Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick for an exam

Options
  • 07-05-2014 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

Whats the protocol if you're sick and could potentially miss an exam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gruffler91

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Contact the lecture for the modules as well,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

thanks lads.

not really sure what to do. my tonsillitis has flared up, not ideal with an exam thursday and friday. i wouldn't mind sitting out the one thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I have that tonsillitis as well, Can't take and Igrade tho as i'm in 4th year and don't fancy graduating in Jan.

Honey, Lemon, cinnamon and warm water 2/3 times a day should help with some paracetamol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Agent_99 wrote: »
    I have that tonsillitis as well, Can't take and Igrade tho as i'm in 4th year and don't fancy graduating in Jan.

Honey, Lemon, cinnamon and warm water 2/3 times a day should help with some paracetamol.

Got antibiotics today and painkillers.

Gonna sit the exam anyway, despite my unpreparedness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Got antibiotics today and painkillers.

Gonna sit the exam anyway, despite my unpreparedness

If you feel as though you can't continue during the exam you can let an invigilator know. You will then be brought to the health and usually have the choice thereafter to take some extra time in a quiet room to finish the exam or apply for the I-Grade.

Advertisement