Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2014: Mentored Novices Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

echancrure wrote: »
    Up since 5. Breakfast done.
    [was nice to see you at the RDS!!! Have a great day: enjoy!!!]

Thanks C. Same to you. I'll be looking for your finishing time later. Hope it starts with a 2. I'm confident it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Here I am!
    All well and ready?
    Can't believe I'm running a marathon today. I was on the verge of sleep and remembered and then couldn't sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Alan30

First marathon dream last night. Myself and Casey78 finishing together in 4:06. Hopefully a good sign. Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

aquinn wrote: »
    Here I am!
    All well and ready?
    Can't believe I'm running a marathon today. I was on the verge of sleep and remembered and then couldn't sleep.

I mostly slept fine until I woke at 2 thinking I slept it out...that repeated every hour until I woke up properly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Wind is pretty strong down my way.
    Wasn't supposed to be this strong

**** it

I love wind

Bring it on!

Aren't I believable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Nicsx

Morning all! Today's the day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anto K

Long time lurker here. Awake since 5, 3rd DCM in a row so looking forward to completing the hat-trick. Best of luck everyone. Bib no 2665. You can't miss me, I look like the gooch 'colm cooper' :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Forgot my watch typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Breezy out santry way too. Seems to be coming from the right direction though, behind us for a lot of the race! Positive thoughts 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Forgot my watch typical

Legendary post - I was about to leave without mine !

Sorry you forgot yours mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Legendary post - I was about to leave without mine !

Sorry you forgot yours mate

Could be worse, still get to run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Wohoooo! Its finally here - its mild out already

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Let's do this...

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Joleigh

Good morning!

It felt great lastnite saying "I better go to bed. I've to run a marathon in the morning".

Good luck everyone. Let's do this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Could be worse, still get to run

And you don't need a watch to run ahead of the 4 hour flags !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

A few of my crew are a lot slower than envisaged and estimated times a lot slower. I really hope they're not gonna be disappointed and it was a personal choice to go out a bit slower this morning with the wind! GO NOVICES!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Darren, PM, Dub13, Adrian all going BRILLIANTLY and gonna do great!!! A few others slowing up but still looking strong. No one dropped off in any big way that I can see.
    I wish I could track everyone but it's IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!
    HANG ON IN THERE FOLKS.!!!!!!!!!! DOING GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Tigerandahalf ran about 3:18. Along with DOCO, he's the only person I know of that hit his pre-race target. Awesome stuff for a debutant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

3.18:20.
    Last few miles were very tough. Walking like John Wayne now. Congrats to everyone who has made the finish line.

I am gone back to hotel for food and shower. I will try to make it to McGrattans later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

3.18:20.
    Last few miles were very tough. Walking like John Wayne now. Congrats to everyone who has made the finish line.

Great time for a first! Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone in the pub? By the pool tables wearing a "quick like kap" 49ers t shirt.

Crawled home in 3.49.xx. can't win them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

adrian522 wrote: »
    Anyone in the pub? By the pool tables wearing a "quick like kap" 49ers t shirt.

Myself & aero2k are here around the corner to the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

3:56:15 for my self over the moon

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Myself & aero2k are here around the corner to the left.

How are you to be recognised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Here grey hoodie. Hoods up, with the missus and a pint of the black styff . say hello I can't stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Congrats tigerandahalf, that's incredible!

Adrian, that is a great time for a first marathon..

Spent a while up at the KCR looking out for familiar Tshirts and faces ... but it's very hard to spot people in the crowds. I am pretty sure I spotted Dub13 (ie, his red T-shirt & brown shorts) running ahead of the 3:50 pacers. Apart from that the only other familiar figure was AuldManKing - but there only seemed to be two 3:40 pacers, ie, no sign of meno... maybe he was waiting in McGrattans??

Looking forward to DCM 15. And to the race reports tomorrow ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

4:07:35... Gutted... A,B and C targets missed. First half was a dream but obviously worked too hard. Run/ walk strategy from 10 miles out. If there's any positive it's a 90 second PB. Well done to the results I've seen already. I told Adrian522 he would pass me but he didn't believe me :-) now when is clonakilty on??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

My chip didn't register is there anything I can do before I leave. Came in in 4:26

• Advertisement

JohnDozer wrote: »
    4:07:35... Gutted... A,B and C targets missed. First half was a dream but obviously worked too hard. Run/ walk strategy from 10 miles out. If there's any positive it's a 90 second PB. Well done to the results I've seen already. I told Adrian522 he would pass me but he didn't believe me :-) now when is clonakilty on??

Tough going out there at times. Sorry to hear you missed your target, but I think you missed a bit of training which wouldn't help.

Advertisement