Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone Interview - No call

• 06-05-2014 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭

So, I was scheduled to have a telephone interview this evening with a major multinational company.

I was contacted by their Dublin HR dept. via email last week inviting me to confirm a telephone interview between 16:30 - 18:00 today - which I confirmed was a suitable time.

Its now just gone 18:00 and still no call, how long should I wait around sitting pretty beside my phone? Should I just take it as no plan to call on their behalf and enjoy the rest of my evening :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

1st off, imho it's bad form to give you such a wide time range for an interview. It's very amateurish not being able to organise an interview with a specific person at a defined date and time. Maybe I'm misreading and they were specific, that is, 90 minute interview scheduled to begin at 16:30?
    I'd hang on for another 10 - 15 minutes and see what happens. I would also follow up with them via mail tonight or in the morning and find out what happened - maybe the interviewer is off sick or something?
    One way or the other, best of luck, hope it works out for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

1st off, imho it's bad form to give you such a wide time range for an interview. It's very amateurish not being able to organise an interview with a specific person at a defined date and time. Maybe I'm misreading and they were specific, that is, 90 minute interview scheduled to begin at 16:30?
    I'd hang on for another 10 - 15 minutes and see what happens. I would also follow up with them via mail tonight or in the morning and find out what happened - maybe the interviewer is off sick or something?
    One way or the other, best of luck, hope it works out for you

Thanks for the advice, hadn't thought of the employee being out sick.

Yes, 90 minute timeframe for a 'short' telephone interview.
    "..I would like to request your time for a short phone interview for the XX Role. Would you be available between the hours of 4.30 and 6.00 on Tuesday or alternatively the same time on Wednesday.

Let me know if this is a suitable time to call you.."

Confirmed Tuesday May 6th, 16:30 -18:00 as suitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Was your phone number definitely correct on your CV. Any further communication via email from the company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Was your phone number definitely correct on your CV. Any further communication via email from the company.

Nope, not a peek. Have double checked all 3 sources I provide my phone number - CV, online application, and confirmation email, all are correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Ring them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement