Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread - Summer 2014 - Mod note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

According to Di Marzio City are close to buying Mangala for €40m. Porto really know how to get insane prices for their players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DenMan wrote: »

That article is 3 weeks old, since moved on to Debuchy apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Either one and I'd be really happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Can't understand Liverpool not releasing the fee unless it's on the lower end of the reported figures

Both BBC and Guardian are saying £75m, great money

From what I know that was the release clause . So it was a great fee for a player who is one ban away from having the book thrown at him .

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Pelle officially joins Southampton from Feyenoord on a 3-year deal for €10M.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Sport Witness @Sport_Witness
    Barcelona president Bartomeu when asked about English reports of Suarez fee "It's closer to what Barcelona sources say. Didn't reach €85m."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pedro Obiang linked with move to West Ham. He's definitely good enough to do better than that in fairness. Hope he stays at Samp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Adil Rami completes permanent move to AC Milan, also announced singings of Menez and Alex there friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Sport Witness @Sport_Witness

Yeah I don't believe anything that comes from Barcelona . They don't really tell the truth when it comes to transfer fees . NEYMAR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Yeah I don't believe anything that comes from Barcelona . They don't really tell the truth when it comes to transfer fees . NEYMAR

You could find a time when Liverpool may have under valued or over valued a transfer for various reasons I'm sure, maybe the Barca fans are saying they don't believe anything that comes from Liverpool.

I don't know who to believe, it would be fairly easy for someone at Liverpool to make a complete mug of the Barca president and say what the real fee was.

The truth probably lies somewhere between 60-75 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Remy Cabella signs for Newcastle 6 year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

MD1990 wrote: »
    According to Di Marzio City are close to buying Mangala for €40m. The third party owners really know how to get insane prices for their players.

FYP.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Remy Cabella signs for Newcastle 6 year deal.

Dafuq..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What is it with Newcastle and these long contracts? Pardew got 8 years and Siem De Jong got 6 as well. It's not baseball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Newcastle have done some nice business so far (well, on paper anyway). I admittedly haven't seen much of de Jong or Cabella, but those who have rate them both. RE: their contracts - Pardew's 8 year deal is not really an 8 year deal. Ashley only has to pay him 1 year of money if he decides to get rid. It's just labelled as an 8 year to appear more stable. All their main players that sign now appear to get 6 years which can work both ways, they can get relegated or the signings themselves flop and they're stuck with long contracts, or they can get bigger money if they are a success. It also probably has something to do with amortisation on their accounts too.

The Telegraph report that Villa will sign Ki. I'm disappointed with that, I had hoped Sunderland would bring him back permanently. An excellent signing for Villa and it strengthens another rival at that end of the table. If Sunderland don't get their act together soon they will go down this year. The squad is even worse now than it was last year.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Talk that Michu is about to be loaned to Napoli. They'd hardly let him and Bony go in one window would they?

QPR have agreed fee with Ajax for Sigthorsson for £5M.

PSG have agreed a deal with Toulouse for Aurier according to L'Equipe. Think it's safe to say, that one is more or less a done deal.

Daryl Janmaat signing for Newcastle according to Mark Douglas (north-east journalist), fee appears to be £5m. Newcastle fans will maintain that Mike Ashley is the devil but their business is looking good so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Paully D wrote: »
    Daryl Janmaat signing for Newcastle according to Mark Douglas (north-east journalist), fee appears to be £5m. Newcastle fans will maintain that Mike Ashley is the devil but their business is looking good so far.

Thats a cracking deal for Newcastle.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Thats a cracking deal for Newcastle.

I agree. Selling Debuchy for £12m and replacing him with Janmaat for £5m is very good.

Out of all the teams outside the usual suspects, I think Newcastle have done by far and away the best transfer business so far.

Yeah was sure Janmaat would have attracted interest from a few bigger clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Was very impressed with Janmaat in the WC. Good signing for Newcastle.

Buy ALL the Ajax players.

edit - or French.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Markovic to Liverpool done, just waiting on official confirmation.

10511174_891062307577335_7333523667977547877_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

What's the story with him. Is he going to be a regular next year or someone for the future?

Degag wrote: »
    What's the story with him. Is he going to be a regular next year or someone for the future?

He has the ability to be a regular now anyway in my opinion, still only 20 so alot of potential to. Pacey and can dribble, working on his finishing would be his main thing though. I can see rodgers going 4-2-3-1 as all our attacking players/wide players seem to be interchangeable.

Mangala to Manchester City is complete.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

This makes me a sad panda.

And Porto replace Mangala with Martins Indi from Feyenoord for €8M.

I think the Express (another paper that's become less trust worthy over the years) were saying he could be United bound a day ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Conte apparently resigned as Juventus manager.

Don't how I missed these, but Valbuena has joined... Dynamo feckin Moscow for €7M. A damn shame he'll waste his remaining years there, though I'm sure he'll be earning a fortune and at least he'll be in the capital, but still. Should have joined a big club outside of France going as far back as 2007/2008.

Adrian Lopez joined Porto for €11M from Atleti too, while his fellow Spaniard Tello should be joining Porto very shortly.

He said he'd resign if they sold either Pogba or Vidal...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Reports that he did not share their views on transfer strategy, possibly wanting to sell Pogba/Vidal against his wishes?

Its official he's off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

One transfer I never knew about was Alex from PSG to AC Milan, was thinking there was too many Brazilian centre backs in Paris

Buy ALL the Ajax players.

edit - or French.
    Monaco have reached an agreement for the transfer of Emmanuel Rivière to Newcastle for €8m.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

One transfer I never knew about was Alex from PSG to AC Milan, was thinking there was too many Brazilian centre backs in Paris

Menez went there on a free too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Is there anywhere that has an official list of all transfers across the bigger leagues? Always find it hard to find reliable sites for anywhere outside of England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Don't how I missed these, but Valbuena has joined... Dynamo feckin Moscow for €7M. A damn shame he'll waste his remaining years there, though I'm sure he'll be earning a fortune and at least he'll be in the capital, but still. Should have joined a big club outside of France going as far back as 2007/2008.

Adrian Lopez joined Porto for €11M from Atleti too, while his fellow Spaniard Tello should be joining Porto very shortly.

Always heard Rodgers was a massive tello fan was surprised he wasn't included with suarez deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

This is an extraordinary one. Obviously the wages are huge at Dinamo. And apparently he was available at around 7m. Very surprised he wasn't linked with a EPL club

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Not sure if it is mentioned here, Yann M'Vila moved to Inter on loan with option to buy for 8 Million.

Massimiliano Allegri new Juve manager according to Gazeta .

Bayern have kidnapped signed Gotze's little brother Gotze from Dortmund apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Tello to Porto on a 2 year loan with option to buy, done

Besiktas sign Demba Ba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Luis gone to chelsea confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Luis gone to chelsea confirmed.

Will the S be an upgrade on the Z?

• Advertisement
Advertisement