Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread - Summer 2014 - Mod note in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Sanchez for 27 million and Lallana for 25 million. Something doesnt seem right?

Add Luke Shaw for 30 million to that as well...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Sanchez for 27 million and Lallana for 25 million. Something doesnt seem right?

That's because it isn't right, given that numerous reports have said Lallana cost somewhere between 16-20M. Arsenal had the Song and/or Fabregas payments to offset Sanchez too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    That's because it isn't right, given that numerous reports have said Lallana cost somewhere between 16-20M. Arsenal had the Song and/or Fabregas payments to offset Sanchez too.

Got a source for both of those?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nicklas Bendtner

My next club will be Real Madrid or Barcelona

Signs for Aston Villa

He obviously meant his next next club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Rafa doesn't get the credit because, well, it's Rafa Benitez, but he's the only one to have the cop on to not play him in defense. Luiz did well as a DM.

He nearly exclusively featured as a DM for Mourinho in the second half of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Nicklas Bendtner

Signs for Aston Villa

He obviously meant his next next club

Same thing! Lol!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Lukker- wrote: »
    He nearly exclusively featured as a DM for Mourinho in the second half of last season.

Much better player when playing infront of a back four IMO. Decent distribution but still very volatile as was seen with Muller last night

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Got a source for both of those?

It's in the Liverpool thread with reliable Liverpool based journos saying it if you wish to refer to that. I've mentioned it in this thread quite possibly a couple of weeks ago too. I'd be inclined to think it's 18-20M. 25M for those who have an agenda or read the gutter press, rags and the like, and I have no problem saying we've still overpaid by a few million btw. 15M is a fair price as I've always said about Lallana as anyone in the LFC thread will testify to, but English premium, yo.

The Arsenal bit has been said a few times in your thread and by some in the media, I've seen that so and so from the mirror, Cross(?) mention it from Retweets and what not over the past few weeks, though he does seem to talk through his arse more often from past experience of calling him on some of crap spouted last summer. I've seen anywhere from 23M to 34M as the figure Arsenal are getting Sanchez, the common price seems to be 32M though. The former or nearer the lower end would be in relation to payments Barca still have to make over Song and/or Fabregas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mandzukic will be huge for Atleti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CSF wrote: »
    Mandzukic will be huge for Atleti

I never really rated him hugely. I'm sure he'll score goals with the terrific service they have at Atleti, long as they can hold onto them. But as a striker I never thought he was top drawer, he looks quite static in a lot of matches as if he's waiting for things to happen.

• Advertisement

Diego to Fener confirmed.

230390d2eaab0be78f5a022aec53a553.png

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Diego to Fener confirmed.

Fener have been done there, that's the singer Ricky Martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Barcelona put up on their website that an agreement had been reached with Arsenal over Sanchez and then not long after took it down!

10385471_814804115210832_7066790460768650316_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

DenMan wrote: »
    Barcelona put up on their website that an agreement had been reached with Arsenal over Sanchez and then not long after took it down!

10385471_814804115210832_7066790460768650316_n.jpg

Arsenal withdrew the £1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

DenMan wrote: »

Probably because Puma want all the glory at the kit launch tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

It's in the Liverpool thread with reliable Liverpool based journos saying it if you wish to refer to that. I've mentioned it in this thread quite possibly a couple of weeks ago too. I'd be inclined to think it's 18-20M. 25M for those who have an agenda or read the gutter press, rags and the like, and I have no problem saying we've still overpaid by a few million btw. 15M is a fair price as I've always said about Lallana as anyone in the LFC thread will testify to, but English premium, yo.

The Arsenal bit has been said a few times in your thread and by some in the media, I've seen that so and so from the mirror, Cross(?) mention it from Retweets and what not over the past few weeks, though he does seem to talk through his arse more often from past experience of calling him on some of crap spouted last summer. I've seen anywhere from 23M to 34M as the figure Arsenal are getting Sanchez, the common price seems to be 32M though. The former or nearer the lower end would be in relation to payments Barca still have to make over Song and/or Fabregas.

