Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment invald/Going Paperless/Login Trouble

Options
  • 07-05-2014 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have a couple of issues that I need help with:
    • I recieved my bill Eircom bill in the post yesterday 06/05/14 although bill issue date was 9th April 2014. Included with the bill was an important notice stating that my 'bill is going paperless'. I want to keep my bills in paper format but the important notice slip advise that this must be indicated by visiting your website by 30th of April. Obviously I can't do this when bill was only received in May. Can you change me back to paper billing immediately and confirm this with me please?
    • My Bill is for €105.26. This is twice the normal amount. In the previous bill section, there is a 'payment invalid' of €52.63. I checked my bank statements and there has always been sufficient funds to meet the bill. Can you explain this please?
    • I have attempted to login the my eircom system online and failed. When I enter my account number to register, I get an message indicating that this account is already registered. When I attempt to find out my username using the lost username facility, I get an error message: "Sorry, we are unable to find the user name for this account." making it impossible for my to access any online information. 

[*]
    Thanks for your help with this,
    Pádraig.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭GCU Flexible Demeanour

I think your second problem is the same as myself. Eircom have experienced some significant problems with their direct debits, which they have suggested as resulting from the SEPA changeover in some way. This means about 30,000 people, apparently including myself and yourself, have suddenly received bills that state we are in arrears, including amounts shown as paid on earlier bills.

While Eircom's website states that customers impacted by this would receive letters explaining the situation, I certainly didn't. The first I knew of this was when they sent me a bill threatening disconnection, because apparently it's my fault that they didn't avail of the direct debit mandate I gave them last December.

Even worse than that, despite paying this bill in the post office on 29th April, I got a phone call yesterday from Eircom essentially seeking payment of that same bill.

In all of this, I've received no acknowledgement from Eircom that the whole problem with my bill is their fault, or any acknowledgement that I promptly paid these "arrears" that they created as soon as I became aware of them. I hand delivered a letter of complaint to their head office this morning, as they don't clearly state where formal letters of complaint can be addressed to. I can't say I'm briming with confidence at the moment that, through a further error on their part, I won't find my service disconnected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

podgesax wrote: »
    • I recieved my bill Eircom bill in the post yesterday 06/05/14 although bill issue date was 9th April 2014. Included with the bill was an important notice stating that my 'bill is going paperless'. I want to keep my bills in paper format but the important notice slip advise that this must be indicated by visiting your website by 30th of April. Obviously I can't do this when bill was only received in May. Can you change me back to paper billing immediately and confirm this with me please?
    • My Bill is for €105.26. This is twice the normal amount. In the previous bill section, there is a 'payment invalid' of €52.63. I checked my bank statements and there has always been sufficient funds to meet the bill. Can you explain this please?
    • I have attempted to login the my eircom system online and failed. When I enter my account number to register, I get an message indicating that this account is already registered. When I attempt to find out my username using the lost username facility, I get an error message: "Sorry, we are unable to find the user name for this account." making it impossible for my to access any online information. 

[*]
    Pádraig.
    [*]
    Hi podgesax.

I am sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM me your account no, and I will have a look into this for you.

Thanks

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 39 podgesax

I think your second problem is the same as myself. Eircom have experienced some significant problems with their direct debits, which they have suggested as resulting from the SEPA changeover in some way. This means about 30,000 people, apparently including myself and yourself, have suddenly received bills that state we are in arrears, including amounts shown as paid on earlier bills.

While Eircom's website states that customers impacted by this would receive letters explaining the situation, I certainly didn't. The first I knew of this was when they sent me a bill threatening disconnection, because apparently it's my fault that they didn't avail of the direct debit mandate I gave them last December.

Even worse than that, despite paying this bill in the post office on 29th April, I got a phone call yesterday from Eircom essentially seeking payment of that same bill.

In all of this, I've received no acknowledgement from Eircom that the whole problem with my bill is their fault, or any acknowledgement that I promptly paid these "arrears" that they created as soon as I became aware of them. I hand delivered a letter of complaint to their head office this morning, as they don't clearly state where formal letters of complaint can be addressed to. I can't say I'm briming with confidence at the moment that, through a further error on their part, I won't find my service disconnected.
    Thanks for your response GCU Flexible Demanour. I hope you get your issue sorted out soon.

[*]
    Pádraig.

[*]
    Hi podgesax.

I am sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM me your account no, and I will have a look into this for you.

Thanks

Ash
    [*]
    Ash,
    Thanks for your response. I've sent you a PM with my details. The eircom webmaster has already been in contact about resetting my login details, but I would be much obliged if you could sort out the other two issues please.

Thanks,
    Pádraig.

Ashling,
    just wondering if you have received my details and if you have any update on this please?

[*]
    Pádraig.

[*]
    Hi podgesax.

Thanks

Ash

[*]
    Ash,
    Thanks for your response. I've sent you a PM with my details. The eircom webmaster has already been in contact about resetting my login details, but I would be much obliged if you could sort out the other two issues please.

Thanks,
    Pádraig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi podgesax.

I have replied to your PM

Thanks

Ash

Advertisement