Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Games you wish you could play ?

Options
  • 06-05-2014 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

There are alot of games that never see production or are cancelled in the middle of development whether if it fails to meet deadlines, passed up or a closure of a publisher or lack of funding there are alot of passed up games and ideas that would of been amazing to play , thought I share some of the titles I would of loved to get my hands on.

Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks 2:

I recently read that Ed Boon had wanted to make a sequel to the spin off of mortal kombat fighting series and It brought back hours and hour of joy playing this co op with my sister, I would instantly buy a sequel whether if it was full retail or a downloadable title.

Gotham By Gaslight

I do not not know much about the developer behind this batman prototype but the idea of taking the dark knight and putting him in a jack the ripper esque time era looks very intriguing and would of love the ideas they had in store if they were given more time and resources.

Mverick Hunter: Megaman Fps:

The artsyle is atrocious but the idea of a megaman game made by the metroid prime team in a metriod style game spurs wander and endless possibilities for the megaman universe, I would of loved to see what could of been.

Megaman Legends 3

I have never played the first 2 legends games due to impossible ways of getting my hands on a copy but if legends series is regarded as a testament to the blue bomber and loved by people around the globe I would of bought the game just to experience it.

Any titles you would like to mention ? :D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Star Wars: 1313 - a next gen Star Wars game where you play a Bounty Hunter on Coruscant? Sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The Last Guardian? Where the hell is that gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I thought Project Offset looked amazing at the time.

Also, I really enjoyed Full Throttle. There was a sequel that was axed. Mind you, looking at the trailer, it doesn't look very tempting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Half Life 3 :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Myrddin wrote: »

No! Don't even joke about that!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Would have loved to play Dungeon Keeper 3 if it had not been cancelled, but at least we have War for the Overworld now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Prey 2, loved the first game. This was a complete departure but I sat in on a 40 min gameplay session and was blown away. Unfortunately it seems to be no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Not quite cancelled, but might as well be. The 40K MMORPG Dark Millennium.

Now just to be an RPG, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Prey 2 is still in production. It's just been restarted a few times but it's not cancelled at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Myrddin wrote: »

Ban request.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Prey 2 is still in production. It's just been restarted a few times but it's not cancelled at all.

Kind of, the name Prey 2 is all that exist now though, Human head were developing it but it has moved to Arkane Studios but it is a totally different game just under the Prey licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,890 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Black Isles original Fallout 3. It still saddens me this was never finished.

Chrono Resurrection.

Aliens RPG. Although it might be one of those cases where the potential is better than the finished game would have been :eek:

Megadrive, Snes and Gamegear Akira games.

Resident Evil 1.5 (soon!)

Alien Versus Predator for the 32X. Was meant to be a port of the Capcom CPS2 game. I believe it never left the drawing board, but oh, what could have been!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

X-COM: Alliance. Development hell doesn't really cover this one.

The Dreamland Chronicles: Freedom Ridge. Another old one but Julian Gollop at the helm of what was referred to as "essentially a remake of the first X-COM with 3D graphics". Yep.

Aliens: Crucible. It may have been cancelled for a reason but I'd still love to have given it a shot.

inSane. There was only ever a teaser released but a survival horror game produced by Guillero del Toro would definitely have been worth a look.

Eight Days. The trailer was obviously pre-rendered but who wouldn't want a Max Payne-esque third person shooter with a bit more freedom of movement and some car chashes thrown in?

I really want to say Factor 5's Superman game but I really don't think a truely great Superman game can really be made. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've always been curious about LMNO. Steven Spielberg and Randy Smith are two interesting creatives, and I'd have been fascinated to see what came of such a collaboration - particularly how Smith would apply his interesting experiments in world building and storytelling on a big, ambitious canvas. Alas, seems as if it was not to be though.

Curiosity is also the major motivation in my wanted to play the original version of Resident Evil 4. Don't get me wrong, the radical direction they took was absolutely the right call and the game we got is a genuine classic. But I'm sure a compare and contrast exercise would be absolutely fascinating, and the original looked like something of a last hurrah for the traditional Resi formula.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

LMNO to me looked like vapourware from the minute it was pitched. Looking back at the design documents and such, it was way too ambitious and would have been a coding nightmare. I doubt it ever would have gotten off the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Not really cancelled but ad a lot of content cut from it so they probably should have. Knights of the old republic 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I also like to add guillermo del toro insane game in the mix , one of my favourite directors and made my favourite film of all time pans labyrinth even if the gameplay was utter ****e there be some quality writing and direction. I hope it gets revived

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Kiith wrote: »
    Star Wars: 1313

I'm still sad about this. Basically Uncharted in the Star Wars universe. Would've been amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Road Rash HD

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Actually, given how awful MMO's are (:p) and given that none of them can touch WoW, I'm genuinely delighted that it's not going to be an MMO. Think about how many people have been disappointed that SWTOR was an MMO and not KOTOR 3.

I think if there's to be a 40K mmo, it should be set in Necromunda :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

There was a new Brothers in Arms in the pipeline as far as I know. Fecking love those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Earthbound 64/The original Mother 3. In fairness, had it made it, it would've likely never come West, but the Mother series jump to the Z-axis would've
    been novel, whilst the neony, folky aesthetic and its RPG-ness would've been welcome to a lowly N64 owner in the age of FFVII.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Not really cancelled but ad a lot of content cut from it so they probably should have. Knights of the old republic 2
    A lot of the cut content can be installed though if you're playing on PC though. Even without it, there's enough in there to justify the game being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Shiminay wrote: »
    Actually, given how awful MMO's are (:p) and given that none of them can touch WoW, I'm genuinely delighted that it's not going to be an MMO. Think about how many people have been disappointed that SWTOR was an MMO and not KOTOR 3.

I think if there's to be a 40K mmo, it should be set in Necromunda :D

You have a point alright, and if it turns out to be a decent 40K RPG, then I'd be happy enough. I'm not confident of even that, however. I would really enjoy a 40K MMO - possibly because I never got into WoW. I'm a GW2 fan myself - previous experience in Warhammer Online. That's probably why I was so psyched for it. I much prefer the 40K universe.

I'll have to look into Necromunda, not my area of interest myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

that fills me with more joy than if it was to remain an mmo tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Road Rash HD
    Have you heard of 'road redemption'? Look it up ;)

• Bulletstorm 2 strangely enough. Loved the first 1. Just some people couldn't grasp the mechanics and hated it for that reason.

I enjoyed the story, love to know where it went next. Especially after the ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Dead Phoenix for the Gamecube, one of Capcom's 'Capcom Five' and the only one not to get released.

It looked interesting and the dragon/monsters element was something that had me looking forward to it. Sadly, it was not to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Jade empire 2, feckin EA cancelled it when they took over bioware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,763 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You have a point alright, and if it turns out to be a decent 40K RPG, then I'd be happy enough. I'm not confident of even that, however. I would really enjoy a 40K MMO - possibly because I never got into WoW. I'm a GW2 fan myself - previous experience in Warhammer Online. That's probably why I was so psyched for it. I much prefer the 40K universe.

I'll have to look into Necromunda, not my area of interest myself.

I could see a game set up like Battlefleet Gothic working, but in general the 40k universe is densely story driven, contrary to the tabletop games themselves.

I get the snuff that the MMO is draining resources that are stopping successors to Fire Warrior and Space Marine from coming out. WH40K: Genestealer!

I could also see them making a BADASS RPG out of an Inquisitor campaign, just give you access to a big chunk of supporting characters for hire/requisition and go at it. Mass Effect in the 41st Millennium :p

Advertisement