Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill far to high ( meter read )

Options
  • 07-05-2014 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭

Just received my bill today and it was €192 for 59 days, this is higher than my last two bills I received in January and March when we were using our heaters, we have not used them since our last bill two months ago but yet our bill is nearly €37 dearer this time around we have have not been using the apartment as much either.

The meter was read, but is there anyway of contesting this bill as our usage has been considerably lower since our last bill which was just €155.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

You'd have to go back on your last few bills to check the start and end units, then note how many are estimated. The main point would be to check your current meter reading and if it is accurate, then there isn't much to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

delly wrote: »
    You'd have to go back on your last few bills to check the start and end units, then note how many are estimated. The main point would be to check your current meter reading and if it is accurate, then there isn't much to do with it.
    My meter has been read for the last 3 bills, I will check it out in the morning when I get the key, but a jump of nearly 200 units used when we use no electric heaters or any other form of heating and have been away for 2 weeks is quite a steep jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

You could maybe try to get (or borrow) one of those portable usage meters, to get a sense of what your usage is at different times.  I know that it's something of a headscratcher to reconcile the bill with perceived usage at times, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Probably estimated. Submit your own meter reading to the ESB call them on 1850372372 or if you have a smartphone download the app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ie.esb.app.android&hl=en
    https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/esb-electric-ireland-meter/id412586262?mt=8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Hasn't there been some price increases recently? Maybe that's why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hasn't there been some price increases recently? Maybe that's why
    I checked that and the unit price is the same as my last bill two months ago, would not mind if it was that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Xenji,

Thank you for your post, and for everyone who has given their advice. The first thing to check if you get a high bill would be whether it is based on an actual or estimated reading (and the previous bill also). Do also take a look at over how many days the bill is based. These would be the main two factors which would lead to a higher than normal bill.

As you have already taken these steps, I'll be happy to take a look at your account for you. Please PM with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number. Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement