Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flatmate - small issue

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

Why not suggest going back to the alternate day system, then on her day for a hot shower have yours the night before and on your days for the hot shower, shower in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Olive8585 wrote: »
    Got a small issue with my flatmate! 4 of us in the house, the 2 guys have ensuites
    As the tank only supplies water for the main shower, I'm guessing the two ensuites have electric showers. As said showers can be costly with the electric bill, you should ask your landlord to install a shower in the main bathroom.
    I don't even think it's the unexpectedness, tbh. I told her I'd need to shower in the mornings more now and she really wasn't happy about it at all. She seems to think I 'promised' to shower at night, rather than offered to do it when I could.
    Bring up the fact that this was never brought to your attention at the viewing, and thus unless the landlord installs the electric shower, there will be times that she won't have the full tank to herself.
    There is very little hot water and if I go in at 7.00am, it's really cold by the time she gets up towards 9.
    Check what time the water is heated at. It sounds like it's done stupidly early, only to go cold by the time she uses it.
    It's complicated re the water issue - the two guys also shower in the morning before both of us, so it's a question of who gets the end of the hot water.
    Ah. She can go f**k herself, then. She can either moan at the other two housemates, or take her shower earlier.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

OP- if you're showering @ 7AM- how the hell is there no hot water available fully 2 hours later for your flatmate at 9AM? Most immersion heaters take 15-20 minutes to heat- not two hours. It sounds like you may have an issue with your immersion heater (if that is indeed how you're heating your water).

I do not like the bickering, and childishness in this thread.
    OP- it would appear to be a personal issue for you- more so than an Accommodation and Property issue. I am closing this thread here accordingly. If you'd like me to move it to the Personal Issues forum- please PM me, I'd be happy to do so.

Cop-on folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement