Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread - Summer 2014 - Mod note in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Luis gone to chelsea confirmed.

Top top signing for ye...any idea how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    :pac:

I haven't watched much of him, but his goalscoring record isn't up to much. Is he better than his record would suggest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Michael Mancienne from HSV to Forest for €1.9m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

£20m apparently paid his release clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

greendom wrote: »
    Will the S be an upgrade on the Z?

2 different players, one is a Brazilian defender the other was a Simpsons comedy villian :pac:
    ASOT wrote: »
    £20m apparently paid his release clause.

Pretty much whats being guessed, think bids of 12 & 15 we're offered but Atletico stood firm on the release figure.

Anyway, hes an upgrade on Ivanovic, which should see Azpilicueta move to RB and Luis at LB for a more balanced back four.

I dont think we'll do much more business, maybe a few out, if one is Lukaku we'll be after a CF but apart from that I cant see us venturing into the market anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I dont think we'll do much more business, maybe a few out, if one is Lukaku we'll be after a CF but apart from that I cant see us venturing into the market anytime soon.

Will Courtois be first-choice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

2 different players, one is a Brazilian defender the other was a Simpsons comedy villian :pac:

Pretty much whats being guessed, think bids of 12 & 15 we're offered but Atletico stood firm on the release figure.

Anyway, hes an upgrade on Ivanovic, which should see Azpilicueta move to RB and Luis at LB for a more balanced back four.

Hes a quality player, will be one of the best LBs in the league anyway. Serious amounts of pace to. Chelsea will be the team to use on FIFA next season anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Besiktas sign Demba Ba.

Would have loved him back at Newcastle.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Paully D wrote: »
    I haven't watched much of him, but his goalscoring record isn't up to much. Is he better than his record would suggest?

He did okay in Falcao's absence last season, has got a good physical presence about him a bit like Remy in that regards, but that's about it. Maybe he'll surprise me and score 15+ league goals, but under Pardew, I tend to expect minimal success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Chelseas back 5 look superb. With Matic protecting them and Mourinho's tactics, cant see them letting it too much next year.

x43r0 wrote: »
    Will Courtois be first-choice?

He should be, Cech cmae back earlier than expected from his shoulder injury so hes going to ahve nearly 2 weeks rpe season under his belt before Courtois and the the other Belgians are back in training.

With Schwarzer signing a new 1 year deal though I'd expect one fo Cech or Courtois to be sold and I know who makes sense for the future.

Juve CEO, Giuseppe Marotta:

"Arturo Vidal is not for sale. He's one of the most important players in the squad.

"In my experience it's the player that decides his future. Just yesterday Vidal expressed his happiness to continue at Juve"

Juve CEO, Giuseppe Marotta:

"Arturo Vidal is not for sale. He's one of the most important players in the squad.

He's on over €5m a season and playing for Juventus. I don't know why he would consider leaving for United anyway.

Oat23 wrote: »
    He's on over €5m a season and playing for Juventus. I don't know why he would consider leaving for United anyway.

Oats, run, just run..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He was hardly going to píss the fans off even more after their manager leaving yesterday by saying their best player will be sold also

It's unlikely but I don't think what was said at that conference means much

• Advertisement

Speaking of Juve, Iturbe has signed a contract with Roma and will have his medical today. I was kinda hoping they'd resign Lamela for half of what they sold him for, but Iturbe is a very good signing to be fair to them.

A rumour knocking around that Conte is the one who wanted to sell Vidal or Pogba to fund Iturbe and Evra. Management were never sold.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"Hai guyz! I'd like to thank our old manager you all loved for his hard work, oh and by the by, our best player is out the door with him too kthxbye!"

Oats, run, just run..

Seriously though. I don't understand it at all and I'm not trying to wind anyone up. He has won 3 leagues back-to-back and is on big money. United aren't even in Europe and are probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the league currently?

When it comes to lifestyle, I don't even like flying through Manchester airport. I'll take Turin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The Daily Fail also misquoted

He said that Juve will never put Vidal up for sale, which is different from "we will never sell him"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Am sure United would pay a lot more than €5m a season to him. Could easily see them offering €12m+ a season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

He wants to join a mid table Premier League club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Raf32 wrote: »
    Chelseas back 5 look superb. With Matic protecting them and Mourinho's tactics, cant see them letting it too much next year.

It's quality. Only place really lacking is back up to Costa.If he get's injured who's there?

Oats, run, just run..

In fairness it's a fair point. Maybe he's a fan or likes the bags of money that we can supply him with.

Still don't think it'll happen as it doesn't make a lot of sense

Am sure United would pay a lot more than €5m a season to him. Could easily see them offering €12m+ a season.

So would Chelsea and City in a heartbeat too...that combined with CL football, better team and guaranteed push for trophies both short and long term it doesn't make sense why he'd pick United over City/Chelsea or over leaving Juve

I just think if selling Vidal was realistic, Madrid, Barca, Munich etc. would all be in the hunt too...but anything is possible really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Seriously though. I don't understand it at all and I'm not trying to wind anyone up. He has won 3 leagues back-to-back and is on big money. United aren't even in Europe and are probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the league currently?

