a mail.

Can someone please confirm settings I need

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Like it says above - have been trying to set up my eircom email on outlook but it doesn't seem to be working, I keep getting error messages when I try to send a mail.

Can someone please confirm settings I need

Thanks
    Ok - so now I have it so I can receive mails but outlook will not send them, I'm guessing that I need to adjust settings for outgoing mail but not sure what they are??
    Error message is saying 
    "none of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server"

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

bump
    Hi ifeelstupid

This link will take you to our mail settings page.
    However I have searched online and found the following information on your specific error message here.
    I hope this helps.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Need to set up Outgoing mail server in adequate way. This practice will make your experience better with Outlook email client.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks for your advice here janeparker,

It is important that the correct outgoing mail settings and equally with incoming.

If using and eircom connection the settings are as follows:

Incoming Mail Server:
    webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing Mail Server:
    mail1.eircom.net

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies, managed to get it sorted. Nice guy on Eircom broadband support who didn't make me feel like a complete ass😳

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks for the replies, managed to get it sorted. Nice guy on Eircom broadband support who didn't make me feel like a complete ass😳
    Glad to hear it ifeelstupid

Thanks

Al

Advertisement