Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens cricket

• 06-05-2014 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi everyone posting on behalf of my partner who used to play cricket up in Dublin. We are currently living down in the wexford area and was wondering does anyone know of any ladies cricket teams? Would be willing to travel to maybe carlow or kilkenny areas. Have tried googling about it but not much seems to come up. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I have no idea sorry, but maybe send this lot a tweet?

Check out IrishWomensCricket (@IrishWomensCric): https://twitter.com/IrishWomensCric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Have a look here: http://www.cricketleinster.ie/clubs

Your closest clubs would be Wexford, Bagenalstown, Wicklow County and Greystones. I dont know if any of those clubs have womens teams however. None of them are playing league cricket anyway.

The womens league clubs that I can see are Pembroke, Leinster, Merrion, Malahide, North Kildare, Clontarf, Rush, YMCA, The Hills, Railway Union, Phoenix and Trinity. Most of those are going to be a trek from Wexford; most are in or around Dublin city center or in North County Dublin, and North Kildare is in Kilcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Greystones have a Womens team in division 3 this year.

5+ years ago Wexford were trying to get one going but I've no idea if they are still trying (might be worth getting in touch though).

I (male) have played in many games featuring one or more women so depending on her standard and desire she could play in the "Mens" leagues. Greystones 3s and Wicklow County 2s in Division 14, Laois 3s in Division 13, Bagenalstown 2s in Division 12 and Wexford 2s are in division 11. I'll stop there though it's worth pointing out that some of the best Irish women have been seen in recent years up around division 3 level.

You have to remember that half the games will be away which could be North Kildare or Rush for example!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Greystones ladies team is a very good option. I've coached teams who played Greystones and it is a good setup. If you need a contact there PM me and I'll get you one.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

At www dot cricketleinster dot ie /news/greystones-offer-taster-session-to-women you can find the relevant contacts for them.

Sorry for breaking the link, but can't post it even as text!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭__oc__

Thanks for all the help guys il speak to herself and see what she wants to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Thats cool about Greystones; I didnt realise they had entered a team into the womens league this year. Just realised that the leagues that I was looking at were for last year!

Advertisement