Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2014: Mentored Novices Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Ososlo and Co, a big well done on mentoring such a lovely group of novices...

To all you guys and girls out there, well done on getting this far, now go out tomorrow and enjoy the rewards.

I'm as nervous and excited for you guys as I am for myself :-)

See ye all tomorrow :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Best of luck everyone.
    I'll be in the 4:10 group. Bald guy in an orange Adidas top bib number 7270.
    Would someone mind adding the bib number to the tracker sheet? Don't want to mess it up.

Thanks to everyone for the great advice over the last few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭crisco10

Good luck all!

Quite nervous now!

Ps: bib 3974, on mobile so cant updat tracker...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Well everyone I'm winding down down for the night, well fed and watered and everything prepped for tomorrow.. Just added my number on the time sheet.

One big thank you to ososlo and anyone else who has contributed and shared their knowledge.. it has been the experts and previous marathon runners sound advice that has me so calm and excited for tomorrow..

So best of luck to everyone running and hope you have a great day..

oh and check this, the great gf/coach gave me this picture frame full of pics from this year's races.. it's awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

gerard_65 wrote: »

That had me in stitches laughing...thank you so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Just had the last supper there. I never want to see pasta again!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 locombia

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!WE WILL DO IT! This was and is a brilliant thread and just knowing that there were other crazies out there with the same goal as me got me through those days of self doubt and worries.Well done all and I look forward to whittling even more internet hours reading all those race reports :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

annapr wrote: »
    Hey Laois_Man, very well said.

I notice from the spreadsheet with targets that yours is 4:29:59... Same here so might see you at some point tomorrow! Best of luck.

Good to know

There'll be 2 of us in the same group wearing a blue 'Jake's Legacy' singlet. You can't miss us. I'll be the good looking one who has hair!!

** apologies in advance for not feeling very sociable at the start though :)

Bed time...see ya'll tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I will be running tomorrow. Feeling well enough to give it a go. Hopefully meet a few of you in person tomorrow. Have my username on my number so say hi if you see me !

Ososlo - an absolutely legendary job done here. Really feel sorry for whoever has to try match this next year. :D Thank you once again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Nicsx

Just filled in my bib number on the tracker. I have to say the mixture of excitement & nerves make for an interesting combination!

Anyway good night all & best of luck to everyone tomorrow!!

BTW Ososlo drinks dry white wine. Hint Hint;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

gerard_65 wrote: »
    BTW Ososlo drinks dry white wine. Hint Hint;)

ha ha
    She also has a lot of running to do the next morning!

I will be running tomorrow. Feeling well enough to give it a go. Hopefully meet a few of you in person tomorrow. Have my username on my number so say hi if you see me !

Ososlo - an absolutely legendary job done here. Really feel sorry for whoever has to try match this next year. :D Thank you once again.

Great to hear this! Made my night! Fantastic. Delighted for you PM:)

So GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!!!& SLEEP TIGHT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow! Been lurking for a while with only one post but I do want to say a massive THANK YOU to all contributors (mentors and novices alike). To mentors for the obvious reason of offering fantastic advice, encouragement and reassurance but also to the other novices, it was nice to know there are others out there having exactly the same problems and doubts I was (misery loves company I suppose ;) ).

Again thanks very much and the very best of luck to everyone running (or walking) tomorrow.

Oh and enjoy McGrattans too!!!

Good night all. I'll be at the Templeogue road as you pass Bushy park cheering you all on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Hey hey, the culchie made it to Dublin!

BibNo 7544 (Green). Have SeanPuddin written on it. Hi-Viz Craughwell 10 shirt, and blue shorts. Incase that doesn't help I've been told I look a little like John O'Shea (Yea that feckin legend :) )

Couldn't find the pacers stand in the RDS but was happy enough to get out of there. Bit disappointed it's a towel and not a t-shirt also.

In the hotel now, in a vegetative state after a deadly Mexican meal out in Malahide. Probably not the best carb loading!

All the best to all the novices tomorrow, McGrattan's should be a good laugh after.

Ososlo a huge thanks to you and your merry crew, this has been a great way to train for my first marathon and appreciate greatly everything you have done. Legend.

Hey hey, the culchie made it to Dublin!

BibNo 7544 (Green). Have SeanPuddin written on it. Hi-Viz Craughwell 10 shirt, and blue shorts. Incase that doesn't help I've been told I look a little like John O'Shea (Yea that feckin legend :) )

Couldn't find the pacers stand in the RDS but was happy enough to get out of there. Bit disappointed it's a towel and not a t-shirt also.

In the hotel now, in a vegetative state after a deadly Mexican meal out in Malahide. Probably not the best carb loading!

All the best to all the novices tomorrow, McGrattan's should be a good laugh after.

Ososlo a huge thanks to you and your merry crew, this has been a great way to train for my first marathon and appreciate greatly everything you have done. Legend.

you'll get your finishers top once you finish ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

I better finish it so! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck tomorrow! Thanks ososlo and the other experienced runners, for all your advice and support over the last few months. I got my number picked up and the car fixed (in that order - with a little help from my friends, and breakdown cover) and I'm trying to relax now but really as wired as a kid on Xmas eve. One sleep to go!

• Advertisement

ciaranmac wrote: »
    Just wanted to wish everyone good luck tomorrow! Thanks ososlo and the other experienced runners, for all your advice and support over the last few months. I got my number picked up and the car fixed (in that order - with a little help from my friends, and breakdown cover) and I'm trying to relax now but really as wired as a kid on Xmas eve. One sleep to go!

Thank the running gods you got sorted!!! Great stuff! Best of luck!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Oh my bib number is 15683, not sure if I can get it on the tracker on mobile but I'll give it a shot. ☺

Anyone reading this tonight should be in bed. Go on - get out of here !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Best of luck everyone !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I'm up;

Who else is?

Let's do this!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I'm up;

Who else is?

Let's do this!!!!!!!!

Morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I'm up;

Who else is?

Let's do this!!!!!!!!

Me too. My 6th marathon, but no less exciting than the first :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

I'm up;

Who else is?

Let's do this!!!!!!!!

Up since 5. Breakfast done.
    [was nice to see you at the RDS!!! Have a great day: enjoy!!!]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Morning all, best of luck today enjoy

• Advertisement

Anseo !