Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread - Summer 2014 - Mod note in OP

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thought he'd end up in the MLS myself, but a good move for him and Roma with Dodo being injury prone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Thought that one was very clearly ruled out by Bender himself earlier in the summer?

He did rule out a move but in football these days means nothing. Arsenal are being linked with Khedira, Schneirdlin and Bender it's well known Wenger is looking for a DM so could be papers throwing **** around and seeing what sticks or could be some truth to it given we have bid for him before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Thought he'd end up in the MLS myself, but a good move for him and Roma with Dodo being injury prone.

Better to be injury prone than extinct I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

greendom wrote: »
    Better to be injury prone than extinct I suppose

We laugh at the MLS and yet it's producing enough talent to get the national team to the Last 16 of the World Cup.

Even the Premier League can't boast that (for England) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

i+was+so+focused+on+finding+chernobyl+the+joke+went+_c2fa7d7cf30180035f79b327a1f6bc9f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Dodo's looks to be off to Inter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Well.... shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Steven Reid signs for Burnley on a one year deal - http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28198018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

He's still good enough for the top level with all due respect to the MLS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

@FCBayernEN
    Follow
    DONE DEAL: #FCBayern have signed defender Juan #Bernat (21) from Valencia CF on a five-year contract. More soon on http://www.fcbayern.de/en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

After being linked with just about every club in england the tom ince transfer merry-go-round has halted, hes signed for hull for a massive two years. Apparently rejected a chance to sign for inter, as you do....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

klose wrote: »
    After being linked with just about every club in england the tom ince transfer merry-go-round has halted, hes signed for hull for a massive two years. Apparently rejected a chance to sign for inter, as you do....
    BogSWgICUAEBmlZ.jpg
    So much for Paul Ince the agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

klose wrote: »

He has done absolutely nothing to deserve the hype that he seems to be getting. One exceptional season in his career so far and that was at Championship level.

He's very young of course, but I get the impression that he thinks he has already made it and his father doesn't help in that regard either, clearly making up or greatly exaggerating links with the likes of Inter Milan and Monaco and blowing him up in the press to be something he is not (at present) and whoring him out to the highest bidder.

Hopefully his spell at Palace might have given him a kick in the arse that he still has some way to go before being even considered an average Premier League player as he only started 4 games (where he seemed out of his depth in the short bits I seen of him) and was an unused substitute 6 times too.

I will say I'll be surprised if he makes it at that level though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,981 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Disappointing to find out about that as he is a very talented keeper, though given Hart's ability, good ol Willy might see himself as City's No.1 rather soon.
    Whats the story with him and his country. He has never played for Argentina which is a surprise as he is clearly the best Argentinian keeper for quite few years now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

Tom Ince rejects Monaco & Inter Milan to sign for Hull City... He now faces a medical where they'll be checking his head.

stolen from lad bible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ben Smith from BBC saying Suarez to Barca will be £75m cash deal.

M'Vila to Inter for €8M, medical tomorrow.

Good deal if they can keep him on a tight leash, which given it's Inter, it's a coin flip if they will or not.
    eagle eye wrote: »
    Whats the story with him and his country. He has never played for Argentina which is a surprise as he is clearly the best Argentinian keeper for quite few years now.

He just wasn't all too keen on international football I remember reading. Wouldn't know much besides that, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Ben Smith from BBC saying Suarez to Barca will be £75m cash deal.

They sending it over in a heavily guarded plane?

Barca will do anything to avoid paying tax it seems :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

They sending it over in a heavily guarded plane?

Barca will do anything to avoid paying tax it seems :P

Along with the extra 30m for Suarez's dad, yeah probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Kieren Westwood 2 year deal for the MASSIVE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Kieren Westwood 2 year deal for the MASSIVE

Is Kirkland not still with Wednesday? Who would be first choice

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Steven Reid signs for Burnley on a one year deal - http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28198018

There was talk he would be doing a bit of coaching. Can't see him playing right back burnleys best player is their right back tripper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Is Kirkland not still with Wednesday? Who would be first choice

Hes meant to be re-signing, we have issues with new owner getting ratification from FL so cant seem to sign anyone. Seems to have been going on ages now.
    Kirkys good but needs competition.

