Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy Lo

Options
  • 07-05-2014 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Buy Lo on Kylemore Road has closed down. Am very disappointed as I regularly visited the shop for particular items. Are there any other branches closed? I don't see any information online after Googling it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I love the one in Waterford, it has a great location near lidl and great products and prices, but it's always quite in there.

maybe they need to look at their advertising so they stay in people's minds. often their offers are better than lidl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

The Barry Group have decided to close all Buy-Lo stores except the one in Waterford.

The concept simply did not work the way they expected and also Lidl & Aldi changed their product mix to suit the Irish market and also grew substantially. Lidl & Aldi here are quite different to their namesake stores in UK and elsewhere in Europe and do a big range of better quality items - some ranges that have sold well here are now being rolled out to their European stores.

Buy-Lo simply cold not compete and they are concentrating on the Costcutter, Carry-out & Quick Pick stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks for that information I'm quite sad about that. To me, the Buy Lo shop did everything that Lidl and Aldi did, except they kept the stuff in stock. I don't like the way Lidl and Aldi only keep certain stock until it is sold out and then you have to wait until one day they might just order it back in again, and you could wait a whole year. Maybe they feel that because everything is sold so cheaply that customers shouldn't expect any better service than that. Although I do my shopping in both shops it bugs me when I can't get that product this week that I bought last week! :(

Advertisement