Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2014: Mentored Novices Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Is Peter M a regular poster?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

menoscemo wrote: »
    Quiz Question:
    I can spot 3 regular posters in the startline picture above. Who are they?

Ultra P, pronator & emerald

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

See we are all invited to the Breakfast run. It's anyone who has registered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

tunguska wrote: »

You must have been near the front at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

I live just under 3 miles from the start. Was planning on jogging down to be there 15 minutes before start. Is that too late?

• Advertisement

tunguska wrote: »

OK, now there are 5 then :pac:

I know pronator but don't see him, don't know emerald...
    The two I am thinking (other than UP) have training logs...You might have to scroll right to see one. The other one is well known and his head looks to be incognito but I am pretty sure it's him ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

You must have been near the front at the start?

I always start slow so no need to be right up at the tape. Always tuck in a few rows back
    Just realised I was looking a the wrong startline pic(from pg 1 of the thread)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Firedance wrote: »

p.s. how come its only the 3.40 pacers in here dong a comedy routine, where's everyone else???

And why are they posting pics of themselves?! This thread is getting very mixed up... Beauty tips, bromances, I'm confused....

OK, now there are 5 then :pac:

I know pronator but don't see him, don't know emerald...
    The two I am thinking (other than UP) have training logs...You might have to scroll right to see one. The other one is well known and his head looks to be incognito but I am pretty sure it's him ;)

Was tallafornia ted wearing a hat to get into the elite start?

annapr wrote: »
    And why are they posting pics of themselves?! This thread is getting very mixed up... Beauty tips, bromances, I'm confused....

In fairness, I didn't post my pic. The boss did. The other 2 clowns just got jealous with the attention.

The 3:40 show is the only show in town!

• Advertisement

annapr wrote: »

That's so everyone knows who to look for in McGrattans :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

In fairness, I didn't post my pic. The boss did. The other 2 clowns just got jealous with the attention.

The 3:40 show is the only show in town!

I was just defending myself against menos false claims!

Besides, it'll help the birds eh I mean the novices to find the boardsies in the pub

paddybarry wrote: »
    I live just under 3 miles from the start. Was planning on jogging down to be there 15 minutes before start. Is that too late?

If you're ready to rock 15mins from the off, then go for it.
    but betcha you gotta get a loo break, then find a not too congested way to get your position.
    20-25 I'd reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

According to one of the club elders, You've no cause to be nervous about a race unless you're planning to win it'....well that told me then!!! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Quiz Question:

Ooh, excellent - a quiz!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Folks - if wave three is at 9.20 any rough idea of how long it takes to actually get started and across the line? 5-10 mins? Particularly say going with the 4.50 pacers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Quiz Question:

Taking a guess at smmoore and maybe krusty or trr as the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Weetabix wrote: »
    Taking a guess at smmoore and maybe krusty or trr as the others.

Might be smmore on the right? No krusty or trr there from what I can see.

Meno take us out of our misery?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

A few good tips here for marathon morning. I think we've covered them all already but no harm to reinforce a few things...

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    Folks - if wave three is at 9.20 any rough idea of how long it takes to actually get started and across the line? 5-10 mins? Particularly say going with the 4.50 pacers.

not sure Laura. I can't imagine it'll be more than 10 mins.

• Advertisement

blockic wrote: »
    Might be smmore on the right?

yep - thats it, I knew I knew that beard.

Might be smmore on the right? No krusty or trr there from what I can see.

TRRtheturd is there to the left with Black hat and Yellow singlet (3 behind Sean Hehir over his left shoulder), UltraPercy near the middle with red/green singlet (2 behind Gary OHanlon) and Smmorre to the extreme right with the black beard....

(2 behind Gary OHanlon)

Could have had fun with that, but I'm too respectable.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Hi,

Is doing a 2 miles easy Tomorrow Friday before Monday's race completely useless?

And would you recommend a few walks during the weekend or better not moving and watch TV?

Cheers

Hi,

Is doing a 2 miles easy Tomorrow Friday before Monday's race completely useless?

And would you recommend a few walks during the weekend or better not moving and watch TV?

Cheers

No I don't see anything wrong with 2 miles tomorrow at all.

I'd rest up on Sat and Sun. A bit of gentle walking around the expo or whatever is grand but feet up and rest with some good telly over the weekend. Don't seize up altogether by not moving but no power walking!
    Nothing wrong with doing 2 easy miles Sat or Sun either as long as they're really easy/recovery pace - like walking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

TRRtheturd is there to the left with Black hat and Yellow singlet (3 behind Sean Hehir over his left shoulder), UltraPercy near the middle with red/green singlet (2 behind Gary OHanlon) and Smmorre to the extreme right with the black beard....

tRR undercover! The hat got me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The Norwegians still have it as pretty much perfect running weather.

adrian522 wrote: »
    The Norwegians still have it as pretty much perfect running weather.

17c would be a bit warmer than Ideal tbh and the wind is a bit strong.
    Hopefully between now and then Wednesday's weather will move back to Monday :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Jesus pacers, throwing up yer pictures make it look as if ye are hooring yerselves out! Worse than selfies!

Now enough about ye. Where are the pictures of the novices?!! :pac:

There ya go. A paddy last selfie to balance out the elites. I actually was in last place at the time, that was taken in the first mile after I stopped to sort out my garmin.

10672055_10152412061979067_1353411172165298503_n.jpg?oh=a32ec4a5d1812cc6197df9636d59d46b&oe=54F5A39C&__gda__=1425021578_36f9c69659d90c659acc1dc79d0b1deb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Just one last little bit of advice from me. Not sure if this was mentioned yet, skipped through a lot of the madness of beauty tips and might have missed it.

If it's windy on raceday(just in case, always good to have a gameplan) tuck in to the middle of a group to protect yourself from the wind. If there is a crosswind, run on the side of the group that protects you from it.

It might seem like a small thing but it will save you a lot of energy that you can use over the last few miles.

Advertisement