According to Sky Italia, PSG are considering a €60M bid for di Maria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Why on earth are Real Madrid getting rid of Di Maria? :confused: He was fantastic for them last season - diving aside (though he's pretty good at that too.)

Kroos to Real Madrid in BILD. €25-30M, 5-year contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Kroos to Real Madrid in BILD. €25-30M, 5-year contract.

€12m per year they say. Not bad for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Turtwig wrote: »
    Why on earth are Real Madrid getting rid of Di Maria? :confused: He was fantastic for them last season - diving aside (though he's pretty good at that too.)

Making room and funding a move for James Rodriguez possibly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

There have been a lot of biggish transfers already this summer, they have gone under the radar for me anyways with the World Cup on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

From BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/27580875
    Fulham have completed the signing of Scotland striker Ross McCormack from fellow Championship club Leeds for an undisclosed fee believed to be around £11m.

The 27-year-old, who has signed a four-year contract at Craven Cottage, was the top scorer in the Championship last season with 29 goals.

I'm surprised a relegated club are paying 11 million for a player, particularly given their last high profile signing of a striker has been a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

LuisSuarez_3169618.jpg?20140708090125

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Leftist wrote: »
    LuisSuarez_3169618.jpg?20140708090125
    looks like the dummy with arm extended is attempting to bait the suarez to take a bite lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

11m for McCormack is absolutely insane. It sounds like a gung ho first season down in the Championship and cross their fingers they go straight back up, or else.

Also Tadic will more than likely be Lallana replacement at Southampton going by Dutch media.

Confirmed. Not sure on the fee, but signed a 4 year deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Mario Mandzukic to Atletico Madrid seems to be a goer. It has been mooted for a few days now and Di Marzio has reported it's close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Confirmed. Not sure on the fee, but signed a 4 year deal.

Fee is rumoured to be ~ €14m. Nice piece of business from Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

SSN reporting that Sanchez to Arsenal is getting closer and they are also reporting that Arsenal are also close to signing Debuchy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Strong rumours Karl Sheppard is going to pats. Not surprising considering crolys treatment of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Gareth barry confirmed to Everton on a 3 year deal.

I'm Happy with that. Rumour has it that demba ba is next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Has payment been made for David Luiz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I would imagine the contracts are signed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

That was one of the worst defensive displays I've ever seen from David Luiz. 50 million for him is the most ridiculous transfer since Andy Carroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Blatter wrote: »
    Mario Mandzukic to Atletico Madrid seems to be a goer. It has been mooted for a few days now and Di Marzio has reported it's close.

30 goals guaranteed for him next year then....followed by a transfer away :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Montroseee wrote: »
    That was one of the worst defensive displays I've ever seen from David Luiz. 50 million for him is the most ridiculous transfer since Andy Carroll.

In fairness to David Luiz he plays much better beside a good natural defender who can read the game well such as John Terry or Thiago Silva. He's not a good defender though. He's prone to errors in judgement, he's rash, his heuristic skills are extremely poor and is a liability at the back. He's not a natural defender but he has ability with his feet and is physically very good. Not worth £50 Million, not nearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Does anyone really think the Luiz transfer fee isn't some shady accounting scam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

keane2097 wrote: »
    Does anyone really think the Luiz transfer fee isn't some shady accounting scam?

Qatarians paying a Russian?

Russian buys Costa and a winger who tracks back.

not sure how that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

keane2097 wrote: »

PSG are already in the shíts for FFP. I wouldn't think they'd splash £50M and risk losing CL football for a scam.

If it was the other way around I'd say it was a way for PSG to get around FFP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Has payment been made for David Luiz?

They might have the receipt?

Rafa doesn't get the credit because, well, it's Rafa Benitez, but he's the only one to have the cop on to not play him in defense. Luiz did well as a DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Sanchez for 27 million and Lallana for 25 million. Something doesnt seem right?

• Advertisement
Advertisement