Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BUYING A CASE INTERNATIONAL

• 06-05-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to buy an Case International 956xl, its 1991, 4wd,

There is one about 24 miles from me that i'm interested in and seems to be going well, all things working and in good condition.

They seem like a good tractor overall but whats your opinions on them and what to watch out for

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

I love em - if the transmission functions correctly, it has a good strong lift and the power steering works well, I'd buy like a shot. Pound for pound the sturdiest tractors going imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭case956tom

check its not mixing the eng oil with the coolant as the liner o rings can leak,check the trans light on the dash comes on when you turn the key it should go out approx. 30 secs after startup, check its not jumping out of gear,check 4wd engages/disengages properly,is it 40k?also check if the handbrake still works most of them don't work like my one,the year of manufacture is stamped on the face of each rear hub,as said before brill tractor:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

ok thanks...what is one worth

he has also got a 4wd international 885xl old type...in fair condition, tyres well down...what are they like, heard they give axle trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

We have one for years now , it has alot of hours up from cutting silage , agitating , slurry spreading and everything else . Its a comfortable tractor with a nice cab and its pretty good on juice

Advertisement