Occam's Razor applies.

The larger figures are euros, the lower figures are pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

5live wrote: »
    Arsenal withdrew the £1?

Dont be jealous! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mandzukic gone to Atleti on a four year deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sources in Italy saying Lucas Leiva to join Napoli for a season with an option then for €15 million transfer,that'll be the foul count in Serie A climbing rapidly so.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mickeroo wrote: »

Hoping this kicks off a transfer merry-go-round!

:(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not quite a transfer merry go round yet, Maroune Chamakh has signed a new contract with Palace: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/jul/marouane-chamakh-signs-new-crystal-palace-contract.html

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Glad for Chamakh, he had a creditable season at Palace.

And his song is brilliant.

• Advertisement

@MirrorAnderson
    Follow
    Liverpool have confirmed Luis Suarez's move to Barcelona. They are not revealing the fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Suarez deal - SKY News reporting it at €/£75 Million.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Merry-go-round commenced:

I1Zdctz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Merry-go-round commenced:

3671537-6004688070-jjSia.gif

Can't understand Liverpool not releasing the fee unless it's on the lower end of the reported figures

Both BBC and Guardian are saying £75m, great money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Can't understand Liverpool not releasing the fee unless it's on the lower end of the reported figures

It's top dollar after all that happened at the WC.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

English papers are reporting 75 Million pounds whereas Spanish papers are reporting 75 Million Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Heard that Karl Sheppard is set to join St. Pats from Rovers

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    English papers are reporting 75 Million pounds whereas Spanish papers are reporting 75 Million Euros.

Sky Sports News are saying it's £64.3m which sounds about right. About €81m.

That figure came from Ballague I think who is literally one of the biggest spoofers around, he put this up on twitter earlier as well

@GuillemBalague: The figures of Suárez cost: clause was €100 milion. FCB paid €81. The sale of Alexis (€34.6+3 depending targets) helped reduce the cost

M'Vila to Inter for €8M, medical tomorrow.

Confirmed.. kinda, tis a loan deal.

BsRxSEUIMAAga3p.jpg:large

edit - Or maybe not..
    Piero Ausilio will not confirm Yann M’Vila's move to Inter, despite the player posing for photos with a club shirt

That figure came from Ballague I think who is literally one of the biggest spoofers around, he put this up on twitter earlier as well

@GuillemBalague: The figures of Suárez cost: clause was €100 milion. FCB paid €81. The sale of Alexis (€34.6+3 depending targets) helped reduce the cost

€81?? BARGAIN!!

... I'll let myself out.

Beckenbauer has confirmed Kroos is set for Real: "Toni #Kroos has decided, he will be new Real Madrid player. We're going to lose a champion"

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    €81?? BARGAIN!!

... I'll let myself out.

Even at that I reckon they have overpaid! One bite more bite away from the door I reckon!

Bojan is in talks with Stoke :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Kroos assisting Ronaldo is a fantastic thought. Great piece of business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Kroos Modric Alonso

\salivates

Reckon Kroos is Alonso's replacement

He'll probably stay one more season and then move off to the US for a final payday

Once a club like Madrid came in for Kroos it was always gonna happen.

Very good player. Will be interesting to see how he does there

Turtwig wrote: »
    Kroos Modric Alonso

\salivates

****Kroos Modric Di Maria

****Kroos Modric Di Maria

***** Ander Vidal Di Maria

:pac:

***** Ander Vidal Di Maria

:pac:

Hahaha looking really hopeful for ye but I'll believe it when I see it....and I'll sh*t myself with fear if I see it

• Advertisement

Hahaha looking really hopeful for ye but I'll believe it when I see it....and I'll sh*t myself with fear if I see it

Best possible scenario although we'll probably end up with De Jong and Depay

Rumours picking up that Lazar will complete his move to Pool tomorrow, £19.7m

Advertisement