Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Games you wish you could play ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Was very much looking forward to Stargate: The Alliance but it was sadly cancelled.

Apparently it was in an awful state.

I'm surprised there's never been a big release set in the Stargate Universe despite many attempts. Guess it'll never happen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Two games that may not have been up to much now, but would have been great at the time were the cancelled Dirty Harry and Indiana Jones games.

I love the setting, and the films music in the game would really set an awesome tone. That with Clint Eastwood lending his voice and likeness to the character could have made for an interesting sequel to the film.

I remember being amazed at this clip when I first saw it, and it looks kind of crappy now. The game was to show off the Euphoria engine, which I think was then showcased in The Force Unleashed, released the next year. The Emperor's Tomb and Infernal Machine were great games (though that's probably through rose tinted glasses) and I was really excited for the next one to come out. Hopefully someone somewhere will make another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Was very much looking forward to Stargate: The Alliance but it was sadly cancelled.

Apparently it was in an awful state.

I'm surprised there's never been a big release set in the Stargate Universe despite many attempts. Guess it'll never happen now.
    Yeah this for me too. :(
    Some guy managed to get his hands on it, on YouTube channel "ptoponline".

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

This one.

I also wanted to give this a go

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crybaby

I always remember the Mission Impossible they were developing for the N64 there was a big feature length article in a gaming magazine and it sounded amazing, I think I must have read it at least 20 times when I was a kid. It never came out in the end but I think they did release something in the end which didn't match up to that article at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Legacy of Kain: The Dark Prophecy
    I think would have been a great game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Warhammer 40k: Dark Millennium. I'm not sure if it's been 100% cancelled, but after THQ's death it kinda looks like it might never come out.

Also disappointed that there's probably not going to be a sequel to Space Marine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ambro25 wrote: »
    Have you heard of 'road redemption'? Look it up ;)

jaysis

http://www.roadredemption.com/

€40!!!! I avoiding all greenlight games and kickstarters until someone posts on here and says its good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

stalker 2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

The Last Guardian? Where the hell is that gone?

I remembered the name and a quick google reminded me of how interesting this looked at the time. It looks like there are some rumours around the net that maybe it will be announced at E3 but I don't know.

Article here from Kotaku says that they were still working in it in febuary:
    http://kotaku.com/5986133/sony-is-waiting-for-the-right-time-to-show-the-last-guardian

Also as mentioned above Star Wars: 1313.
    It looked amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Probably Van Buren or STALKER 2. Maybe Baldur's Gate III, although shamefully I still haven't finished Baldur's Gate I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

stalker 2 :(

There have been a few, but this is the big one for me. I just love the Zone - probably my favourite gameworld with a fantastic atmosphere full of dread and menace.

I would also have said B.C. except that a) Molyneux games tend to make promises they can't deliver, and b) the Stomping Land kickstarter looks a lot like it. Except brown. So much brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The Surround Gamer

Kiith wrote: »
    Star Wars: 1313 - a next gen Star Wars game where you play a Bounty Hunter on Coruscant? Sign me up!

vid

I think that most of us here can agree that this is probably the most recent cancelled game that most of us would like to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I would love to play original fallout 3, that was still developed by interplay. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Disaster Report 4 was cancelled after the 2011 earthquake in Japan. Always loved SOS:Final Escape on the PS2 and would've loved to play a (then) "next gen" sequel.

Afaik it was ready for release and all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

penev10 wrote: »
    Disaster Report 4 was cancelled after the 2011 earthquake in Japan. Always loved SOS:Final Escape on the PS2 and would've loved to play a (then) "next gen" sequel.

Afaik it was ready for release and all.

The Steambot Chronicles sequel was cancelled as well. I loved the first game. It was a true open world sandbox game where choices mattered and had all the charm (but not the budget) of a studio ghibli film.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd love to play the Resident Evil 4, the version before they changed it, to see what it was like. They had some great looking stuff in it, even if some was a little wtf...

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

I'd love to play the Resident Evil 4, the version before they changed it, to see what it was like. They had some great looking stuff in it, even if some was a little wtf...

I was going to post the same!? I love RE4 but some of the shots and footage of the early versions looked really interesting, hook hand ghosts and hallucination type stuff. They should put this and resi 1.5 in a special edition type thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah there were some genuinely interesting ideas in there. Obviously not very "Resident Evil"ish, but could have been a great horror game in itself. Some of the environments looked fantastic, and the progenitor virus stuff with Leon getting infected too (obviously copied to an extent in the RE4 that we got) all seemed very interesting!

You can see in the trailer some bits that they did use, and others that somewhat resembled the insanity effects of the likes of Eternal Darkness that could have made for a very unsettling game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

This Is Vegas, looked like it was going to be a great GTAesque game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The new Duke Nukem like it should have been made.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well, it was cancelled but I have played StarFox 2 for the Snes. Had some cool ideas which you saw appear on the N64 version which became the main focus at the time. The game was more or less complete, it was in Japanese but a community eventually translated it and got it up to pretty much complete status.

I would've bought this though back in the day, had and loved the 1st game.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Gutted Stargate Worlds never released.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Worlds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Just this, please!

Streets of rage 4

I know there were many cancelled versions for different platforms, and I didn't really get into fighting force either, but this one looks like it had potential (for a very early alpha).

• Yeah there were some genuinely interesting ideas in there. Obviously not very "Resident Evil"ish, but could have been a great horror game in itself. Some of the environments looked fantastic, and the progenitor virus stuff with Leon getting infected too (obviously copied to an extent in the RE4 that we got) all seemed very interesting!

You can see in the trailer some bits that they did use, and others that somewhat resembled the insanity effects of the likes of Eternal Darkness that could have made for a very unsettling game.

That looks class, love the music, lighting and atmosphere.

Not sure how they expected ghosts to work in am RE game though.

The controls look RE tank like however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Timesplitters 4 :( One of the best FPS series on consoles :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can think of a few games I bought that I wish were canceled. :(
    I'm looking at you Terminator on the Megadrive!

Advertisement