Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to achieve a C3 in HL home ec?

• 06-05-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to do this? I am kind of struggling at home ec at the moment but moving down isn't an option for me,I simply cannot afford to. Bit of background info:

Got 37% in mocks - was adviced to move down by teacher but she agreed to let me stay as long as I improved

In class test prior to mock I got 27%

Our latest test, which I received the result for a while back(I had studied MOST of the topics that we were told to study - the Nutrition section) I got 51%

Now I just need a C3 in this for points and I can't drop so does anyone have any advice? I know the nutrition and diet/health section plus the elective Q quite well..the rest not so well? I need to do all I can to maximise my chances of ensuring I get my C3. So any advice would be helpful :)

Also, regarding C3,I'm confused because I keep seeing grades on different sites. On one site I read it was 55% and up and on another site it said a C3 was 60% and up. I would be really grateful if anyone could clarify what percentage a C3 is.

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Bump. Any advice at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

C3 is 55-60%.
    Practice short questions without help.
    Correct according to marking schemes on examinations.ie.
    Brush up on agencies etc for social section.
    Answer in bullet points, not paragraphs, for maximum clarity.
    Attempt all short questions and attempt an extra long question if you have extra time on the day.
    Is your coursework likely to help you? Even if it's not great, it's worth a few % which you might not be taking into account.
    I like the revisewise revision books, but nothing beats having your own notes on the sections you find most difficult.
    Hope that helps a bit.

Advertisement