Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find degus anywhere in Dublin!

• 07-05-2014 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I've been keeping degus for years now but due to a recent illness that swept through my group I'm left with only one.

He's finished his course of antibiotics and seems to have beaten the illness that took the other degus. He's been, understandably, depressed/lonely and I've been trying to source a new companion for him for the last week. With no luck.

Every pet shop I contact doesn't seem to have degus in stock. And while I left my number with a few of them in case they get some in, I'm not too optimistic :-/
    Checking the animal ads on various websites daily has yielded nothing as well.

I'm in North Dublin, and I was wondering if anyone here had noticed some degus in a shop recently, or knows someone who has some that they're looking to rehome?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

there was 2 up in the pet shop in carrickmines for a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Have you tried the pet shop in Kinsealy? I'm not really an advocate of pet shops , but when I was in there a while back they had some.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

I have seen three degus in a pet store in blanchardstown shopping centre but this was just before easter.
    I remember the shop want to keep them all 3 to be sold together.
    Best to ring in advance for more info before visiting.
    Hope that helps.

I have seen them in Kinsealy

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

Thanks everybody, still no luck so far.
    I have seen them in Kinsealy

Was it recently? I only rang them last week and they didn't have them. I left my number with them in case they did get them in, but I haven't heard from them.

• Advertisement

It was a while ago i saw them. maybe 3 months ago

Advertisement