Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets - Tullamore?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Apparently it has been jam packed since it opened. That's good, hopefully it stays busy.

I still haven't made it down yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

charlieIRL wrote: »
    its in the middle of O'Connor Square where irish nationwide used to be. Looking well yesterday.

Some of the Irish Nationwide staff have formed a brokerage that will provide lifestyle loans so that you can bring your bird on an expensive upmarket chipper date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

thought i put up the phone number:057936000

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

It was packed out the door this evening....we bad to go elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

The mind boggles. I've eaten in Eddie Rockets (not the one in Tullamore, mind you) a few times and have always been underwhelmed by what has been served up. Overpriced junk imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pudzianowski

Was in eddies at the weekend, bit if a queue alright, food was tasty, as per normal Eddie rockets, but the one main gripe we had was how slow the service was. Not surprised with the queue outside, when we seen inside! From the time we sat down it took exactly 30mins to get food, and we ordered standard enough stuff. It appeared like the waiters/waitresses weren't really assigned to any particular tables and you'd have 2/3 there one minute and then no-one for 10mins. I know it's only starting up, so there will be a few teething problems. Wouldn't stop me going back, but wouldn't be impressed if it happened again, I know staff may be familiar with lots of the customers, but they shouldn't let it slow things down so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Passed Eddies a few times soon after it opened and the queues were crazy! However I went in one evening during the week last week and walked straight in, no queue. But like 'Pudzianowski' said, the service was outrageously slow! Between the hype, the slow service and the size of the place I'm not surprised the queues are so long. I'd love to see it doing well long term but I'd say its just a case of "right place right time" at the minute. Its in a good location and with schools and colleges finished for the summer there are more people free to visit it at any time. Once the hype has finished I can see it die down fairly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

Car parking spaces given to Eddie Rockets what's the story there ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Car parking spaces given to Eddie Rockets what's the story there ?

They weren't given them, they had to apply for an outdoor seating licence like everyone else does. Healthy annual fee for them as well.

Councils are clamping down on them all over the country as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Personally I think its great to see something thriving around the place, more power to them.

Great spot too!

• Advertisement

YbFocus wrote: »
    Personally I think its great to see something thriving around the place, more power to them.

Great spot too!

True. Same with the town, a lot of the vacant units have new tenants in the last few weeks which is great to see. Pity BK2 shut down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

True. Same with the town, a lot of the vacant units have new tenants in the last few weeks which is great to see. Pity BK2 shut down though.

Did they? I loved their menu when they started out but when I went back in over the summer, the food was awful and way overpriced. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

Can't fathom why people would like to eat in a car park, don't see the attraction of it myself,

LizT wrote: »
    Did they? I loved their menu when they started out but when I went back in over the summer, the food was awful and way overpriced. Pity.

Closed last Tuesday week unfortunately. The business changed hands a while back so that may explain the differences when you were there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Closed last Tuesday week unfortunately. The business changed hands a while back so that may explain the differences when you were there.

I was surprised BK2 closed, I used to go there most Saturdays with the wife and kid.

I thought the food was great and good value, staff were always pleasant.

Pity I don't really think there's anywhere around Tullamore that can match it for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

What about The Wolf-trap? Always enjoy lunch there.

What about The Wolf-trap? Always enjoy lunch there.

I like the wolftrap, always a great friendly service. If only they would change around the menu every now and then though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Egan2012

They weren't given them, they had to apply for an outdoor seating licence like everyone else does. Healthy annual fee for them as well.

Councils are clamping down on them all over the country as far as I know.

Eddie rockets took out a 2 year lease on the car spaces for the outdoor seating area.

Egan2012 wrote: »
    Eddie rockets took out a 2 year lease on the car spaces for the outdoor seating area.

No they didn't, who told you that?

I do hope they do though and much longer.

Planning was granted for a bakery in the square last week so great to see O'Connor square picking up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A bakery along the lines of Flynns where they will have a shop or a bakery like O'Donohues where they sell into shops?

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    A bakery along the lines of Flynns where they will have a shop or a bakery like O'Donohues where they sell into shops?

Planning granted for a bakery Cafe so probably similar to Flynns but with a seating area. Had a look at the drawings but they were very basic and hard to make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

boobar wrote: »
    I was surprised BK2 closed....
    Pity I don't really think there's anywhere around Tullamore that can match it for lunch.

There's a place up there opposite the church, I think it's called The Coffee Club and my one lunch there was excellent.

Advertisement