Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets - Tullamore?

Options
  • 07-05-2014 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when Eddie Rockets is opening in Tullamore?
    Starving today, can't stop thinking about food.
    Nom nom nom nom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

They were originally opening this weekend. Not sure if they have or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

not open yet but it won't be long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Got a response on the facebook page. They don't know when it will be open.

opening next week.

Friday apparently.

Nom Nom Nom Nom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

"Empty Pockets" here we come...

Lets see if it can challenge Grennans to the best burger in Tullamore!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

Overpriced garbage if ya ask me, I was in the Dublin outlet and few years back and I was disappointed, for the price they charge the grub was only average at best, that's my two cents anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

mr bungle. wrote: »
    Overpriced garbage if ya ask me, I was in the Dublin outlet and few years back and I was disappointed, for the price they charge the grub was only average at best, that's my two cents anyway.

Which Dublin outlet?

Which Dublin outlet?

The one on o Connell street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

The one on o Connell street

Eddie rockets to me is a salty pile of ****e. I don't get it. A slight step up on the other fast food bleh. That said I eat in Dublin city centre, so never short of much better places to go. Which may not be the case for the op. In fact ,op never asked for an opinion on Eddie rockets . Is clearly his bag. I'm a shut my mouth now.

I like Eddie Rockets, yes it is expensive for what you get, but it is nice food. I like burgers and bacon and chicken wings and hot dogs and milkshakes.
    Its no Joburger, but unfortunately Tullamore isn't Dublin. But we aren't exactly spoiled for choice in the midlands if you want an auld Friday treat on your lunch break once a month.

I like Eddie Rockets, yes it is expensive for what you get, but it is nice food. I like burgers and bacon and chicken wings and hot dogs and milkshakes.
    Its no Joburger, but unfortunately Tullamore isn't Dublin. But we aren't exactly spoiled for choice in the midlands if you want an auld Friday treat on your lunch break once a month.
    I see what your saying, I wonder will they thrive in Tullamore or go down the road of kfc or abbra!!

As much as I am looking forward to it, to be honest I can't see it surviving, the town is too small to support something that is very expensive for what is essentially chipper food.

Hopefully it does survive, It would be great to see some new businesses start up and survive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Where is Tullamore is it, I love an oul' "cheese please" burga!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Two cents? That's cheap, practically for nothing

el tel wrote: »
    Two cents? That's cheap, practically for nothing

Har d har :)

As much as I am looking forward to it, to be honest I can't see it surviving, the town is too small to support something that is very expensive for what is essentially chipper food.

Hopefully it does survive, It would be great to see some new businesses start up and survive.

Well they have a fairly good location there,hope it lives up to your expectations!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

Is Abra gone out of Tullamore? I can't believe it. Late, live and local on a Thursday night in the bridge and then a feed of Taco fries from Abra on the way home. Sitting down on the wall of the Tech watching the sun come up stuffing ur face with Taco fries discussing what trainwrecks of women u'd attempted to drop the hand on. Good times.

Kinda sounds like the Tullamore version of the Kid Rock song All Summer Long

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

superblu wrote: »
    Is Abra gone out of Tullamore?

It was still there last Friday when I was wandering around full of lovely lovely beer.

Or maybe I imagined that and the trail of taco round the gaff was an illusion :eek:

• Advertisement

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Where is Tullamore is it, I love an oul' "cheese please" burga!

its in the middle of O'Connor Square where irish nationwide used to be. Looking well yesterday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Abra is still there, its just nobody goes near it unless they are drunk.

KFC was a kip and would have done well in another location and better maintained.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

charlieIRL wrote: »
    its in the middle of O'Connor Square where irish nationwide used to be. Looking well yesterday.

Thanks. Might head in next time im local....and support it, and my stomach. :P

Got Abra last night, was impressed. Huge portions. Unfortunately that used up me ****e food quota for the week, so will have to wait till next week to try out Eddies in Tullamore.

Any of you going to head in tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Definitely, 6pm tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Has it opened? I'm heading out that way with the family this weekend.

Has it opened? I'm heading out that way with the family this weekend.

Not till six

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Not till six

Thanks we won't be out 'til tomorrow anyway :)

Thanks we won't be out 'til tomorrow anyway :)

You will probably be better off tomorrow, I'd imagine the place will be fairly packed this evening,

• Advertisement

place has been packed solid for the last few days. Que was even out the door at lunchtime today.

Advertisement