Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I found Iphone, anyway to call last person?

• 06-05-2014 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

I found an iphone on the street near my house, it has a pin code, is there anyway to find the last person they rang and tell them to tell the person who's phone it is where I live?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

no, just wait for someone to call the phone. Presumably the owner will when they discover it's missing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Keep it charged as they'll probably use Find My iPhone. Also try getting the serial number from the back and their network about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Zcott wrote: »
    Keep it charged as they'll probably use Find My iPhone. Also try getting the serial number from the back and their network about it.

The network doesn't need serial numbers, they want IMEI.. Which is in the phone settings.. As is the serial number

abceire wrote: »
    I found an iphone on the street near my house, it has a pin code, is there anyway to find the last person they rang and tell them to tell the person who's phone it is where I live?

Could always use a paper clip and put the sim in your phone and see if there's any contacts on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Hand it into the local Garda station? No point faffing about otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

Fair play OP may all of the good karma flow your way! Not many people left who would be so honest. Hopefully it finds it way to its owner.

Mycroft H wrote: »

Guards only hold it for a little while then it's given away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Guards only hold it for a little while then it's given away...

Nope. They're obliged to hold onto found property for a year and a day. Application then made to the courts if it remains unclaimed and some with profits to the exchequer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP did you try holding down the home button to see if it activates Siri. You could then use it to call Home,Mam,dad.

Might be worth a shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

The owner rang and I gave my address, it was a girl in her late teens or early twenties. She was delighted. Oh and gave me 20 euro for my finding. I was happy too!
    I found one in Trinity too on steps, walking to the security hut I saw a lady who'd been sitting near me on the steps running back towards me, I'd found her iphone too. She was so happy, and it felt good to see her so happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

I found one too and handed it over to a girl that left it in the bathroom at work.

Found a bottle of wine on my desk :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Mycroft H wrote: »
    it will go straight into the garda's pocket if you do that. I know someone who goes out with a garda she gets all sorts of free stuff. it would make u sick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

The amount of iPhones that used to be found in the toilets of the pubs I worked in. Any that got handed in to the bar usually made it back to their owner but it's amazing how many people would spend so much on a phone and be so careless with it. One or two would be understandable but I'm talking about 2 - 3 phones handed in to the bar on a monthly basis. How many don't make it to the bar or owner tho.

Fair play OP for making sure it got back to it's owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

Ah come on now, I know they bring home booze and fireworks, not heard phones etc though.

Advertisement