When it comes to lifestyle, I don't even like flying through Manchester airport. I'll take Turin.

Footballers are strange creatures it's a bit like Robinho going to Manchester City.

He left Real Madrid to go to a mid table team who hadn't won anything for 40 years.

Why would he do such a thing?

Zico wrote: »
    Footballers are strange creatures it's a bit like Robinho going to Manchester City.

He left Real Madrid to go to a mid table team who hadn't won anything for 40 years.

**cough cough** He thought he was going to Chelsea :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

United could offer him more money and to be fair, Juve have gone about as far as they can in my opinion and if he wants to win the CL he would have a better chance of doing that in his career if he moved to United. If he moved to United they would have a very strong team and if they also added a top CB then they would have one of the best teams in Europe. Next season United will be back in the CL and the way they seem to be going about bringing in players I think they will be competing for the trophy, that would be enough to negate the lifestyle difference for a few years to most ambitious players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

**cough cough** He thought he was going to Chelsea :rolleyes:

That was Chelsea 10 years earlier. :P

glued wrote: »
    In fairness it's a fair point. Maybe he's a fan or likes the bags of money that we can supply him with.

Still don't think it'll happen as it doesn't make a lot of sense

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with Oats by any stretch of the imagination, I just think many of your fellow supporters fail to realise that United isn't the be all to end all, especially without Champions League football. Saying it elsewhere, but given all Vidal's comments while at Leverkusen and at the time of leaving about competing in the Champions League and winning it being the ultimate goal for him, I struggled to see him play for a club who can't offer them, for however long that maybe. He's said multiple times that he would have loved to have stayed at Leverkusen had they been able to compete on all fronts, but they're a club who won't be offer that obviously. He's on a pretty penny as things stand at Juve, but he is one of those ultimate competitor sort of players. United very well might be in the Top 4 come the end of the season, but it's a risk for someone like him in his peak to make such a move, despite the increase in wages.

And if it's true Conte wanted to sell him to fund Iturbe and.. Evra, questions had to be asked by those upstairs. I think Conte has been under the microscope since failing in the Champions League again, tbh.

If it's any consolation, I think there's a chance United could sign Schweini instead now. When you have everything at club level like he has, a move to something different is more likely to happen.

• Advertisement

There is a huge gulf in mindset to someone like Robinho and Vidal. One is a competitor, a fighter, the other is Robinho.

It's a shame Chelsea didn't sign him. I remember being gutted at the time they missed out.

Turtwig wrote: »
    It's quality. Only place really lacking is back up to Costa.If he get's injured who's there?

Lukaku, if he wants to be kept.

Failing that we'll be in the market for another CF as we'll be left with Torres and Bamford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Oblak confirmed to Atletico, fine keeper!!

According to Bild, Ginter will sign contract for Dortmund tomorrow, or Friday at the latest.

Happy-Will-Ferrell-GIF.gif

Kroos to Madrid done €30m according to Bild.

According to Bild, Ginter will sign contract for Dortmund tomorrow, or Friday at the latest.

Happy-Will-Ferrell-GIF.gif

Hummels leaving?

BBC say that Vidal isn't leaving Juventus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I love Khedira but Kroos is a step up. He'll be a great signing for Arsenal if they get him though

Well that escalated quickly. According to a Sky Sports (German) journo, Ginter's transfer to Dortmund is a done deal now, €10 transfer fee, 5 year contract.
    glued wrote: »
    Hummels leaving?

Barca have a small chance I suppose, but no.

Next year more than likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Thats a great deal for Dortmund.
    He'll turn into a great player while with them.

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Thats a great deal for Dortmund.
    He'll turn into a great player while with them.

Think I was talking to you about him last summer when Arsenal were linked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Well that escalated quickly. According to a Sky Sports (German) journo, Ginter's transfer to Dortmund is a done deal now, €10 transfer fee, 5 year contract.

Quick edit there ;)

I'd be surprised if he left at this stage, though.

Quick edit there ;)

I'd be surprised if he left at this stage, though.

Well, I said last summer that he could be off to them and if Marquinhos deal falls through, there is a small chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

A Tenner?:eek: Bargain!!

Iturbe to Roma for €22M is confirmed.

So, Juve have missed out on their top two attacking choices now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I'd go for Cuadrado now if I were them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Roma are going to be huge contenders next season in Serie A & possible dark horses in the CL.
    If they could get a striker they would have an excellent squad.

Kroos to Madrid done €30m according to Bild.

Confirmed by Bayern & Real this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Still...

Roma look dangerous next season! If they keep Benatia they will be pushing for the league for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Still...

Roma look dangerous next season! If they keep Benatia they will be pushing for the league for sure
    Especially with Allegri at the helm in Juventus.

€10M, 5 year contract :D

Bsu-cCSCMAARZZ2.jpg:medium

Iz hapi.

• Advertisement
Advertisement