Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing roof bulb

Options
  • 06-05-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

This bulb has gone off. Need to replace. How to open it? I have tried to push it but it doesn't pop out etc..
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭discodavie

Nicknamed wrote: »
    This bulb has gone off. Need to replace. How to open it? I have tried to push it but it doesn't pop out etc..
    Any ideas?

Bathroom/kitchen light I take it ?

Just unscrew the cover and replace bulb as normal. Make sure and replace cover though as they're there to stop condensation getting in and causing them to blow or trip out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Nope, they do not unscrew, the whole unit is pushed into the ceiling and is held in place by 2 spring clips. They are awkward to get out. You will have to grip each side with your fingertips and pull down, or slide something in on each side and pull down. Be careful as the clips can pop down suddenly.

Advertisement