Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint savings account?

Options
  • 07-05-2014 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Hi, my girlfriend and I are starting to save towards a house, she is with BOI and I'm with AIB. Do you have any recommendations as to who we should set up the joint savings account with? Or what account?
    We also want to set up another joint account to take care of all the bills each month. Is this overkill?
    • joint savings account
    • joint account for outgoing bills
    • our own separate current & savings accounts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

KBC allow joing accounts with their regular saver account which pays 3.50%. You need to set up a standing order each month for up to 1,000 EUR per person.

PTSB might be your best bet for the joint current account.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

robocode wrote: »
    Hi, my girlfriend and I are starting to save towards a house, she is with BOI and I'm with AIB. Do you have any recommendations as to who we should set up the joint savings account with? Or what account?
    We also want to set up another joint account to take care of all the bills each month. Is this overkill?
    • joint savings account
    • joint account for outgoing bills
    • our own separate current & savings accounts

This is what we are doing, joint accounts with kbc who seem grand so far.

Advertisement